Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Do you self medicate?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.01.2008, 07:00 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
How or do you self medicate any of your ailment?

http://www.rls.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page...d=471&srcid=-2

"..It begins as a strange feeling in your legs that seems to get worse until you stand up and move around. Deep inside your legs you can feel burning, creeping, and crawling sensations that are hard to describe, even to your doctor. Meanwhile, you cope with your condition the best you can.
If these symptoms describe the way you are feeling, you may have restless legs syndrome (RLS), a sensorimotor condition that affects millions of Americans.
Restless legs syndrome can be a primary or a secondary condition. Primary restless legs syndrome is the main form of the disease. While no one is sure what causes primary restless legs syndrome, nearly half of the time it can be traced to a family history. There is currently no cure for primary restless legs syndrome. Secondary restless legs syndrome is caused by an unrelated condition such as pregnancy, anemia, or iron deficiency. Once the unrelated condition has been treated, secondary RLS will usually go away without further treatment."

Myself, I have restless leg syndrome, which I discovered other people have from a tv commercial, because I myself just assumed my entire life that EVERYONE's legs felt insane all the damned time, and that I was just weird for thinking it weird, until a commercial asked about my symptoms and told me for the first time that it is genetic and that millions of people have it. so I ask my relatives, and it turns out the a large number of them also have this weird disease,my grandmother so painful that she can not walk sometimes, which can drive you literally insane sometimes. So I self medicate and have been doing so since I was 14 and didn't know there was anything definitely wrong with my legs to begin with. When I was little and tried to explain it to my mother, she just thought it was "growing pains" so I though it felt weird and painful to grow up until I was 13 and stopped growing, and realized something was up. So i tried drinking, and being drunk didn't help. then I found herbs. Now herbs, that solved the fucking problem right there. Now I have to smoke at least before bed, or I will have to get up and start jogging in place until I pass out around 4 or 5 in the morning like I used to when I was in middle school. So I smoke herb, for medicinal as well as recreational purposes, and if it were not for herb, my legs would be driving me crazy all the time. plus, the medication that the now offer is terrible and dangerous.

http://www.mirapex.com/?sc=MIRMIWEBSEM0507_001

how do you self medicate?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2008, 07:01 PM   #2
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
this is the side effects of the supposed medicine.
enerally, people who take MIRAPEX tolerate it well. The most commonly reported adverse events in RLS clinical trials for MIRAPEX versus placebo were:
  • Nausea (16% vs 5%)
  • Headache (16% vs 15%)
  • Fatigue (9% vs 7%)
  • Somnolence (6% vs 3%)
When beginning to take MIRAPEX, you should be cautious until you know how the drug will affect you. Some people who take MIRAPEX can become sleepy or fall asleep while doing normal everyday activities like driving a car. It is possible that MIRAPEX treatment can cause someone to feel faint or become dizzy when standing up from a seated or prone position. There are reports of some people having hallucinations (seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, or tasting something that does not actually exist) while taking MIRAPEX. However, hallucinations are uncommon in people taking MIRAPEX for primary restless legs syndrome and occur more frequently in people over 65 taking MIRAPEX for Parkinson’s disease.
There have been reports of patients taking certain medications to treat Parkinson's disease or RLS, including MIRAPEX, that have reported problems with gambling, compulsive eating, and increased sex drive. It is not possible to reliably estimate how often these behaviors occur to determine which factors may contribute to them. If you or your family members notice that you are developing unusual behaviors, talk to your doctor.
Please note that this is not a complete list of possible side effects. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you further information. Likewise, it is important to talk to your doctor if you experience any of these problems.

Somnolence was the fucking problem with this disease to begin with! so lets see, I have too options, take a supposed medication which will have a chance of making me sick, giving me a headache or even worse keeping me up all the fucking time (which is most of the problem with RLS to begin with) or I can smoke and have any nauseau go away, bye bye headaches, and sleep like a log for 8 to 10 hours and wake up truly refreshed, and forget the my legs were not normal to begin with...

Old 02.01.2008, 07:02 PM   #3
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
have you had your iron checked? 1/2 the people who have rls or plms have low iron. it's a very easy fix. but you being a young man... and if you had low iron... you'd have to worry if you were losing blood from somewhere.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2008, 07:02 PM   #4
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Requip is better drug than mirapex.
Old 02.01.2008, 07:06 PM   #5
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this is the side effects of the supposed medicine.
enerally, people who take MIRAPEX tolerate it well. The most commonly reported adverse events in RLS clinical trials for MIRAPEX versus placebo were:
  • Nausea (16% vs 5%)
  • Headache (16% vs 15%)
  • Fatigue (9% vs 7%)
  • Somnolence (6% vs 3%)
When beginning to take MIRAPEX, you should be cautious until you know how the drug will affect you. Some people who take MIRAPEX can become sleepy or fall asleep while doing normal everyday activities like driving a car. It is possible that MIRAPEX treatment can cause someone to feel faint or become dizzy when standing up from a seated or prone position. There are reports of some people having hallucinations (seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, or tasting something that does not actually exist) while taking MIRAPEX. However, hallucinations are uncommon in people taking MIRAPEX for primary restless legs syndrome and occur more frequently in people over 65 taking MIRAPEX for Parkinson’s disease.
There have been reports of patients taking certain medications to treat Parkinson's disease or RLS, including MIRAPEX, that have reported problems with gambling, compulsive eating, and increased sex drive. It is not possible to reliably estimate how often these behaviors occur to determine which factors may contribute to them. If you or your family members notice that you are developing unusual behaviors, talk to your doctor.
Please note that this is not a complete list of possible side effects. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you further information. Likewise, it is important to talk to your doctor if you experience any of these problems.

reported side effects have to be taken with a grain of salt.

i have never ever typed on someone who has had side effects from mirapex, but you develop a "tolerance" and have to take holidays from the drug.
Old 02.01.2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
absolutely. nightly....
Old 02.01.2008, 07:09 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
have you had your iron checked? 1/2 the people who have rls or plms have low iron. it's a very easy fix. but you being a young man... and if you had low iron... you'd have to worry if you were losing blood from somewhere.

my iron is fine. I have had this condition since I was 3 years old, I think it is safe to say it is not caused by internal bleeding.

Old 02.01.2008, 07:09 PM   #8
girlgun
invito al cielo

so many people believe RLS/PLMS is made up disease... like ADD or fibromyalgia.

i know someone with such bad periodic limb movements at night that he kicks his mattress off the frame or kicks holes in his sheets.
Old 02.01.2008, 07:10 PM   #9
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
my iron is fine. I have had this condition since I was 3 years old, I think it is safe to say it is not caused by internal bleeding.

do you know how unusual that is? are you having symptoms ALL day or just at night?
Old 02.01.2008, 07:11 PM   #10
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
That sounds like some serious jimmylegs.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2008, 07:12 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
reported side effects have to be taken with a grain of salt.

i have never ever typed on someone who has had side effects from mirapex, but you develop a "tolerance" and have to take holidays from the drug.

it seems like you have or know of my condition! alas, why would I take dangerous pharmaceuticals when I can use something I already enjoyed to begin with? btw, I found out after two years or so of smoking herb that it was effectively solving my leg problem, as I had become so used to the disease that I forgot it went away. Now that is how I know I am "sober" and that it is time to smoke some more, when my legs become as restless as they were in middle school. In fact, I am deathly affraid of the disease coming back into my life and keeping me up all the damned time. It is much worse then the tinitus which used to afflict me when I nearly destroyed my left ear playing way to much guitar way to fucking loud.

Old 02.01.2008, 07:12 PM   #12
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I try to avoid going to the doctor for awhile and try different things before I do.

I also keep around old medicine that I didn't completely use up in case I relapse. I still have my eye drops from when I had a cornereal infection. If my eyes feel the least bit light sensitive or watery, I give them a drop or two.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2008, 07:13 PM   #13
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
it seems like you have or know of my condition! alas, why would I take dangerous pharmaceuticals when I can use something I already enjoyed to begin with? btw, I found out after two years or so of smoking herb that it was effectively solving my leg problem, as I had become so used to the disease that I forgot it went away. Now that is how I know I am "sober" and that it is time to smoke some more, when my legs become as restless as they were in middle school. In fact, I am deathly affraid of the disease coming back into my life and keeping me up all the damned time. It is much worse then the tinitus which used to afflict me when I nearly destroyed my left ear playing way to much guitar way to fucking loud.

i know an excessive amount about it. it's got to be just awful. i'm glad you found something that works, but unfortunately it worsens as you age. it might not be a bad idea to consult a sleep doc at some point.
Old 02.01.2008, 07:15 PM   #14
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
do you know how unusual that is? are you having symptoms ALL day or just at night?

I barely have the symptoms at all for the past 8 years I have been smoking. when I was younger it would afflict me all fucking night long, starting around sundown and lasting until I passed out from sheer exhaustion, and this trouble goes back as far as I can remember, and I distinctly remember never being able to sleep even as a small child 3 or 4. In fact, I spent most my early life sleeping out of exhaustion, and never recall falling asleep on my own. herb has been a blessing for that, as I sleep well and my legs feel fine much of the time. my grandmother's condition lets me know that it does in fact get worse with age.

Old 02.01.2008, 07:18 PM   #15
girlgun
invito al cielo

wow. do you think you have periodic limb movements when you actually do sleep as well?
Old 02.01.2008, 07:19 PM   #16
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
wow. do you think you have periodic limb movements when you actually do sleep as well?

as a matter of fact yes! and sometimes I get the worst kinks in my back because of this. you do indeed know very much about this issue, I have never made the connection, though as I said, I sleep like a log now, but only when I smoke, and if I dont smoke, I can stay awake for days. that is why I never even TRIED speed, because staying awake and being unable to sleep is my worst phobia. it makes everything become fightclub.

Old 02.01.2008, 07:24 PM   #17
girlgun
invito al cielo

i wonder why weed works? i'm gonna ask (my dad practices sleep medicine)... and see if he has any ideas of what might be the .... errr mechanism of action.

this is more related to your original question... but a diabetic friend told me today that if she eats a granny smith apple right before bed, her blood sugars are normal in the morning (whereas before they were very high). she read about it on some diabetic website.. and tried it. it ONLY works with granny smith apples though.. no other kind of apple. isn't that odd?
Old 02.01.2008, 07:29 PM   #18
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Diabeetus
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.01.2008, 07:30 PM   #19
girlgun
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone

oh my shit.
Old 02.01.2008, 08:50 PM   #20
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
HAHAHA wilford whateverthefuck

yeah i almost certainly have hepatitis and can't get into the dr. until tomorrow, consequently i've taken about 2 weeks worth of vicodin in 3 days

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth