Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page recipes (i know... i know...)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2009, 03:31 PM   #1
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
what are the easy things you make for dinner each week? something not horribly bad for you, but nothing terribly complicated. i'm burned out on our dinner ideas.

savage clone... hush. i don't like wheat germ.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 03:34 PM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
i don't like meat.

floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 03:36 PM   #3
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
rice and beans...super easy and you can make enough to eat tacos/burritos for a few days
Old 05.14.2009, 03:40 PM   #4
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
rice and beans...super easy and you can make enough to eat tacos/burritos for a few days

i do this already.

next.

(i'm teasing with my rudeness... but i do make a ton of beans.. 'cause "i don't like meat")
Old 05.14.2009, 03:55 PM   #5
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Lentil.
(no one said it's "horribly bad for you", yet)
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:00 PM   #6
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Lentil.

does that have something to do with barbra streisand?
Old 05.14.2009, 04:06 PM   #7
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Arf!!
I just got it.
Not directly..
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Pizza I find quite easy. By which I mean start-to-finish pizza, not just sticking one in the oven. Y'know, make some dough, stick it to one side, dither around, make a super quick tomato sauce (with garlic and spinich) and then some crap for topping (anything, doesn't seem to matter).

Or there's the lazy curry - chop up a load of things, hoof in some spices, a bit of cream or milk or tinned tomatoes, leave in the oven on a high heat for a bit.

I don't really do complicated, now I think about it. I sometimes make pasta from scratch, but that's more long-winded than complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:17 PM   #9
girlgun
invito al cielo

will you tell me about your complicated pasta, glice? i make one complicated meal a week.
Old 05.14.2009, 04:19 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
There's nothing complicated about it, it just takes a cuntload of sweat to make. Water, eggs, flour and sweat. And then I'll usually make lasagne or some shit, which is easy, innit?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 05.14.2009, 04:21 PM   #11
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
There's nothing complicated about it, it just takes a cuntload of sweat to make. Water, eggs, flour and sweat. And then I'll usually make lasagne or some shit, which is easy, innit?

all cooking is easy, yeah? it's just a matter of wanting to put in the time. i have never tried to make pasta. i guess i need to look it up, huh? i'm not usually a fan of lasagna.. which is weird because i love all the incredients. i'm going to do this. i have found the longer you have to cook something, the better it is.
Old 05.14.2009, 04:24 PM   #12
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I wish I was one of those people who enjoyed cooking.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:25 PM   #13
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
my recipe for success: penne with ricotta in spinach in the oven

for four people:
500 gr. of penne
500 gr. of ricotta cheese
100 gr. of parmezan cheese
750 gr. of fresh spinach
sour cream
4 eggs
pepper and salt

cook the pasta al dente, dip the spinach in boiling water and chop it into smaller pieces. put the pasta in an oven dish. mix the ricotta cheese with the eggs, sour cream and parmezan. add the spinach, papper and salt. put the mix on top of the pasta and put it in the oven for about half an hour. leave to cool and stiffen for five minutes, then serve.

i'm sorry, i only know the quantities in the system we use here, but i'm sure the internet can give you something to translate this...

ps: roast some pineseeds for extra tastiness and turning it into a full vegetarian meal.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:28 PM   #14
sarramkrop

Chop some mushrooms, and fry them at low heat. After that, chop some potatoes, some, leeks, onions, and a little bit of garlic. Boil them, add some salt and one vegetable stock-cube. Add a little soy sauce to the mix, pour the mushrooms into the pot with the rest of the vegetables, boil for a good 40/50 minutes. Serve soup.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:30 PM   #15
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
I wish I was one of those people who enjoyed cooking.

i hate it, but i can make anything.

(goes to read recipes underneath this post)

who knows how to make a proper curry, english people?
Old 05.14.2009, 04:32 PM   #16
girlgun
invito al cielo

ploesj and sarramkrop.. those both sound great. i will absolutely make them both.
Old 05.14.2009, 04:34 PM   #17
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
all cooking is easy, yeah? it's just a matter of wanting to put in the time. i have never tried to make pasta. i guess i need to look it up, huh? i'm not usually a fan of lasagna.. which is weird because i love all the incredients. i'm going to do this. i have found the longer you have to cook something, the better it is.

For me, I was intimidated by cooking for a long time because there's always this sense of 'parboil for EXACTLY 32 seconds then add 1/52nd of the cubed parsley [etc]'. There is a lot of cooking that's like that, but for the average person, all you need to do is know that undercooked meat = the shits and dry things tend to soak up moist things.

So with pasta, you get 2 eggs and a small amount of fine flour in a bowl, mix up (with your hands, take off any rings so they dont get covered) and keep adding flour every few minutes (and a tiny smidge of water & salt) until you've got something springy and stretchy. You then spend a million years rolling it out (roll/ flip/ roll) and cut into sheets. OR if you're doing other pasta, boil it for not too long (2-5 minutes I'd say, but too long and it goes shit).

I tend to make lasagne with a layer of potatoes, peppers, herbs and spices on the bottom, a sheet of pasta and then a layer of mince fried with onions and tomotoes and a few spices and then another layer of pasta, with optional cheese on top. Stick it in the oven until it looks like it's alright (bearing in mind that everything's cooked already, this shouldn't take long) then serve.

Piece of piss.

Quote:
Old 05.14.2009, 04:37 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
i hate it, but i can make anything.

(goes to read recipes underneath this post)

who knows how to make a proper curry, english people?

I've found decent curries are all about marinading the meat over night with those small button peppers, a whole lime's worth of juice, a smidge of orange juice and paprika, ginger, pepper and garlic. I tend to prefer using cream over yoghurt when cooking, and add onions and tomato at the same time as the cream (ie, when you're cooking it after it's marinaded)

And basmati rice - steep it for 30 mins before boiling, boil and drain, then fry with butter (or ghee!) and a smidge of milk/ cream and 4 or 5 cloves of chopped garlic.

This cooking writing lark's fucking difficult.

Quote:
Old 05.14.2009, 04:40 PM   #19
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
i do not know what kind of rice and beans you making but these are for puerto rican "habichuelas" or stewed beans.

ingredients for 2+ people

1 can of beans (your choice, anything from pinto to garbanzo to navy or kydney) drained and RINSED
1/2 small can tomato sauce
olive oil
1 small onion
1 bell pepper/serrano pepper
1 garlic clove/ or some garlic powder
1 packet of GOYA Sazon. comes in a box of 8-10 for like $3.00. good for stews of all kinds

salt
pepper
cilantro

you get a medium saucepan, and put in the olive oil (2-3 tablespoons)
then you chop the pepper and the onion and garlic
put in pan and sautee for a minute or so on medium heat
add the tomato sauce and the packet of SAZON, salt and pepper
simmer on medium for a minute
add the DRAINED beans, and mix for a minute
take the empty bean can, rinse it, and add one can's worth of water
stir
bring to boil.
cover and set to simmer , stirring every few minutes, for about 10-15 min, or until the sauce is thickened a little. add cilantro

serve over white rice/yellow rice

you can fuck with this recipe and add pieces of pumpkin, or some cubed red potatoes or if you like meat, cut up some hard salami for flavor. or add red bell pepper, or any vegetable in fact.
Old 05.14.2009, 04:41 PM   #20
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ploesj and sarramkrop.. those both sound great. i will absolutely make them both.

do so, it only takes about an hour to make and most people like it.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth