Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Reynols
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.24.2006, 02:39 PM   #1
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Has anyone ever heard the music of this most eccentric of argentinian bands?
Gigs played in front of a bunch of chickens

anyone?

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 02:41 PM   #2
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
How much cooler do you need to look like then?

Old 05.24.2006, 02:43 PM   #3
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I went to see them once. Miguel was not with them.
I heard someone in the crowd say "I drove all this way for no retard?"
Still a cool show though.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 02:46 PM   #4
porkmarras
invito al cielo

I was going to see them when they were gonna play in England but then they got stopped by immigration officials and were refused entry into the country.Shame!!!
Here's a link to some of their music:
http://www.ubu.com/sound/reynols.html

Old 05.24.2006, 02:53 PM   #5
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the links. They are a band I have been meaning to listen to for a while. I have an Anla Courtis record (the Culver/Courtis lp) but not Reynols stuff.

When they were barred from entering the UK they made some sounds with their deportation papers and released it as a 7"...

Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 02:55 PM   #6
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Thanks for the links. They are a band I have been meaning to listen to for a while. I have an Anla Courtis record (the Culver/Courtis lp) but not Reynols stuff.

When they were barred from entering the UK they made some sounds with their deportation papers and released it as a 7"...

Class!

Old 05.24.2006, 02:57 PM   #7
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Dialogues with MIGUEL TOMASIN.
Trancription & Translation by Anla Courtis.
The following dialogues were transcripted from diary conversations with Miguel Tomasin (the drummer and leader of argentinean band Reynols, who is has by Down's Syndrome). As Tomasin is not interested at all in writing anything, these dialogues are probably the only access to Tomasin's philosopy or non-philosophy. (contact: reynols@htomail.com)
Question: Do you think the universe exists?
Miguel Tomasin: No, it doesn't exist. It's just fantasy.
Q: What's the most important thing in your life?
MT: Photocopies.
MT: The score (of the match) was 1 to 1.
Q: So who scored the goals?
MT: Nobody.
Q: What came first, the egg or the chicken?
MT: The cock.
Q: What's there in the moon?
MT: A screw and a chamame tape.
MT: God is a hidden camera
Q: Why doesn't clouds fall down?
MT: Because if they fall, they die.
Q: What was the floor invented for?
MT: To step on ants.
MT: A girl is frying eggs on her belly.
Q: Doesn't she get burnt?
MT: No.
Q: Explain your idea about the "Planeta Sardina" (Sardina Planet).
MT: Oh, easy... When you eat a lot of fish a planet starts to grow inside your paunch. That's the Sardina Planet.
Q: Do aliens exist?
Q: But haven't you seen them?
MT: Yes I saw them, but they don't exist.
MT: Do you know why the grass is short?
A: No.
MT: Because it was long.
Q: What do you think: Did Hitler commit suicide or was he killed?
MT: Eh...I don't know. He didn't tell me nothing.
Q: How many heavens are in heaven?
MT: Noone.
Talking about plants he said:
MT: We should sow feet.
Q: And what will grow there?
MT: Voices.
MT: The sun is blocked by the clouds and the sun.
Q: Do you have blood?
Q: So what's there inside you?
MT: Nothing.
Q: What does God wear?
MT: God wears shorts and blue nappies.
Tomasin's definition of noise-music: 'It's music for teeth'.
Q: What were you like before you were born?
MT: Bigger.
MT: Guitars inside my socks.
Q: Are you the Buddha?
MT: No, single.
Q: Where does the sun go at night?
MT: To the Octopuss.
MT: Ice cream-spaceship.
Q: Do you think we are your sons?
MT: Yes and my grandsons and great-grandsons.
Q: What do you recommend for this week?
MT: You have to eat, stand up, do what you have to do and then ... to sleep.
Q: But what do you do when you get tired of this?
MT: Ah.... I WAKE UP.
MT: Wind that blows birds.
Q: Where is the mind?
Answer: (Miguel Tomasin comes and blows on my ear).
Q: What's this? (a pop can)
MT: A head of seven heads.
Q: When is your birthday?
MT: Every week.
Q: What is the Down's Syndrome?
MT: A Fan Club.
Miguel watches a photo of Ayatollah Khomeini and says:
'He has record-shape face'.
Q: Does freedom exist?
Q: What is love?
MT: Eh... I don't understand it.
Q: What is the Kharma?
MT: It is for going to fish brains.
Q: Are you Miguel Tomasin?
Q: Who are you then?
MT: I'm a human.
Q: Are you the only human being?
MT: Yes.
Q: So can you tell us what the rest of the people is?
MT: Handkerchiefs.

Tomasin's statement on a rainy day:
'Jesus is sunbathing upstairs on the terrace'.

-- Buenos Aires. ARGENTINA. November 1998.

Old 05.24.2006, 03:00 PM   #8
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Hehe....I just read that interview thing.....that is also class...
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 03:04 PM   #9
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I went to see them once. Miguel was not with them.
I heard someone in the crowd say "I drove all this way for no retard?"
Still a cool show though.
Savage Clone,I think the reason for Miguel's no show is the fact that apparently he refused to acknowledge that the USA existed.Nutcase!

Old 05.24.2006, 03:16 PM   #10
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I like Reynols. But possibly not as much as I should. I've liked what I've heard.

Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 03:22 PM   #11
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Their records are a bit difficult to find unless you buy them online

Old 05.24.2006, 03:24 PM   #12
porkmarras
invito al cielo

How cool is this cover?

Old 05.24.2006, 03:54 PM   #13
porkmarras
invito al cielo

EPILOGUE:
Communique from from the band
Hi, everybody
Hope all is fine there. We would like to let you know that Reynols' life-cycle has come to its natural end.
Anyway, there are still some forthcoming records under that name, with stuff we recorded in 2003 and before. And we have around 100 or 200 hours of recorded stuff that will appear sooner or later: enough for anybody not to miss the band too much in the coming years.
This is not a traumatic decision, we are all still friends and we feel that to end a project in the right moment is the best way to keep its spirit alive... We will go on playing with Miguel Tomasin on the Sol Mayor Project, playing classic rock covers only in benefit gigs for schools and disability institutions. And we will probably develop some other different projects in the future.
We want to thank all the people that supported us over the past years: labels, magazines, bands, journalists, musicians, venues, festivals, radios, TV shows, web-sites, foundations, universities, sound technicians, producers, photographers, record shops, distributors, audiences, and friends in general. We also want to thank our detractors because they were also part of this meaningful learning experience.
And mind we are talking about Reynols' terrestrial death: the band will always be alive in Minecxio. So head that way whenever you feel like paying them a visit. Reynols
Buenos Aires, January 2004

Old 05.24.2006, 03:57 PM   #14
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Old 05.24.2006, 05:07 PM   #15
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
pauline oliveros and reynols collaborated on this cd. its called in the arms of reynols and its pretty good tho the last track has i guess miguel talking on it and i cant bear to listen to it.
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2006, 05:22 PM   #16
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i thought i'd like them a lot but what i've heard hasn't really done anything for me
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2006, 07:05 AM   #17
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i thought i'd like them a lot but what i've heard hasn't really done anything for me
A lot of their work had scores of demented genius throughout.Sometimes,though,they could be a bit much for no apparent reason to the listener.That might have had to do with the very volatile nature of Miguel Tomasin's clearly erratic vision.Just a thought........

Old 05.28.2006, 05:06 AM   #18
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
i have the bolomo mogal f hits.
Old 05.28.2006, 01:43 PM   #19
Mudride
little trouble girl

Mudride has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Thurston's big fan of them.
See them a couple of times. It is funny to see. Not big deal about it
Mudride is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.07.2006, 12:13 PM   #20
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
i saw courtis and culver live... cool shit... courtis put down his guitar mid-set and started sticking bits of masking tape to the wall.. then he made an infinity sign with the tape... they were using tiny practice amps provided by usurper, a local minimalist band...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth