Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Last Album You Bought?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.21.2009, 08:23 PM   #4961
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Plus Wayne is on every song but one.

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.21.2009, 08:36 PM   #4962
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
word. I planned to grab it today, but was too busy with xmas errands after work. I'll have it sometime this week.
Old 12.22.2009, 05:21 PM   #4963
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
LP:

Einstürzende Neubauten - 1/2 Mensch
Gong - Camembert Electrique
Lou Reed - New York
The Velvet Underground - Singles 1966-69

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2009, 06:52 PM   #4964
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Received my three Fonal CDs:

ES - A Love Cycle

Kemialliset Ystävät - Kellari Juniversumi

Tomutonttu - Tomutonttu
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2009, 07:52 PM   #4965
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge

is this... even a little good? I want to like recent KRS albums big time. But yeah, him landing on Duck Down is a pretty good idea. They have the whole D&D Studios connection from the mid-90's, so... and DD has Sean Price who has turned into a super secret amazing weapon since his days in Heltah Skeltah.
Old 12.22.2009, 09:26 PM   #4966
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Just ordered from Honest Jon's the 4 Men With Beards Deluxe Vinyl Reissue Wallet Breaking Mega Versions of:

John Fahey - America (2LP)

i've passed the 4MWB reissue of this so many times in the record store, but i'm really iffy with them in general. the only album i've heard done by them and liked is "metal box" and supposedly lydon oversaw that one. i've heard about four other albums done by them and they've all had terrible loudness issues. i couldn't set the volume knob past 3 o-clock without experiencing distortion.

do let me know how this sounds, though.

Old 12.22.2009, 09:45 PM   #4967
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
is this... even a little good? I want to like recent KRS albums big time. But yeah, him landing on Duck Down is a pretty good idea. They have the whole D&D Studios connection from the mid-90's, so... and DD has Sean Price who has turned into a super secret amazing weapon since his days in Heltah Skeltah.

it's produced by ill mind,havoc,black milk,marco polo,moss,dj mentplus,nottz,khrysis,coptic,9th wonder

and there's guests on almost every track; dj revolution,mary j blige,rock,talib kweli,smif n wessun,immortal technique,k'naan,pharoahe monch,sean price,bounty killer,slug,naledge.

basically if you close yr eyes you'll be able to predict exactly what it sounds like, but for what it's worth all the guests sound really excited to work with krs-one,and they are on almost every track so that helps alot

look for "runnin away",and "think of all the things" on youtube i thought they were the best tracks
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.22.2009, 10:23 PM   #4968
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I would say that havoc, khrysis, pharoahe, sean price & slug is a pretty good argument.
Old 12.22.2009, 10:41 PM   #4969
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
slug is good on it, it's a bizarre combo and one of the things that made me curious,and it was cheap as hell at walmart, like it's generic duck down post 2004 or whatever sound, so no surprises but everyone involved in the project is dope so there's nothing really shitty to complain about or anything
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:12 AM   #4970
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I agree that DD has a generic sound ever since their re-emergence, EXCEPT in the case of Sean Price. In the 90's I would have said that Rock was my favorite in Heltah Skeltah, but Sean P made a serious COMEBACK that was like woah.
Old 12.23.2009, 08:03 PM   #4971
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
i've passed the 4MWB reissue of this so many times in the record store, but i'm really iffy with them in general. the only album i've heard done by them and liked is "metal box" and supposedly lydon oversaw that one. i've heard about four other albums done by them and they've all had terrible loudness issues. i couldn't set the volume knob past 3 o-clock without experiencing distortion.

Really? Because I have a few from them and they all seem quality. The Tim Buckley 'Happy Sad' especially is really nice. The Velvets I have from them ('VU' and 'Another View') were good too.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.23.2009, 08:18 PM   #4972
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

It might have been that I didn't have such a great setup back when I bought them, but I've heard other people complain about the same thing too. It might only be a few of their albums, though. I've had VU&Nico (alright), Maggot Brain (alright), Chairs Missing (terrible), 154 (pretty terrible), Starsailor (alright), and Scott 4 (terrible.) I wouldn't doubt that some of them are good. Like I said, I have Metal Box and it's one of the better sounding LPs I own. I'm just very skeptical since I can't return LPs if I don't like the sound.

They do put out a lot of quality albums, I must say.

Old 12.23.2009, 08:34 PM   #4973
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
At often stupid prices though.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
Old 12.25.2009, 07:54 AM   #4974
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep

Well I'm only up to Amazing Grace, but I'm absolutely blasting it and the sound is pretty damn crystal so far The best I've ever heard Fahey. Oh god this such a fantastic record! So yeah, barring loudness issues mysteriously cropping up later on in the record (I'll get back to you about that), I recommend it. Also, the packaging is completely beautiful. Thick card and a full reproduction of all Fahey's art, including the art book insert he drew for it. Beautiful.
Old 12.25.2009, 08:03 AM   #4975
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

sweet! sounds like it's worth the price with all the reproductions. i'm definitely getting it over the weekend. hopefully they'll do more fahey records soon. other than this one, i only ever find his first christmas album in shops.

Old 12.25.2009, 08:41 AM   #4976
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

^You should. I've listened to the whole first LP now, and it is GOLD! As a little side note though, I would temper that by saying that I know sweet fuck all about audio, so take my enthusiasm as wholly uninformed.

Oh also, got this for Christmas:

Amazing! It's Schlippenbach and a handful of other modern avant jazz greats doing a 3+ hour concert where they beast through the entire Monk songbook like total madmen, just like BAM BAM BAM through each tune in these really unusual arrangements. It's fantastic, but pretty deranged after a while.

Edit: Oh, and can I point out that, on the evidence of the above gift, my mum is likely much cooler that yours.
Old 12.25.2009, 03:47 PM   #4977
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses

wooo metal.
Old 12.26.2009, 03:28 PM   #4978
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
just bought three new cds:

Broadcast & The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults Of The Radio Age

Animal Collective - Fall Be Kind

Hudson Mohawke - Butter
(gotta love this artwork )
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2009, 10:22 PM   #4979
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka

Boredoms - Pop Tatari

Malice Mizer - Memoire
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.29.2009, 09:40 AM   #4980
a-p a. niemi
the destroyed room

a-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's assesa-p a. niemi kicks all y'all's asses

Boris: Flood

V/A: Gothenburg 84

The Del-Byzanteens: Lies to Live By

And I just ordered the Mats Gustafsson 3x7" duo box set from iDEAL (http://matsgus.com/archives/773)
199239246247248 249 250251252259299349 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth