Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Some people..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2007, 09:30 AM   #1
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
are just assholes man. Let me tell ya bout it

My Mom just started a new job at a locally owned and operated Liquor Store. She liked the job ok exept for one manager that was always being rude to employees and could really turn a good day bad.
My Mom and the one manager were working together one night on the same register when the manager infromed my Mom that if the register was short at all it would come out of my Mom's check. Mind you, if the manager fucks up my Mom's register it comes out of my Mom's check. What kinda crap is that?
So, my Mom really wasn't happy with the job and she's been thinking of quiting lately. Until yesterday... She got a call from the Liqour Store saying that a drawer she had used a two weeks ago came up 200 dollars short. Therefore, my Mom will NOT GET A CHECK THIS WEEK. OR NEXT WEEK. Now my Mom's basically been crying for the last two days...
She had at least 30 hours in and they just fucked her right out of all the work she did.
If it was a check from two weeks ago that got was short why are they just now taking action? Why are they not infroming the police?
I know this shit isn't legal. But it kinda seems like it might be pointless to try and take it to court because, we would be up against a family with alot of money, and we're broke as a joke.

Now we're broke as a joke

Thoughts anyone?

(p.s. typically I don't make these kind of threads, but I had to tell someone about this bullshit)
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 09:39 AM   #2
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Actually I like these kinds of threads more than most. Bad bosses can be really hard to deal with. But how is that not illegal? That's total bullshit, how can they blame it on your mom? My boss does what he can to trick me out of money too, but it's never this bad because we have a union.I hope for the best with this situation man
Old 07.14.2007, 10:23 AM   #3
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
In the UK, employment laws are so tight an employer in a case like this wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it's pretty different in canada too. My bosses cannot deduct anything from my paycheque for any reason. One of my coworkers was drunk and put an ATV into a pond and the boss didn't deduct anything for the repairs
Old 07.14.2007, 10:35 AM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
are just assholes man. Let me tell ya bout it

My Mom just started a new job at a locally owned and operated Liquor Store. She liked the job ok exept for one manager that was always being rude to employees and could really turn a good day bad.
My Mom and the one manager were working together one night on the same register when the manager infromed my Mom that if the register was short at all it would come out of my Mom's check. Mind you, if the manager fucks up my Mom's register it comes out of my Mom's check. What kinda crap is that?
So, my Mom really wasn't happy with the job and she's been thinking of quiting lately. Until yesterday... She got a call from the Liqour Store saying that a drawer she had used a two weeks ago came up 200 dollars short. Therefore, my Mom will NOT GET A CHECK THIS WEEK. OR NEXT WEEK. Now my Mom's basically been crying for the last two days...
She had at least 30 hours in and they just fucked her right out of all the work she did.
If it was a check from two weeks ago that got was short why are they just now taking action? Why are they not infroming the police?
I know this shit isn't legal. But it kinda seems like it might be pointless to try and take it to court because, we would be up against a family with alot of money, and we're broke as a joke.

Now we're broke as a joke

Thoughts anyone?

(p.s. typically I don't make these kind of threads, but I had to tell someone about this bullshit)

holy shit man, so sorry, this fucking sucks...

she could quit, go to small claims court. these fuckers are clearly abusive, but even going to court wouldn't work in the short term.

what are you guys going to do?

reading up on this, if you get a lawyer you'd be entitled to damages and attorney's fees:

http://labor-employment-law.lawyers....-and-hour-law/

it can't be legal to do this shit... no way.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 10:37 AM   #6
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
If she's leaving the job, then threatening court action might be enough. If the employer has no basis for the claim, they probably wouldn't want to go through the whole court process, with the potential costs (again my little knowledge of these things is limited to the UK).
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 10:38 AM   #7
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe the threat of taking them to court would be enough for them to change their position. A lot of people, not just employers, will try shit like this because they know some people will just take it. If challenged they might quickly change their stance...if they know they might have to go through the hassle of small claims court etc.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 10:38 AM   #8
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Great minds etc eh Pookie?
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 10:43 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
forgot to ask man, what are you guys doing in the short term??
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 11:55 AM   #10
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Let's fuck him up.
Old 07.14.2007, 12:00 PM   #11
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Going to court would have number of advantages; it would scare the employer, it should get your mother her money, and it will create very bad publicity for the store. Everyone in the neighbourhood will know what they're like, and with any luck they'll have the morals to steer clear of the place altogether.

It's much easier to conduct a smear campaign against someone when you have a court decision against them in your favour.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 12:03 PM   #12
hotbutterknives
bad moon rising

hotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asseshotbutterknives kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Yeah, it's pretty different in canada too. My bosses cannot deduct anything from my paycheque for any reason. One of my coworkers was drunk and put an ATV into a pond and the boss didn't deduct anything for the repairs

hahahahahah...your...friend...sounds,,,funny
hotbutterknives is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 12:10 PM   #13
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
Now my Mom's basically been crying for the last two days...

Those people are awful. Seeing or even hearing about someone crying makes me sad at the highest point
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2007, 06:08 PM   #14
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
With an incident such as this one, your mom is innocent till proven guilty. If I were her, I'd sue them for defamation of character. Are you calling me a thief?!?!
Stand firm.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2007, 02:42 PM   #15
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
holy shit man, so sorry, this fucking sucks...

she could quit, go to small claims court. these fuckers are clearly abusive, but even going to court wouldn't work in the short term.

what are you guys going to do?

reading up on this, if you get a lawyer you'd be entitled to damages and attorney's fees:

http://labor-employment-law.lawyers....-and-hour-law/

it can't be legal to do this shit... no way.
My mom's going to try and get up 250 to file a small claims.

I apreatiate everyone's sympathy to the highest degree. thanks for caring
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth