Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page melt banana
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.30.2009, 01:32 PM   #21
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
If anyone wants a pristine, unplayed copy of the 1997 split vinyl 5-inch they did with Xerobot, PM for details. I have the last copies of this release straight from Coat Tail records, and this was limited to 1000 copies when it was released twelve years ago.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 12:22 AM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
xerobot, now there's a name I haven't heard in forever.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 07:42 AM   #23
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
they're probably my favourite live band ever but i hardly listen to their records because i don't think their energy is really captured in recordings at all, at least not the ones i've heard.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 04:00 PM   #24
Kylerobert
bad moon rising

Kylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's assesKylerobert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I distinctly remember it being on tons of "top 100" lists and all that nonsense. Also, shortly after it came out, they toured with Tool and they did the theme song for Perfect Hair Forever. They grew much larger in success afterwards.
Yeah, I have to agree with ya there. I remember one track specifically on Bambi's... I think it was called Crack Plaster Cast(?)... I thought it was quite 'poppy' (i say that pretty loosely) for them.
Kylerobert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 08:47 PM   #25
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
listened to "squeak queak creak" today, still sounded ok. but just for sure not where i'm at musically anymore. they're music is too tight, needs more breathing room, like king crimson who wre tight as fuck but still had room for thier guitars to swirl and thier drums to switch up, etc..

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 04:58 AM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
new melt banana ep:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zl0f5i

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 06:36 AM   #27
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
never saw they live and that's fucking sad
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 09:57 AM   #28
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
I was lucky enough to see them twice live in Tokyo. Both times were amazing, but I discovered what they mean about being unable to tour Japan...

For one, they were about third tier of both bills. A few gaijins like myself were super excited to see them, but the Japanese people didn't react much at all. At one show everyone went batshit, but that was just because everyone was drunk (later in the festival day). People were happy to see me so happy, though.

The other time, no one reacted at all. Totally stood still silently. Same thing for DMBQ (which seems impossible). Then they reacted to some twee guitar J-Rock that sucked.

Don't think Japan has an awesome subculture just because of all the cool shit that makes it to the States. It's clearly much more difficult for a prize band like Melt Banana to make it in Japan than it would be if they lived in NYC or something.

Oddly, though, the show that I stood still was about the best I've seen from them. Might have simply been that I was actually watching rather than going weird.
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2009, 01:21 PM   #29
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
I was lucky enough to see them twice live in Tokyo. Both times were amazing, but I discovered what they mean about being unable to tour Japan...

For one, they were about third tier of both bills. A few gaijins like myself were super excited to see them, but the Japanese people didn't react much at all. At one show everyone went batshit, but that was just because everyone was drunk (later in the festival day). People were happy to see me so happy, though.

The other time, no one reacted at all. Totally stood still silently. Same thing for DMBQ (which seems impossible). Then they reacted to some twee guitar J-Rock that sucked.

Don't think Japan has an awesome subculture just because of all the cool shit that makes it to the States. It's clearly much more difficult for a prize band like Melt Banana to make it in Japan than it would be if they lived in NYC or something.

Oddly, though, the show that I stood still was about the best I've seen from them. Might have simply been that I was actually watching rather than going weird.

yeah, i saw them 3 times in tokyo and it was never as good as when i've seen them in london. when i saw them in tokyo there was one crazy japanese dude who was at each show and determined to mosh but otherwise it was all just people standing still. I think the band tend to get more into it when they play abroad though as the crowd give them a much stronger reaction.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.05.2009, 09:48 AM   #30
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck yeah. They're gonna be in chicago Nov. 30.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2009, 09:32 PM   #31
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
anyone hear this melt banana lite business?

http://www.amazon.com/Melt-Banana-Li.../dp/B002PJ8A9C

doesn't sound too lite, haha...

it should probably be called 'melt banana laser' instead
Old 11.30.2009, 07:22 PM   #32
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Gonna go see 'em tonight!
Old 11.30.2009, 07:48 PM   #33
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
saw them last week. they were fucking incredible. have fun, dude!

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2009, 02:20 AM   #34
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Just got back.....and yes.

I'm fuckin' deaf. The show was....amazing.
Old 12.01.2009, 02:21 AM   #35
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Got pics. I'll post 'em later\z
Old 12.01.2009, 04:46 AM   #36
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman of the bored
anyone hear this melt banana lite business?

http://www.amazon.com/Melt-Banana-Li.../dp/B002PJ8A9C

doesn't sound too lite, haha...

it should probably be called 'melt banana laser' instead

Just got that but haven't had a chance to listen yet. I'm intrigued by the idea of synths though.
Old 12.01.2009, 05:33 PM   #37
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
argh amazing live band.i saw them by absolute chance last year in brighton and it was honestly one of the BEST live shows i have ever seen. their records definitely don't do them justice.

can't wait to see them again...
Old 12.01.2009, 05:54 PM   #38
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i'm not sure if i can listen to their records sitting on my ass/exercising/dancing my ass off at home ever again. if there ever were a mandatory live band, melt-banana would be it.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.04.2009, 12:33 AM   #39
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
So true, I'm pretty bummed I didn't even know they were in town here the other night.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.18.2010, 10:07 PM   #40
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Melt Banana at Colchester Arts Centre on Sunday, I dont think ive ever been moved like that watching a band before, it was like being 17 again only without the badness. They were earth shattering.

it was odd because it was a Sunday night and the Arts centre is a converted church, with no barriers or nothing. And the best thing about seeing them in such a provincial setting on a Sunday is all the curious locals showed up, and you could tell that noone went out for a piss or a fag at any stage of the performance. I think its the best gig ive ever seen, and it finished at 9.45.
amazing

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth