Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm pissed off at my neighbors
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.03.2007, 10:21 AM   #1
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
and why not vent here?

We had a nice ant's nest in front of the house. Red ants. Not harmful, mind you, but the quiet kind that drags dead bugs into the nest. We used to sit and watch them marching in & out of their portals into the underground. The also had exits into the neighbor's front yard.

One day the neighbor gets paranoid and puts a bunch of poison-- on his yard AND ours. Like he's doing us a favor. This feels like rape. Who asked you?

We go talk to him. We say we like ants. He sez they can kill children! There is an insurance liability! If someone dies on our yard we could get sued! We said ok we think about it.

Later that night we go & scoop the poison off your yard. We leave his part untouched. We feel only a little better, because we know the massacre is imminent. We can only sit and watch.

Two days later the red ants are dead. Black ants are coming from all over the neighborhood to eat the bait that the red ants left untouched. Now lizards, birds, and other animals are going to be eating the poision as well.

Fucking brilliant. The apex of human intelligence. I wanna fucking vomit because some people's stupidity knows no limits. No limits.

--

ps- I'm gonna go pick up that fucking dreck from his yard now. I figured, him putting it on my yard on the first place gives me a free pass.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 11:00 AM   #2
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Ew...Ants?

Maybe your ants are cool, but the ants in California are boring as shit.

I'm sorry about your ant loss though.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 12:10 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Ew...Ants?

Maybe your ants are cool, but the ants in California are boring as shit.

I'm sorry about your ant loss though.

ha ha. thank you.

yeah ants are cool.
Old 06.03.2007, 12:31 PM   #4
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
you should press charges.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 12:33 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
you should press charges.

ha ha. im afraid the jury would not side with the pleasures of urban wildlife.

he's a nice super-ancient man, pushing 90. it's just this mentality from the 50's that you have to spray everything that moves, that gets to my balls.
Old 06.03.2007, 04:49 PM   #6
musicfallinglikesnow
stalker

musicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry for your ants. At home we have such quantities that you could be having dinner and suddenly pop! an ant falls into your plate from the light in the ceiling. Not nice, but anyway I understand your feelings. I love snails for instance and my grandmother crushes them with her bare hands. Terrible. I think you're right it's an old mentality.

musicfallinglikesnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 07:11 PM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfallinglikesnow
Sorry for your ants. At home we have such quantities that you could be having dinner and suddenly pop! an ant falls into your plate from the light in the ceiling. Not nice, but anyway I understand your feelings. I love snails for instance and my grandmother crushes them with her bare hands. Terrible. I think you're right it's an old mentality.

yeah its like nature is your enemy. dont get me wrong, if your grandmother chose to eat the snails i get it, if she is worried about her cabbage plants i get it (you can spray hot peppers and keeps the things away), but killing them JUST because they exist? and then, with some ecosystem-polluting poison? ayayayay they should teach old people chemistry...

about squashing snails, it's a bit sadistic...
Old 06.03.2007, 07:20 PM   #8
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I accidentally stepped on a snail one the way to school. I felt terrible. They're so helpless.
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 07:26 PM   #9
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
A little while ago, the back side of my house was covered, peppered like a plague, with caterpillars and they kept trying to get inside. Due to the sheer numbers, some did manage to get in, and I found cocoons in in weird places all over the house which I then put outside. One particular large tree out back has huge cocoons, and I suppose the wind was blowing all these crawlies all over the back wall of the house. Anyway, for several days straight, I would go out there with a flyswatter and scoop them onto it, and then that turned into a dustpan, and I carried loadfuls back over to the tree. I would get most of them cleared off, and then the next day, more would all be back again somehow. Now, the crisis haha is over and there's lots of butterflies around.

As for ants, fuck 'em, especially if it means stirring up bullshit with a neighbor, but, of course, the neighbor should have checked with you first. Ants were around before humans and will be around after humans are gone; they are certainly in no danger of becoming extinct. A couple times a year, I'll notice a few ants getting in, and I'll spray all around the area outside with poison which puts an end to it. For the ones inside, I just wet a paper towel and collect them on that; obviously, I know better than to spray poison indoors. I also use Roundup to kill weeds growing through the stones on my back patio and around my walkway.
My tolerance for ants is fairly low, and I can't stand flies either. If one happens to sneak in, I'll use the flyswatter on it immediately. I get a good number of spiders and moths, and (at times) loads of crickets in my house and I just collect those (& other miscellaneous bugs) in a tissue, throw them outside, place the tissue in the toilet, and flush it later.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 07:28 PM   #10
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Have some patience. Sounds like if you wait about a week and a half, your neighbor will probably be dead anyway.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 07:47 PM   #11
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
At my work we have to break ant holes, but at least not by poisoning them.

The beef that I DO have is that we spray the greens with tonnes of chemicals, and they drip down and leak right into the ponds where there's fish and frogs living, and it wipes out everything. Then we end up having dead fish floating at the top, creating more work for us which would could have been prevented if people were more careful.
Old 06.03.2007, 08:25 PM   #12
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Take a stance! I think you have all right to be pissed off. I too get boggled as to why some people, alot of people, feel the need to kill everything/something if they don't like the way it looks or whatever - especially harmless things such as ants.
Old 06.03.2007, 08:40 PM   #13
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
There are worse things in this world to worry about.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.03.2007, 09:01 PM   #14
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Take a stance! I think you have all right to be pissed off. I too get boggled as to why some people, alot of people, feel the need to kill everything/something if they don't like the way it looks or whatever - especially harmless things such as ants.

i did-- i had a talk w/ the old man & his son-- being friendly & trying to unerstand of course-- they are spooked that an ant bite might fuck up his lymphatic system (yah right) & kill him or something. it's ok.

i told them to clear the shit off my yard, please ask next time etc. i'm also infiltrating their yard tonight & clearning the last remainder of poison because the red ants are gone & now half the insect neighborhood is showing up to partake of the spoils. basically, a little environmental disaster.

oh yeah, i had a lizard in my yard, i think she ate the ants, i wonder wtf is it gonna eat now. mutation in a can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
There are worse things in this world to worry about.

Toko: you are right, except that i am here & africa is there and as the old catholics used to say charity begins at home-- not that this is charity-- but. what am i supposed to do about those gorillas? wear a tshirt? (honestly im asking)

an F-16 liberating those gorillas, now that would be good use of the armed forces.

one thing that pisses me off that every retard in the world does NOT understand is that the fucking gene pool is OUR BIGGEST WEALTH. if we could better undrestand other species medicine, agriculture and the sciences ingeneral would take such a quantum leap... we'd learn to live better with the world rather than against it. but no, stupid, retarded, ignorant fucking yahoos with money are currently in charge.

i think i'm going to bring this to the city council-- an ordinance banning use of pesticides in city gardens. hm... there's an idea. i should talk to the coop also to instruct these surrounding yahoos in the mysteries of organic gardening, natural pest control, etc.

one thing i don't like is bitch about and then do nothing. those ants will be the the martyrs of my cause!

but no, seriously, im not fucking around.
Old 06.04.2007, 12:21 AM   #15
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
you guys are too indie, go listen to metallica and squish more bugs!!

Old 06.04.2007, 01:21 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALIEN ANAL
you guys are too indie, go listen to metallica and squish more bugs!!

sure, just give me your address, i'll come right over & squish you
Old 06.04.2007, 03:56 AM   #17
musicfallinglikesnow
stalker

musicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's assesmusicfallinglikesnow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
about squashing snails, it's a bit sadistic...

That's right, I'm not gonna discuss that...my grandmother's a tad strange. Sometimes I fear her. All I pray is I don't have her genes, which it seems I don't.

Anyway, you're right, charity begins at home. And charity (why not?) can be exercised with little bugs too. Here we salvage bichos bolita (do they exist there? what's their name?) and vaquitas de San Antonio (my favs, same here about their name) that get in the house all the time.

My cat is a spider hunter though and there's not much we can do about it. Anyway spiders give me the creeps. Sorry.

musicfallinglikesnow is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 09:15 AM   #18
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I could BE your neighbor!

ever since that fateful day as a child when a carpenter ant bit me on my tongue (don't ask how it got there), I've been waging a one-man crusade against them.

I will crush them, poison them and even run the garden hose for a full hour in hopes of causing an ant holocaust.

death to all chitinous life forms!!!!!

THIS IS AS SERIOUS AS I GET.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 09:19 AM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
SIDE NOTE: this totally reminds me of the time that I trapped and killed a mole (with a shovel). I was so proud of my work (the lil' bastard destroyed my yard) that I promptly took the body to my next-door neighbor for inspection.

she was horrified.

thanks to the shame and guilt that she heaped on me, I now release the diabolic rodents at the park.

fuck I hate moles though (even more than ants).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 09:30 AM   #20
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
this reminds me of the time my dad put a bunch of little praying mantises (manti?) in our back yard when I was seven years old to stem the tide of bugs munchin on our tomatoes

it was so utterly awesome
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth