Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Completely random ass thread, Zelda II the adventures of link
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.25.2006, 02:13 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone else think this is one of the hardest videogames ever made? I seriously used to wonder how I beat it as a kid. Well, I recently beat it and for anyone who is wondering how to make it through the game, here are my top clues:

Gaining experience is time consuming but vital

If all else fails use fire
is one of the most important rules of the game

The quickest, easiest spot to get experience is by fighting the monsters in the field above the spot where the river devil sits

The most important item in the game is in the water palace

There are 2 hidden Knights in the game, each will teach you a sword technique. Both of them are vital.

The water palace has fake walls.

One of the towns is hidden

You need to find all 4 magic containers and the magic key to complete the game.

heh well I've just been wanting to get that out of my system. Hopefully it will help out some of the NES fans on this board. But most importantly, I really felt like typing it.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 03:59 AM   #2
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
ahh the memories, that little Link ruffian....and his scally-wag ways..
Old 06.25.2006, 08:26 AM   #3
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Best in the series besides ocarina imo..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 01:13 PM   #4
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
heh I agree. Zelda II was great and it went great with Zelda 1
Old 06.25.2006, 05:47 PM   #5
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I hate Zelda II. I got it for GBA and couldn't even beat the first boss. The sword is so short I can never kill anyone without getting hurt. I suppose if I practiced more and leveled up a bit. But NES games were always hard.

I liked Link to the Past way more than any other Zelda game. Including Ocarina of Time. I still remember when the old video rental place was going out of business, or at least dropping it's SNES games for the the new PS line, it put LttP up for sale and I rode my bike all the way there (er...okay it was about a mile) and bought it with quarters. Then carried it back on my bike in a plastic bag.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 06:07 PM   #6
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I beat the crap out of this game when I was 5, but then tried playing it again when I was like eighteen and it was so freaking hard.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 06:49 PM   #7
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
I remember playing Link's Awakening for the original Game Boy. That thing was so fucking hard. That 7th castle with the pillars was hard. I don't even know how I passed it at such a young age.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 07:01 PM   #8
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
i somehow, somehow managed to beat it a few months after i got it (this was just a couple years ago -- i'm a late bloomer). i was shocked when i beat dark link the second time i tried (considering that i still have enormous trouble beating dark link in ocarina of time -- the hammer trick never seems to work for me). i did, however, use gamefaqs -- without it i'd probably still be at it.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.25.2006, 07:10 PM   #9
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
I remember playing Link's Awakening for the original Game Boy. That thing was so fucking hard. That 7th castle with the pillars was hard. I don't even know how I passed it at such a young age.
I was never able to beat the eagle pillar tower thing as a kid. I ended up selling it and my gameboy without ever passing it. My friend gave me his old game boy with the game a year ago and I beat the whole game in a week. Without a guide or anything, too. You have no idea how satisfying that was.
Old 06.25.2006, 07:26 PM   #10
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
_________________0___________________ _________________00__________________ ________________0000_________________ _______________000000________________ ____00_________000000__________00____ _____0000______000000______00000_____ _____000000____0000000___0000000_____ ______000000___0000000_0000000_______ _______0000000_000000_0000000________ _________000000_00000_000000_________ _0000_____000000_000_0000__000000000_ __000000000__0000_0_000_000000000____ _____000000000__0_0_0_000000000______ _________0000000000000000____________ ______________000_0_0000_____________ ____________00000_0__00000___________ ___________00_____0______00________
Old 06.25.2006, 07:43 PM   #11
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I was never able to beat the eagle pillar tower thing as a kid. I ended up selling it and my gameboy without ever passing it. My friend gave me his old game boy with the game a year ago and I beat the whole game in a week. Without a guide or anything, too. You have no idea how satisfying that was.

Yeah, that part was hard. The boss for that level was hard too. One time it took me over 100 hits to beat him and another time it took me like 5 hits. I never figured out how to beat him the right way, I just always kept hitting him until he died. I think everytime you fall off the tower, his hp regenerates and you have to start all over when you go back up. But I never figured it out. I beat it without a guide too. Awesome.
Old 06.25.2006, 07:54 PM   #12
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Beating Zelda II is all about leveling up and finding all the spells. You need the fire spell to get anywhere in the game. Basically after you cross the huge lake to the other side of the map, that area is the best place to level up but you need the fire spell to kill any of the enemies, but they give you like 150 experience points per screen. And everytime you run out of magic and health, just go to a town and fill up. That's basically the key to beating the game. You need to be super strong to get anywhere.

There's so much hidden stuff though that's so impossible. Like the kidnapped kid in the maze. How the hell is anyone supposed to know it's there? Same thing with the hidden town and the hidden magic container.
Old 06.25.2006, 08:08 PM   #13
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

Ya Zelda 2 is ridiculously hard. Props to you for beating it. I really thought I had the hang of it until the end of the first palace, where those knights that can block would do so much damage that the boss would be impossible.

Quote:
Yeah, that part was hard. The boss for that level was hard too. One time it took me over 100 hits to beat him and another time it took me like 5 hits. I never figured out how to beat him the right way, I just always kept hitting him until he died. I think everytime you fall off the tower, his hp regenerates and you have to start all over when you go back up. But I never figured it out. I beat it without a guide too. Awesome.
Oh yeah! The eagle boss. Yeah you start over every time he pushed you off. I forgot about that part. It must have taken me 30 tries. But the whole layout of the tower gave me a headache. Having to figure out where to throw that little ball to get it to the last pillar.

What about the Oracles series? Anyone play those? I got to the last palace of Seasons and randomly stopped. I didn't even go in. I loved the game too. Just remembered it...I don't have Ages, though. I need to finish up Seasons and get it. It's basically a continuation of Link's Awakening in two parts, and they intertwine with passwords and stuff. Was really fun.
Old 06.25.2006, 08:12 PM   #14
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
Beating Zelda II is all about leveling up and finding all the spells. You need the fire spell to get anywhere in the game. Basically after you cross the huge lake to the other side of the map, that area is the best place to level up but you need the fire spell to kill any of the enemies, but they give you like 150 experience points per screen. And everytime you run out of magic and health, just go to a town and fill up. That's basically the key to beating the game. You need to be super strong to get anywhere.

There's so much hidden stuff though that's so impossible. Like the kidnapped kid in the maze. How the hell is anyone supposed to know it's there? Same thing with the hidden town and the hidden magic container.

It seems like this game is really cool. My bro has the GBA version that they released. I'll ask him to let me play it.
Old 06.25.2006, 10:37 PM   #15
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
I remember when my grandma first bought the Zelda games. They were supposed to be something for us grandkids to do when we visited, but she kicked all our butts at it, and ended up beating them all herself.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2006, 11:21 AM   #16
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
my brother bought the wind waker last week, it's pretty awsome, I don't understand why everyone was so pissed off about the cartoonish look to it, I think it looks awsome. the zelda games are so great, I think ocarina of time is the greates game ever.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.31.2006, 10:23 AM   #17
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

fucking great game.although zelda III was my fav. Played it since I was about 9 years old and I'm still not tired with it. I plan to download windwaker eventually, it will give me something to do on my 3 hour spares instead of sitting on the board the whole time.
Old 08.31.2006, 10:31 AM   #18
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Ocarina of Time and Windwalker were genius fucking games.

I beat them both. I ama master swordfighter with Link. I can feint and thrust and parry and juke and dodge and stabv and kill with precision and strength.

Ocaritam of Time was fucking excellent and so deep.

the wind walker is just a genius fucking game. I played it till i beat it and I love the sailing aspect of it. fuck I love zelda.
Old 08.31.2006, 10:35 AM   #19
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Only thing that really pissed me off about windwaker is all those charts you had to get. Some of them looked cool though
Old 08.31.2006, 03:37 PM   #20
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
It was too hard, so I didn't try to futhure myself.
I beat the first boss and I think that's all.

I liked the first Zelda.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth