Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page recipes (i know... i know...)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2009, 04:41 PM   #21
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
pumpkin and pea risotto is easy

i make a lot of pig based dishes so you probably dont want to know how to make them.

roast vegies you could make - vegetables, oil, garlic, rosemary, oven, done.
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:52 PM   #22
sarramkrop

Stuffed Aubergines

Get some, depending on how many people you're serving.

Cut the aubergines in two halves and extract the content, making sure that the remaining skin is left in the shape of a cup.

Get some bread crumbs, paste the contents with them, and add little pieces of garlic+herbs of your choice.

Pre-heat the oven for about 20 minutes. and put some tin-foil on an oven-tray.

Once all the aubergines are cut in halves, and stuffed with the paste, place them on the tray and bake for about 1 and 1/2 hour.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:52 PM   #23
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Yes - risotto - food of the Gods, and easy.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 04:58 PM   #24
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Fucking easy pasta sauce:

gently fry two cloves of crushed garlic and one chopped chilli (without seeds, unless you like with - and you know all the commonsense rules about handling chillis, yeah? The ones like don't rub your hands with chilli and then give the one you love a handjob) for a couple of minutes. Add one can chopped tomatoes, turn up the heat a little, leave bubbling away for ten or fifteen minutes to get rid of most of the liquid. Add half a pint of double cream. Pour over cooked pasta. Eat. Rub tummy and say "mmmmm".
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:12 PM   #25
sarramkrop

Mashed Orange Lentils Cream

Get a pack of orange lentils, of the variety that can be instantly cooked.

Wash the lentils carefully and drain them.

Boil them for about 1/2 hour-45 minutes, making sure that they don't mash themselves too much.

Add stock-cube of your choice, onions chopped finely, herbs, and some salt.

Once they're cooked, drain them and place into a plastic container.

Mash with a little butter, not too much, and refrigerate.

Serve.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:21 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
what are the easy things you make for dinner each week? something not horribly bad for you, but nothing terribly complicated. i'm burned out on our dinner ideas.

savage clone... hush. i don't like wheat germ.

Hi, girlgun. I've really missed you around here. floatingsluggishly is a poor substitute.

I like to make fish once in a while. Talapia, perch, and salmon steaks or filets.

Talapia's my favorite. I make it one of two simple ways, both a kind of pan frying. If I'm feeling particularly industrious, I will lightly bread the talapia in just a little flour (mixed with a little salt and pepper). To do this, I first dip the talapia in some half-and-half to help make the flour stick. Again, though, just very lightly. Just a dusting of flour. I then just fry the talapia in a little butter in a frying pan. Total time is maybe 30 minutes.

Another way is to skip the breading and just pan fry with butter.

I think salmon steaks taste better, but you have to worry about the tiny bones. The salmon filets are safer. I cook the salmon in the oven at about 350 covered in just a little butter and liberally doused with parsley.

If I have access to a grill, salmon steaks are great cooked over charcoal.

Fish is healthy for you, and it's simple to make.
Old 05.14.2009, 05:24 PM   #27
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
egg fried rice is always a good one and its good with a few vegetables and some black bean sauce too. good for getting rid of leftovers as well.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:26 PM   #28
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Here's a filling, refreshing, and easy to make salad:

You'll need:

can of black beans
bunch of green onions
cilantro
red pepper
monteray jack cheese
a sauce made of italian dressing, salsa, and lime juice
tortilla chips

Chop up the onions (up most of the green stalk), red pepper, and cilantro leaves and mix together. Add the can of black beans (drain the juice first). Throw in the sauce (about 1/4 cup italian dressing, couple of teaspoons salsa, and a teaspoon of lime juice (or squeeze a whole lime) ), then grate the chees and add that. Mix it all up.

Eat like a dip with the chips.

The beauty of this recipe is you can easily adjust to your preferences. Want more black beans? Add another can. Etc. There's no way to mess this one up. It always tastes great.
Old 05.14.2009, 05:29 PM   #29
Пятхъдесят Шест
invito al cielo

Пятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's assesПятхъдесят Шест kicks all y'all's asses

COCA COLA POT ROAST
6 carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths
12 new potatoes, unpeeled
3 white onions
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms
5-6 lb. boneless beef roast
1 (10 oz.) can consomme
1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
8 oz. Coca Cola
Salt and pepper
Soy sauce
Seasoning salt

Lightly precook potatoes and carrots in saucepan. Add salt, pepper, seasoning salt and soy sauce to roast, rubbing into meat. Place roast in pot. Drain carrots and potatoes and put in pot. Add onions, quartered and whole mushrooms. Add Coca Cola, consomme, cream of mushroom soup and dry onion soup mix. Cover and place in 325 degree oven for 3 hours.

You know, not really, but why?
Пятхъдесят Шест is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:31 PM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Here's a filling, refreshing, and easy to make salad:

You'll need:

can of black beans
bunch of green onions
cilantro
red pepper
monteray jack cheese
a sauce made of italian dressing, salsa, and lime juice
tortilla chips

Chop up the onions (up most of the green stalk), red pepper, and cilantro leaves and mix together. Add the can of black beans (drain the juice first). Throw in the sauce (about 1/4 cup italian dressing, couple of teaspoons salsa, and a teaspoon of lime juice (or squeeze a whole lime) ), then grate the chees and add that. Mix it all up.

Eat like a dip with the chips.

The beauty of this recipe is you can easily adjust to your preferences. Want more black beans? Add another can. Etc. There's no way to mess this one up. It always tastes great.

Have you got any other good recipes for black beans? I have about 4 cans in the kitchen cupboard, and I don't know what to do with them. Do they make a good ingredient for salads?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:33 PM   #31
gmku
invito al cielo

Sort of a Mexican dip:

Saute some red onions (diced), throw in some lean ground turkey and brown, add a can of refried beans with a little water and about 1/2 a pkg of taco seasoning (or your own choice of Mexican seasoning, or even without), add some chopped chilis. Top with a layer of grated cheddar cheese. Sprinkle this with some salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.
Old 05.14.2009, 05:35 PM   #32
gmku
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Have you got any other good recipes for black beans? I have about 4 cans in the kitchen cupboard, and I don't know what to do with them. Do they make a good ingredient for salads?

Not really. I've always had a mind to make a black bean soup, though. I think all I'd do for that is pour the black beans into a pot, add some vegetable stock, let it simmer for a few minutes, then sprinkle with some chopped green onions and white cheese.

Extreme flatulence may result, however.
Old 05.14.2009, 05:36 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ujse them in the recipe I posted yum
Old 05.14.2009, 05:37 PM   #34
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
ibut i do make a ton of beans.. 'cause "i don't like meat"

good thing flotzers is a robot.

--

for the summer i like cold dishes. i avoid roasts & stews & wintery foods. so i'm eating a lot of:

tuna salad (ok not a lot cuz the mercury)
salmon salad (like tuna, but with canned pink salmon, no mercury)
chicken salad (roast the brusten en masse, store for future use, mix as needed)
egg salad / pre-hardboiled eggs (after the chicken, the egg)
shrimp salad (defrost precooked shrimp - use)
shrimp-stuffed avocados
hummus
cold fritattas (whip a dozen eggs, put anything you want, from spinach to sardines, from goat cheese to ham chunks, from red peppers to sweet potatos, whatever you like, bake like a cake, cut portions, keep in the fridge, eat with olive oil and a salad)
tomato + red onion salad (add vinegar, salt, oil-- wait 20 minutes-- eat with bread)
tabouleh
vegs herbs & plants like lettuces (no iceberg), tomatos, celery, cucumbers, parsley, green onions, avocados, etc-- which need no cooking
grilled anything (i don't like much red meat in summer, i don't know why, but anything grillable is good and easy, from to buffalo to eggplants)
cold soups like gazpacho or vichysoisse
and cold corn soup you can buy in a box (yummy)

the other thing is that in summer i only have usually 1 real meal (a late lunch) and i don't really have dinner, only snacks & drinks. this simplifies life a lot.

for snacks: olives, cheeses, almonds, spicy tortilla chips

for drinks: white & rosé wines, non-dark mexican beers, scotch & soda, campari & soda, sangría, salty dogs.

happy summer.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:38 PM   #35
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
my wife always puts bits of fruit in salads like strawberries and mango and thats nice, especially with a little goats cheese and even more especially if that goats cheese is warm. mmmm with four m's.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:41 PM   #36
gmku
invito al cielo

Get some wraps. Almost anything tastes good in a wrap. Leftovers, eggs, deli meat. You can add whatever--lettuce, tomatos, other veggies. My favorites are spinach and sun tomato wraps.
Old 05.14.2009, 05:43 PM   #37
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
a quick and easy salad:

rocquet salad
fresh mozarella cheese
one ripe avocado
almonds
cauliflower
olive oil, balsamico vinegar, salt

roast the almonds, cut the mozarella in small blocks, peel the avocado and cut it into pieces, wash the cauliflower and take it apart, throw everything together with the rocquet in a salad bowl, add oil, vinegar and salt according to your own taste.

easy and quick bean salad:

fresh green beans
an onion
a tin of red beans
a red sweet pepper

cut the onion and pepper, throw everything in one pan with some olive oil, add a bit of vinegar and fry for about ten minutes maximum. delicious both warm and cold, and again, a full healthy meal.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:47 PM   #38
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Toast.

1) Purchase a toaster and some bread.
2) Put a piece of bread into the toaster.
3) Select the darkness of toast you wish to have.
4) When the toast is done, put some things on top of your bread.
5) Enjoy!
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:47 PM   #39
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh wow, that was lame. hah
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:47 PM   #40
gmku
invito al cielo

Hungry.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth