Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page OHHH to live in California
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.11.2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I would get to see these dates, where japanese sound master CORNELIUS is playing gigs with DEERHOOF opening up. Oh man the jealousy. THE DEEP ENVY

You cali bastards. lucky sons o bitches

05-12 San Francisco, California - The Fillmore *
05-13 Santa Cruz, California - Rio Theater *
05-14 Los Angeles, California - Mayan Theater *
05-16 Pomona, California - The Glasshouse *
Old 02.11.2009, 12:14 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I would get to see these dates, where japanese sound master CORNELIUS is playing gigs with DEERHOOF opening up. Oh man the jealousy. THE DEEP ENVY

You cali bastards. lucky sons o bitches

05-12 San Francisco, California - The Fillmore *
05-13 Santa Cruz, California - Rio Theater *
05-14 Los Angeles, California - Mayan Theater *
05-16 Pomona, California - The Glasshouse *

it aint so great here, sure, its moderate clime year-round in most of the state, sure, there is an immense amount of cultural diversity with makes life more enjoyable, but the grass is always greener..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 12:18 PM   #3
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
That would be a really amazing gig. And theres four of them in one state, lucky lucky people.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 12:46 PM   #4
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
it would be a great show to see.

The best benefit about living in Cali?

"Ow! I stubbed my toe...MEDICAL MARIJUANA!"
Old 02.11.2009, 12:50 PM   #5
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Ha ha!

It's definately the best thing to subscribe people who're depressed, or "clinically fed up" as Alan Partridge would say. I mean, it's not like theres any evidence to show that marijuana causes the condition! Madness.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 12:52 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

medical marijuana is bullshit. its just a way for the CIA/FBI/DEA to take further control of the black market, since dealing drugs is literally their business. Further, because EVERYONE is getting medical cards for bullshit, it makes it difficult for ACTUAL sick people to get it medically. I wish street smokers would boss up and keep smoking on the street, and let sick folks be to themselves, like the way to do it in Oregon, there are no dispensaries there, just word-of-mouth.

Old 02.11.2009, 02:02 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the dispensiaries are the only people fighting for the state's rights guaanteed to each individual state under the 10th amendment of the constitution.

The feds (DEA) continually harrass and bust the dispensaries, randomly, enforcing an un-constitutional federal law.
Old 02.11.2009, 02:15 PM   #8
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
the dispensiaries are the only people fighting for the state's rights guaanteed to each individual state under the 10th amendment of the constitution.

The feds (DEA) continually harrass and bust the dispensaries, randomly, enforcing an un-constitutional federal law.
my friend, without pulling too much of my own card here, let me assure you, that 95% of dispensaries are just street pushers who combine their medical cards to find yet another way to launder their street money, like the smoke shops and bodegas of the late 90s/ early 2000s, it is all just a racket, a hustle..

The DEA/Feds bust these things like they always bust dealers, to come up on the cash and the little black book.. in fact, they just shut down 27 of them in Los Angeles last year, which I interpret as a centralizing effort to corral the crowd to the few shops left in business, a kind of monopolizing effort by the feds to put all their eggs in one basket so to speak..

drug dealers are like saving accounts to the feds, they just come in and take their houses, cars and cash with no questions asked..

sick folks get herb from some true, but the vast majority of these clubs supply to street smokers, get their supply from street dealers, and are all part of the street system, which is a conflict of interest to me.

I deal with the street and have no problems with it, for my part, i-man say that the medicinal crowd should get it from the hospital pharmacy, and there shouldn't even be these dispensaries..

Old 02.11.2009, 02:22 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

there are over 300 in LA though, and many are in compliance and give their product to people who do need it though.
Old 02.11.2009, 02:29 PM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
there are over 300 in LA though, and many are in compliance and give their product to people who do need it though.

true, but LA is a brutally corrupt town, and I-man live here and deal with this nonsense every single day...

The pigs, the feds and the crooks all work in tandem, this is precisely the kind of drug dealing triangle trade that the Iran Contra scandal revealed.. the trouble is it continues on as ever..

I am about cutting the snake's head off, not riding its tail. If we let the system carry on as ever, then nothing will ever change. If we let the FEDS sell us weed, we will only support those bastards.. fuck the FEDS, there I said it, take that NSA automated surveillance, I run with the Most High GOD and I-man is not afraid of you..

Old 02.11.2009, 02:30 PM   #11
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Might as well go to the glasshouse one. It's just down the street.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 02:33 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

interesting story about the glass house, me and a handful of friends almost got in a riot against this piss punk/gutter punk krew called the "Pomona Family" who were like 35 deep in the park across the street in 2003 at the SUBHUMANS show there..

and one of them picked a fight with one of us, so we went across the street like gentlemen..

we sent our biggest dude to pick up their biggest dude by the shirt collar and say, "you don't wanna fuck with us, I'll bite your fucking nose off!" while we circled this huge crowd (there were only 7 of us)...
those pussy motherfuckers could have lynched us but instead they pussed out...

ha, the pomona family... damned piss punks.

Old 02.11.2009, 03:17 PM   #13
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Haha. Never even heard of them. Though I don't go to punk shows a lot.
Old 02.11.2009, 03:41 PM   #14
yesca
little trouble girl

yesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's assesyesca kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonikJesus
Might as well go to the glasshouse one. It's just down the street.
does the glasshouse sell booze yet? when i saw sonic youth there, no booze. had to go to this crappy bar across the street where all the mixed drinks tasted like bile. damn.

yesca is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.11.2009, 03:53 PM   #15
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

I don't think they do though they might have changed. It's all ages so they probably don't.
Old 02.11.2009, 03:56 PM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesca
does the glasshouse sell booze yet? when i saw sonic youth there, no booze. had to go to this crappy bar across the street where all the mixed drinks tasted like bile. damn.

did you take the pic in your sig? if so, do you know where hank is buried?

Robs
Old 02.11.2009, 03:57 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

I haven't seen the world "yesca" is so long, everyone switched to Mota these days..

Old 02.28.2009, 03:58 PM   #18
Nevermind
little trouble girl

Nevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's assesNevermind kicks all y'all's asses
California is the best place in the world.
Nevermind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth