Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Bad day for Democracy
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.20.2008, 12:57 PM   #1
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
After this wiretap "compromise", i am outraged. They should have to answer for their illegal wiretapping, and are not in any positions to make deals..

Outraged at the weak kneed Dems, esp. Pelosi. Who is she to say impeachment is off the table? A lot of people are outraged. Thanks to DK(Kucinich) for his relentless efforts on that.

Also, sad that on the heals of the above, the big oils are rigging up Iraq, with no bid contracts, to boot. They'll be mainipulating things for much longer and have more control on our oil dependancy, thwarting advancement of other energy sources et..

Sad, sad day, friends, for Democracy.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 01:03 PM   #2
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
But why is today particularly sad for our constitutional federal republic?
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 01:06 PM   #3
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Not to make too much of it, but if want to see democracy truly being fucked over, look at Zimbabwe.
Old 06.20.2008, 01:16 PM   #4
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
But why is today particularly sad for our constitutional federal republic?

if u are serious, read above again.

Old 06.20.2008, 01:21 PM   #5
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
if u are serious, read above again.
I don't see anything that specifies this taking place in one day. Do you have a news link?

I can see "sad time for democracy" or "sad month for democracy" but a day is a 24 hour period. Really I was expecting some news links instead of liberal moaning without them.
Old 06.20.2008, 01:34 PM   #6
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
I don't see anything that specifies this taking place in one day. Do you have a news link?

I can see "sad time for democracy" or "sad month for democracy" but a day is a 24 hour period. Really I was expecting some news links instead of liberal moaning without them.

I guess i assumed if one responds to the thread they may know whats up...or want to know, which links would have been good for. A Bad day may not be a 24 hr period, per se. The wiretapping was today, and oil contracts should be any day now. So bad few days/week/period for Democracy. You have to be very specifc with conservatives, i guess, in general, or else they take things off point, esp. when in such states of denial.

Old 06.20.2008, 01:55 PM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

You're calling me conservative because I wanted to know what you were referring to? Wow.
Old 06.20.2008, 02:12 PM   #8
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Well you know it was the main headline in the Wall Street Journal today.

I'll maintain what I've been saying, this Congress is being blackmailed by the neocons who have have negative information on them. Its the only explanation that makes sense. Its an old tactic to create a "honey pot", typically an attractive young person who seduces the representative, and then gets it all on tape. The more sordid scenario includes drugging the representative unconcscious, and then killing a prostitute and having the representative wake up and freak out, and then the neocon cleans up the situation, while keeping a film of it

It is shameful. If only the public would respond by demanding real encryption. But they won't - america has cooked their brains by unrelenting cell phone use.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 02:21 PM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Well you know it was the main headline in the Wall Street Journal today.

I'll maintain what I've been saying, this Congress is being blackmailed by the neocons who have have negative information on them. Its the only explanation that makes sense. Its an old tactic to create a "honey pot", typically an attractive young person who seduces the representative, and then gets it all on tape. The more sordid scenario includes drugging the representative unconcscious, and then killing a prostitute and having the representative wake up and freak out, and then the neocon cleans up the situation, while keeping a film of it

It is shameful. If only the public would respond by demanding real encryption. But they won't - america has cooked their brains by unrelenting cell phone use.

i think it's time to call in the pharmacy for refills
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 02:41 PM   #10
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Corruption in government is a constant everywhere, and Orwell's nightmare is a long time coming with the advent of wiretapping immunity.

Besides, people are in fact very pissed about it; it seems people still don't realize that the Bush administration could care less. What would you like us to do, blog about it? Picket the White House? I'm sure that would give congress something to think about.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 02:50 PM   #11
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Eh, is not like I didn't say this when it happened. Get over it hag.
Old 06.20.2008, 03:52 PM   #12
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
You're calling me conservative because I wanted to know what you were referring to? Wow.

I guess complaining about breeches of law is a liberal moan. Wow. Anyways, did u really write to moan about using a 24 hr period?

Old 06.20.2008, 03:59 PM   #13
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
After this wiretap "compromise", i am outraged. They should have to answer for their illegal wiretapping, and are not in any positions to make deals..

Outraged at the weak kneed Dems, esp. Pelosi. Who is she to say impeachment is off the table? A lot of people are outraged. Thanks to DK(Kucinich) for his relentless efforts on that.

Also, sad that on the heals of the above, the big oils are rigging up Iraq, with no bid contracts, to boot. They'll be mainipulating things for much longer and have more control on our oil dependancy, thwarting advancement of other energy sources et..

Sad, sad day, friends, for Democracy.

blah blah blah... i'm on a diet and your name is making me hungry.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 04:04 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I guess complaining about breeches of law is a liberal moan. Wow. Anyways, did u really write to moan about using a 24 hr period?

u know? the u doesnt make u look very convincing. and u are arguing pointlessly about what the meaning of "day" is.

but anyway, i'm still reading all the discussion & commentary before i make some absolute pronouncement of the truth of the u-niverse. trying to understand what was gained & what was lost in this so-called "compromise".
Old 06.20.2008, 04:20 PM   #15
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
u know? the u doesnt make u look very convincing. and u are arguing pointlessly about what the meaning of "day" is.

but anyway, i'm still reading all the discussion & commentary before i make some absolute pronouncement of the truth of the u-niverse. trying to understand what was gained & what was lost in this so-called "compromise".

Dont let u get ya down man.

I expected some snide remarks here and there about anything, anything not pertaining to the real story. but some of ya are just on the rag..somethin.

Old 06.20.2008, 04:23 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Dont let u get ya down man.

I expected some snide remarks here and there about anything, anything not pertaining to the real story. but some of ya are just on the rag..somethin.

argue your case instead of getting bogged down in shitty little discussions is my point.

im trying to understand today's bill, and you're not helping.
Old 06.20.2008, 04:31 PM   #17
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
argue your case instead of getting bogged down in shitty little discussions is my point.

im trying to understand today's bill, and you're not helping.

Well, bringing up the short acronym u is hardly the discussion. oh man. Immunity man. Immunity to telecoms for illegal wiretapping, and therefore, no way to hold admin accountable. That's it.

Old 06.20.2008, 04:34 PM   #18
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
My opinion is that a) unless you're actually doing something wrong, this will not affect Americans anymore than the average fucked-up scandal could, and b) it's not really something that we can fix by caring. One person can make a difference in a lot of things, but this isn't one of them. Not right now, at least.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2008, 04:37 PM   #19
ricechex
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
My opinion is that a) unless you're actually doing something wrong, this will not affect Americans anymore than the average fucked-up scandal could, and b) it's not really something that we can fix by caring. One person can make a difference in a lot of things, but this isn't one of them. Not right now, at least.

Thank u acousticrock87. Thats a great handle, by the way. Indifference allows this stuff to go down tho.

Old 06.20.2008, 04:37 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well, bringing up the short acronym u is hardly the discussion. oh man. Immunity man. Immunity to telecoms for illegal wiretapping, and therefore, no way to hold admin accountable. That's it.

but ultimately the government is the one responsible for this shit-- the telecoms take their marching orders from the government. barring some negligence or abuse, why should they be held accountable for cooperating with the commander guy?

it's a grey area at best-- i think the telecoms would be made scapegoats while the real culprits laugh their way to the bank.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth