Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What do you hate about your side town?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.21.2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
I live in Lexington Ky & the thing I hate most is when I go to downtown or a local bar & some pop collar fraty wants to start some shit but wont back it up. I just want to have a few drinks & a good time but it seem like some asshole has to ruin it. I was hanging out with my friend grabbing a slice of pizza & some burly rednecks have to start some shit with my friend. alll I want to do is eat some pizza @ 3 in the morning but I gets no peace. I just decided to avoid going to downtown more than once a week & avoiding all the bull. Another thing I hate is The Lame(Dame) local music club that sucks & charges $5.00 dollars a NewCastle I can get a pint for 2 bucks the shit is redicuolos but that is what I about my side of town!!!

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 02:49 PM   #2
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
What I hate about my side of town, is that it is very Dull, but that is why I go to L.A. I really can't say I hate anything here, but it gets boring.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 02:50 PM   #3
k-krack
invito al cielo

k-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's assesk-krack kicks all y'all's asses
Vic, go to LA for this!

http://www.soundnet.org/sound/2007/july.shtm

My part of town is all old people or fucking drug dealers/abusers and shit like that.
Then downtown is a fucking hole, horrible people (drunk/otherwise intoxicated native folks; white kids that think
they livin' tha thug life; other kids that think they livin' tha thug life; asshole security guards (at the shitty mall) that think every teenager is a lawless, uncaring little prick (when the only cunts around are these power-abusing wannabe-cops)...
Fuck this city.

Danny is a C.H.U.D.
k-krack is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 02:54 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I like where I live. IN YOUR COLLECTIVE FACES.

[Note to self - create better collective noun for faces]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 02:57 PM   #5
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
i hate the baseball field in my side of town its right across the street from me. all theese dumbfuck little legue coaches throw there gatoraid bottles and shit on the ground and then the wind blows it all into my yard. I get back at them though. at night i go do fireworks and in the field and i can shoot the lights out from my bedroom window
Old 07.21.2007, 03:24 PM   #6
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
One more thing is the drivers need to fucking respect bike lanes so cyclists can ride on the roads & not sidewalks. You have these ignorant fucks who also shout @ you while you ride & can cause to get in a pretty bad accident. It also kills me that their isn't enough bike lanes in town. The city has a yellow bike program that you pay 10 dollar & that enables you to use any yellow bike in town which is cool but the bikes aren't yours so, if you park a bike their is a good chance that 10 minutes later it wont be there & some has riden of with it. I guess the bike program is a good thing aside from that most if this town is lousy. I try & make the best of it though, All I can be grateful for is that some good shows have been coming to town lately.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Old 07.21.2007, 05:20 PM   #7
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I've lived in East London all my life and get a bit dismayed when people who've moved here relatively recently explain it to me. This part of the city is now just a kind of terminus within which people can re-invent themselves. You walk around parts of Bethnal Green, Shoreditch, Old Street, and it's as though you're auditioning for somekind of lifestyle tv show.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 06:03 PM   #8
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
i dislike how so many people know who i am on this island (it's a small, inward-looking place with nosey people). can't wait to move out to some sort of urban monstrosity where i can feel anonymous.
Old 07.21.2007, 06:04 PM   #9
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
South Liverpool is generally regarded as the 'good side of town'. Mostly because North Liverpool areas like Anfield, Everton, Kensington, and so forth, are well known for their high crime rates and below-the-poverty-linedness. Though, South Liverpool isn't much better. Crime is cut by about half, which is still too much for comfort, and people here have jobs. Thats about the only difference.

I hate the fact that I live in this shithole and wasn't born on a farm in California or something. I could've been a folk singer.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 06:05 PM   #10
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
i dislike how so many people know who i am on this island (it's a small, inward-looking place with nosey people). can't wait to move out to some sort of urban monstrosity where i can feel anonymous.

I feel you, I can't wait to move somewhere as well, this place is boring.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 06:56 PM   #11
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Youth
I live in Lexington Ky & the thing I hate most is when I go to downtown or a local bar & some pop collar fraty wants to start some shit but wont back it up. I just want to have a few drinks & a good time but it seem like some asshole has to ruin it. I was hanging out with my friend grabbing a slice of pizza & some burly rednecks have to start some shit with my friend. alll I want to do is eat some pizza @ 3 in the morning but I gets no peace. I just decided to avoid going to downtown more than once a week & avoiding all the bull. Another thing I hate is The Lame(Dame) local music club that sucks & charges $5.00 dollars a NewCastle I can get a pint for 2 bucks the shit is redicuolos but that is what I about my side of town!!!

Good lord, I thought you would be in heaven after living in Berea

The Dame has gone way downhill. It used to be decent, but now it consists of a bunch of alt-country bands with the occasional good show.

And what is the yellow bike thing you are talking about? That must be new...
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 10:03 PM   #12
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
i live in a small town in Idaho where there is never anything to do aside from buying records and going swimming. my "side of town" is a development on the north end with no trees. NO TREES. THERE IS A GODDAMNED NATIONAL FOREST HALF A MILE AWAY AND I DON'T GET ANY FUCKING TREES.

i hate this place.
Old 07.21.2007, 10:26 PM   #13
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Surrounded by mini-malls and car dealership lots sucks.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2007, 10:43 PM   #14
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
it's a big subdivision with mini subdivisions with bad names.
Old 07.21.2007, 11:10 PM   #15
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
i wish I was closer to the center of the city. I have to walk a mile and a half to get any where.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2007, 12:03 AM   #16
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
My part of town has a bad name for it, but I like it. I thought the same thing too before I moved here. Only a few minutes from the ocean too. Walking distance to everything is a really nice thing.
Old 07.22.2007, 12:52 AM   #17
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
I more love my part of Portland than hate it by far. It's highly mixed race, which overall I prefer.

However, when a kid got shot at by some other kids right in front of my house, and there was a bullet hole in the street for a couple weeks, that wasn't cool. Also the amount of lame artless tagging that goes down on people's fences and garages really sucks. We have a chain link fence and don't dare ever consider replacing it with a wood one.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2007, 12:04 PM   #18
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Good lord, I thought you would be in heaven after living in Berea

The Dame has gone way downhill. It used to be decent, but now it consists of a bunch of alt-country bands with the occasional good show.

And what is the yellow bike thing you are talking about? That must be new...
Granted it is better than Berea but I have to find something to bitch & complain about (hahaha). Regardless some pop collar fraty was talking some smack last night & almost got bruised on his 21st. All I said was someones getting kicked out the Dame & buddy starts talking shit to me I guess that's what I get for opening my big mouth. As for the yellow bike program it was made so that it would encourage people to ride as opposed to driving around downtown or within the vicinity. All you do is pay 10 bucks & you get a key to a lock & if you see a yellow bike you can ride it around town. Lets see if it works & people don't start ebaying them.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Old 07.22.2007, 12:30 PM   #19
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
my side of town isn't so bad, far far far far far better than any other sides of town, i live in the posh bit. There are a few too many chavs here because of the college but other than that its pretty okay. Lots of massive scary and interesting parks etc etc.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2007, 12:48 PM   #20
farmhouse
bad moon rising

farmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's assesfarmhouse kicks all y'all's asses
i live on a farm.
pigs and cows and what not.

no towns here.
farmhouse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth