Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.30.2007, 01:19 PM   #521
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Elektronika Demonika

Sir Richard Bishop - Elektronika Demonika

There is no guitar on this album. Limited to 666 vinyl copies released on 6/6/06, SRB's sonic manipulations. A trip into darkness and melancholy. Sir Bishop, formerly of The Sun City Girls, has been gaining quite a bit of acclaim as of late in the 'Freak Folk" scene (I despise that label so freaking much), and while this is nice for him, I must admit it can leave me a little nonplussed, but, seeing him perform solo versions of Horsecock Pfephner to bewildered groups of hipsters will never get old. Now if He'll only come up with an arrangement of "Highway Star" or "Space Truckin'" Click the smoker for his web-site!

Rest In Peace - Charles Gaucher Jr.

Nice album!
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 01:28 PM   #522
sarramkrop

NICOLE 12 - "Braces" 7 Inch

Sicko power electronics helmed by Finland's (seemingly very busy) Mikko Aspa, who also is a member of (or sole creative force) black metal project Clandestine Blaze, noise terrorists Grunt and sludgefeasters Fleshpress (among maaaaaaany others). To the easily offended, much like Sotos-era Whitehouse, there's a pedo-theme happenin' (Nicole 12, yunno?) so d/l at yer own risk.

Link in comments
Labels: Noise, Power Electronics
3:21 PM2 Comments
http://spendingloudnight.blogspot.co...2_archive.html

SAINT VITUS - First Album Demo

I've actually grown to enjoy this here demo more'n the actual SST LP. Dunno about you, but I always thought the majority of Vitus stuff sounded flatter'n Paris Hilton's chest. There's some genuine fire here, however, and for doom metal fans, this is ESSENTIAL.

Link in comments

Labels: Demo, Metal
3:13 PM2 Comments

http://spendingloudnight.blogspot.co...2_archive.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 01:40 PM   #523
sarramkrop

The Gerogerigegege x 2

RECOLLECTIONS OF PRIMARY MASTURBATION
This CD contains:
- Kitanomaru Hyakkei 7" EP
- Senzuri Champion LP
- Senzuri Monkey Metal Action 7" EP
- More Shit 7" EP
- Tokyo Anal Dynamite CD
= 338 Songs!!

Welcome to the world of Juntaro Yamanouchi, the gay, cross-dressing noisemonger behind Shinjuku, Tokyo's Gerogerigegege. The Gero first raised its ugly mug in 1985 with the "Studio & Live" LP, and have ever since released a huge catalog of noise, ambient and uncategorizable works-- many of which are high on the record collector scum want-list, and go for ludicrous amounts of money. Then again, how many bands consider masturbation an instrument (courtesy of Gero 56 aka Tetsuya Endoh)? Maybe they're justified with their obsession in this case (?).

My fave has always been "Tokyo Anal Dynamite" (included here in full), which contains 75 (!) tracks, all of which are short blasts of noise (under a minute) punctuated by Juntaro's nod to the Ramones by screaming "1-2-3-4!!" between each "song". You'll be laughing yer ass off by about the 20th time he does it. Er... I do anyway.

Even though it is included on "Recollections", I've also put up 1987's masterwork "Senzuri Chamion" as a seperate d/l for the benefit of noobies to the Gero, or for those who might want it separately.

Link in comments.
Labels: Compilation, Japan, Noise
3:30 AM4 Comments

http://spendingloudnight.blogspot.co...9_archive.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 01:47 PM   #524
sarramkrop

BORN BAD x 3
It never ceases to amaze me just how many undiscovered musical treasures lurk in the twilighted netherworlds of private pressings/impossibly small labels from the past. Chances are, without the Cramps, I'da never given a shit. I doubt I'd own hundreds of garage rock and rockabilly albums without their scholarly guidance. As it is, I can't imagine a world without the Sonics, Hasil Adkins, Charlie Feathers, The Wailers, The Standells, Lee Hazelwood... the Green Fuzz for Kee-rist's sake! How boring...

Thankfully, some friendly Aussie bootleggers saw fit to compile the many inspirations of, and ditties covered by Lux & Ivy (how is she still so damn hot??!). They did it well too, putting together collections that will have you scouring used records stores for the originals (good fucking luck).

Without further ado:

Tracks:
DEAN CARTER - JAILHOUSE ROCK.
LEE DRESSER AND THE KRAZY KATS - BEAT OUT MY LOVE.
VENTURES - THE FOURTH DIMEMSION.
JJ JACKSON AND THE JACKAELS - O0-MA-LIDDI.
THE SONICS - HE'S WAITIN'.
THE WAILERS - DIRTY ROBBER.
CAROL CONNORS AND THE CYCLES - YUM YUM YAMAHA.
FLOWER CHILDREN - MINI-SKIRT BLUES.
THE SPARKLES - HIPSVILLE 29BC.
JIM LOWE - GREEN DOOR.
MEL SMITH AND THE NIGHT RIDERS - PRETTY PLAID SKIRT.
THE RUNABOUTS - WHEN I GET THE BLUES.
TOMMY JIM BEAM AND THE FOUR FIFTHS - GOLDEN BOY.
R LEWIS BAND - GET OFF THE ROAD.

Here.

The rest are on here: http://spendingloudnight.blogspot.co...6_archive.html

VARIOUS - Für Ilse Koch

Leave it to Whitehouse's William Bennett to assemble a tribute to Ilse Koch, wife of Karl Koch, SS chief commander of Nazi concentration camp Buchenwald. Despite the contrived attempt to shock (no one still buys that neo-fascist bullshit they used to spew, do they?), this is an amazing compilation of electronic/industrial/outsider music before the aforementioned terms meant Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails.

Apparently this fetches big $$$ on ebay these days.

Released in 1982.

Tracklist:

1. Imperial Japan - Under The Victory Banner
2. Musique Concret - Exit
3. Come - Come Sunday 2
4. Aleister Crowley - Nature Of The Beast
5. Nurse With Wound - Fashioned To A Device Behind A Tree
6. Consumer Electronics - Lebensraum
7. Leibstandarte SS - Plutoniumetrio
8. Charles Manson - Cease To Exist (Come Version)
9. Etat Brut - Necro
10. Viking DDV - Nordik Perversion
11. Whitehouse - Mind Phaser
12. Whitehouse - Anal American
13. Heinrich Himmler - Europe Lives

New Link-->Here.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.30.2007, 05:20 PM   #525
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Peter Laughner - Take The Guitar Player For A Ride (Tim/Kerr)

Tracks
1 Baudelaire 6:18
2 Rock It Down 2:36
3 Sylvia Plath 3:40
4 In the Bar 3:56
5 Cinderella Backstreet 6:08
6 Only Love Can Break Your Heart 2:59
7 Lullaby 2:37
8 Amphetamine 8:37
9 Life Stinks 2:57
10 Don't Take Your Love Away 6:31
11 Calvary Cross 8:30
12 Ain't It Fun 6:03
13 Dear Richard 5:51
14 Baby's on Fire 5:32
15 Me and the Devil Blues 2:59

Peter Laughner (August 22, 1952 – June 22, 1977) was an American guitarist, songwriter and singer.

A native of Cleveland, Ohio, Laughner remains a rather little known figure; nonetheless, Richie Unterberger described him as "probably the single biggest catalyst in the birth of Cleveland's alternative rock scene in the mid-'70s."

He led a variety of groups (including Mr. Charlie, Cinderella Backstreet, Peter & The Wolves, The Blue Drivers and Friction) but his most enduring contributions were to Rocket From The Tombs and the early work of Pere Ubu. In addition to all this, he wrote for Creem magazine.

Laughner was a voracious rock fan and writer, and was heavily influenced by Lester Bangs's writings. Like Bangs, Laughner worshipped Lou Reed, but also drew inspiration from folk and blues figures such as Robert Johnson and Woody Guthrie. He was a unique, visceral lead guitarist, influenced by Richard Thompson, and was briefly considered as a replacement for Richard Lloyd in Television, a band whom he championed from their earliest days.

Laughner had severe drug and alcohol abuse problems that led to his death by acute pancreatitis in 1977 at the age of 24. Rumors to the effect that Laughner was despondent, even suicidal, at the time of his death have been contradicted by Laughner's last known message, written and mailed to Cleveland singer Ruby Port on the evening prior to his death. This letter revealed his intent to move to a retreat in the Ohio countryside, where he could write new music as well as rest and regain his health. Bangs wrote a eulogy for him. Laughner's only known entrance into a recording studio was for the Pere Ubu single sessions, though he left behind countless lo-fi live, rehearsal, and demo recordings. In 1994, Tim/Kerr label released Take the Guitar Player for a Ride, a 15 track compilation drawn from these tapes. This compilation has since gone out of print. Fans continue to circulate bootleg recordings and a Cleveland-based label, Handsome Productions, offers a comprehensive collection of his music on CD, officially endorsed by his estate. As of 2003, the Smog Veil record label was reported to be assembling a definitive multi-disc Laughner set, but this has yet to materialize.
[Wikipedia]

For more info: http://www.handsomeproductions.com/laughner.htm

Download from: http://www.sendspace.com/file/as86o0
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 09:14 AM   #526
sarramkrop

When you smile

The Dream Syndicate EP (1982)
For me, the (early) Dream Syndicate really scratch some kind of itch. This raw, garagey, 4 song debut is no 'Wine and Roses', but it still packs a punch, sure thing!

Note: Use zshare to download it as it seems to be the only link still alive.

http://theeheadveins.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2007, 11:28 AM   #527
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
Pere Ubu - Datapanik In The Year Zero

One of my favorite box sets ever!!!!
Old 11.03.2007, 03:16 AM   #528
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Table of the Elements Guitar Series

http://www.sendspace.com/file/njj9n8
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2007, 10:02 AM   #529
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
This has got to be one of the most unlikely tribute albums ever:

VARIOUS ARTISTS: Shutupalreadydamn! A Prince Tribute Album 2CDR (CELEBRATE PSI PHENOMENON)

Thank god for the leadoff track...curator Campbell Kneale revealing his ability to rock out a good pop tune, with his usually avant/instrumental Birchville Cat Motel doing a note-for-note version of "I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man" that would make even the highest-grossing cover band in your college town blush. And dig the perfectly reproduced guitar solo! It's a version that might make noise bands blush a little too, revealing "making a bunch of noise and then sticking a Prince song title on it" to be a common strategy, which is what Afghan Cyborg Predator do with track two, a version of "Lets Pretend We're Married." Mr. Kneale himself sorta goes that route with his other band Sunship, doing a cover of "Orgasm" that is just a "1-2-3-4-AAAGJGJGGJGGGJJHH!" sexplosion like something off of Pop Tatari by The Boredoms.
Another tactic is the "use the lyrics but disregard the melody and chord changes" approach. In this vein, there's a creepy lo-fi version of "When Doves Cry" by Antony Milton, versions of "Little Red Corvette", by B.C. and Mr. Sterile, and "Head" by Panicsville. All the versions are pretty humorous and each track has a distinctive vocal. Panicsville is the only one of the four I'd even heard of before, and his track really stands out, because the complete lyrical text is sung by a Speak 'n' Spell or some shit. Lyrics like "You know you're good, girl/I think you'd like to go down" end up being kind of terrifying in a Demon Seed kind of way. A beautiful and haunting version of "Sign O' The Times" by A.Ra tackles the original text and original melody in a whole different way; I think it's a young kid in his or her bedroom singing a capella into a cheap recorder. It reminds me of something my 11 year old niece was doing this weekend while I was visiting her family in Omaha, but that was with some current teen ballad.
Another song that uses the entire lyrical text of the original is Poptart doing "Manic Monday" (which was actually a Bangles song written by Christopher Nevermind, of course, but evidently some people think Mr. Nevermind was actually Prince). They start with improv noise that isn't half bad but then -- psych! -- they go into a great kicking glam-rock version that's right up there with Birchville Cat Motel's jam. The CM Ensemble might have the nicest track on here with a solo church organ version of "Nothing Compares 2 U." This same track would've also been one of the best on the Soothing Sounds For Raymond comp reviewed above. Let's see, who else is on here: The Burt Lancasters ("Let's Go Crazy"), The SB ("When We're Dancing Close & Slow"), Matt Silcock ("Housequake"), Armpit featuring Dirk Diamond ("Sexy Muthafucker"), Pumice ("Get Off"), Witcyst ("Pop Life"), Seht ("Diamonds and Pearls"), Flower ("Hot Thing"), Cancerboy ("Kiss"), 1/3 Octave Band ("It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night"), GFrenzy ("When You Were Mine"), ISO12 ("Head"), Clarinette ("U Got The Look"), and Extreme Nose Terror ("Purple Rain"). A lot of stuff on here, a lot of different approaches: noise vs. song, text vs. no text, the artist vs. The Artist.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JBCKUHL
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2007, 01:24 PM   #530
sarramkrop

MORT GARSON (part 2 of 2)

Wednesday, July 25th, 2007

Of my favorite Mort Garson record, “Plantasia”, music reviewer Ignatius on rateyourmusic.com sez:
Copies of ‘Plantasia’ were initially given away with Simmons mattresses (!) in the mid 70’s, the flora friendly record also came with an illustrated booklet on how to let the music speak to your plants, soothing them with soft oscillations and bouncy electro pop. How this music is supposed to relate to plants is beyond me, but it’s all the better for it, since the tunes are so good, many far ahead of their time in the ambient electronic pop idiom. Occasionally dipping into cheeky Perrey-Kingsley territory, these tolerable moments are more than forgiven by some of the other, more esoteric tracks that bounce and bleep their way around your virtual electro-greenhouse (or your headphones).
<A href="http://www.eggcityradio.com/sharity/mortgarson_musicforsensuouslovers.zip">Mort Garson - “Music For Sensuous Lovers”, 1971 (ZIP file)
<A href="http://www.eggcityradio.com/sharity/mortgarson_ataraxia.zip">Mort Garson - “The Unexplained - Ataraxia”, 1975 (ZIP file)
Mort Garson - “Plantasia”, 1976 (ZIP file)

http://www.eggcityradio.com/?cat=18&paged=3
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 07:51 AM   #532
sarramkrop

Brötzmann Rarities (MP3)

[ There are 11 pretty wild MP3s hidden in this post. ]
My first encounter with free jazz giant Peter Brötzmann happened more than 20 years ago, at the 1985 Total Music Meeting in Berlin. At the time I was a rather naive teenager visiting (West) Berlin, and I saw that Wolfgang Dauner was playing at the Quartier Latin. I didn't know what to make of the name "Total Music Meeting" and had never heard of any of the other musicians who were playing that night, but I really liked Dauner, so I decided to go and let myself be surprised. And surprised I was. I had never really listened to free jazz before, so it was quite an experience to see Phil Minton, Peter Brötzmann, and Hugh Davies going berserk on stage, with lots of energy and no discernible rules or structure. At least that was the impression it made on me at the time.
I saw a couple more Peter Brötzmann concerts later, with more advance warning and probably less naivete, and at some point I discovered that his son Caspar Brötzmann made some amazingly heavy, slow and dark music with his band Massaker. I certainly preferred Caspar's music over free jazz, but one day I heard a track on the radio which was a duo of the two Brötzmanns, and it blew my mind. I should have immediately tracked down the album at the time, but for unknown reasons I didn't, and I eventually forgot about the whole thing until recently.

So then a couple of weeks ago, again for unknown reasons, I suddenly wanted to have this album, and didn't have any information about it. Fortunately we now have the Internet, Google, andSoulseek to track down rare out-of-print albums. After a few false leads (some people mistakenly believe that it is called "The Vodka King") I eventually found it, and I offer you the whole album "Last Home" here in MP3 form: Die, Saurier, Die | Talk To The Canoe Driver | Last Home| Little Man In The Boat | Doozandazzy | Yazzihamper | Witch Hazel In The Dark Afternoon | Fette Biester | Tantarabobs. Recorded 1990 in NYC, it was released by the (unfortunately now defunct) Pathological Records label.
Along the way I found another amazing and rare recording of Peter Brötzmann, Fred van Hove, and Han Bennink, a 7" vinyl release on FMP from 1973. It contains their (instrumental) version of the communist anthem Einheitsfrontlied (United Front Song) by Hanns Eisler and Bertolt Brecht (English lyrics over here). Listen to the MP3s at your own risk:

Side 1 |

Side 2. If you like this stuff, you'll love THE essential European free jazz album of all times, Machine Gun (fortunately still in print), recorded in 1968 by the Peter Brötzmann Octet. It is the closest that music has ever come to open warfare.
By the way, here is a rather interesting interview from 2003 with father and son Brötzmann, just before they played a show in France. They explain why Last Exit and Massaker are gone for good, and that there are too many CDs out there. And some other stuff, but you'll have to read for yourself.

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/0...nn_rariti.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 08:14 AM   #533
sarramkrop

Enjoy

http://alapiscine.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 09:21 AM   #534
nick2767
bad moon rising

nick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's assesnick2767 kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for the brotzmann link.
nick2767 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 10:09 AM   #535
sarramkrop

Crime + the City Solution - Just South of Heaven (1985)

Crime + the City Solution was formed by Simon Bonney in Australia in 1978. The band has had four distinct phases, with Bonney's role as singer/songwriter being the only constant. The first two phases in the band's history (Sydney 1977-1978 & Melbourne 1979) came and went with virtually no released material. These phases existed in that same time frame that the Dogs in Space film captured the spirit of so well. This Australian indie, post-punk period running from 1975-1984 has been documented by Clinton Walker in the book Inner City Sound.

After a roughly six year period of inactivity, Bonney relocated to Berlin and reformed the band for their third phase. The bandmates included Simon Bonney on vocals, Mick Harvey and Rowland S. Howard on guitars, Harry Howard on bass and Epic Soundtracks on drums. The earlier incarnations of Crime + the City Solution were peers to The Birthday Party and so this third build of the band includes two former members of Nick Cave's earlier band.

From 1987-1991, the band reshuffled for its fourth and final phase. Mick Harvey remained, joining four new members, and released four studio albums, with a live CD issued in 1996. Being a fan of the band, Wim Wenders featured the band, along with Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, in his absolutely incredible film Wings of Desire. Simon Bonney released two excellent country-tinged solo albums in 1992 and 1995. His current activities and whereabouts are unknown.

This posting is a complete collection of all the material released by the third phase of the band. The mini-LP Just South of Heaven is preceded by their first official release, The Dangling Man E.P. and finishes up with The Kentucky Click/Adventure 12" single. The vinyl rips for The Dangling Man E.P. and Just South of Heaven were posted to Usenet years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of who created these clean rips. I recently discovered an excellent vinyl rip of The Kentucky Click/Adventure single on eMule, credited as "ripped by SCOMPENSATO ®".

This third phase of the band is their most intense. The music is dark, with a deep echo twangy guitar sound, a desolate rumbling rhythm section and emotionally overwrought vocals. Hold on, don't run yet, I mean this all in a good way! Later on, in their fourth incarnation, they became more musically complex (and accessible) and the lyrics became even more ambitious. However, it is with this material produced in their third phase that I connect with and enjoy the most.

Crime + the City Solution - Just South of Heaven (1985)
From The Dangling Man E.P. 12" (1985):
1. The Dangling Man (4:00)
2. The Last Day (5:24)
3. At the Crossroads (5:44)
4. Shakin' Chill (3:32)
From Just South of Heaven mini-LP (1985):
5. Rose Blue (4:48)
6. The Coal Train (5:57)
7. Stolen & Stealing (3:15)
8. Five Stone Walls (4:17)
9. Trouble Come This Morning (4:31)
10. The Wailing Wall (5:29)
From The Kentucky Click/Adventure 12" (1986):
11. The Kentucky Click (5:29)
12. Adventure (3:30)
13. It Takes Two to Burn (4:54)

88.93MB RAR archive
MP3: (3x) Constant bitrate (192kbps w/LAME 3.96) &
(10x) Variable bitrate (207.3kbps average w/LAME 3.90)

Grab it.
Password: p-l-m.blogspot.com

http://p-l-m.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 10:10 AM   #536
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick2767
thanks for the brotzmann link.

seconded, grabbing them as we speak.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 10:23 AM   #537
sarramkrop

There is some great music on the Brotzmann mp3's.

Las Vegas Grind Part One (1956-1965)

The concept here is that back in the 50s and 60s, strip clubs in Las Vegas featured bands that played along with the, uh, show. Strip released four LP volumes and two CD volumes compiling vinyl rips of these collectible 45s in 1992. The Part One CD collected most of the tracks from LP Volumes One and Two, with the Part Two CD collecting most of LP Volumes Three and Four. From there, Strip apparently morphed into Crypt Records. These two CDs were rereleased in 1995, along with LP Volume Five, collected on Part Three CD. Confusingly enough, in 2000 LP Volume Six was released with a corresponding Part Six CD. So, there is no Part Four or Part Five on CD...

The mastering on these tracks is pretty mediocre. There appears to have no attempt to clean these scratchy old 45s up. Also, the packaging contains absolutely no information on the tracks or artists themselves. I spent about six hours online researching the various tracks. Six hours! Well, that's what I get for being "detail oriented," I guess! It paid off, though. I was able to find out the release year for all but two of the tracks and specific vinyl release info for all but eight. I placed what vinyl release info I could find in the comment field tag, including original a-side and b-side listing, record company and serial number.

During the research, I discovered that these bands were from all over the US and the original vinyl releases fetch pretty high prices. It occurred to me that this isn't really a compilation of rock 'n' roll bands that played Las Vegas strip clubs (although some of them may have), but more a collection of obscure raunchy and gritty rock 'n' roll tracks from the 50s and 60s. Mostly instrumental, but many of the tracks feature yelling or oddball narrative bits. Tracks three and four were flip-flopped on the CD track listing. I only noticed because the Peter Gunn theme is unmistakable. I ended up making corrections to four of the track titles and six of the artist names. I love finding mistakes. Also, although this is listed as Part 1 on the cover and disc itself, I went with Part One because it is listed that way on the spine.

I mail-ordered this back in 1992 direct from Strip. Even though I enjoyed it, I unfortunately never got around to ordering the later volumes. Too bad, as they seem to all be out-of-print and are priced fairly high as collectibles. I scanned the cover myself. It's slightly different than the 1995 Crypt Records rerelease.

Las Vegas Grind Part One (1956-1965)
1. The Upsetters - The Strip [1958] (2:03)
2. James "Red" Holloway - Ala Carte [1960] (2:29)
3. The Jesters - Peter Gunn Twist [1963] (2:18)
4. Bob Taylor - After Hours (Flyin' High) [1962] (2:01)
5. Ken Williams - My Very Own (Trash Can) [1965] (2:45)
6. Buddy Miller - Teen Twist [1962] (2:19)
7. The Crescendos - Countdown [1963] (2:20)
8. The Wild Tones - Shut-Ups [1958] (2:40)
9. Tic & Toc - Jibba Jab [1956] (2:20)
10. Joe Dodo and the Groovers - Groovy [1958] (2:30)
11. The Dyna-Sores - Jungle Walk [1960] (2:28)
12. The Casual-Aires - (What's the Word) Thunderbird [1958] (2:34)
13. John & Jackie - Little Girl [1958] (2:09)
14. The Genteels - Take It Off [1962] (1:56)
15. Jack Hammer - The Wiggle [1962] (2:38)
16. The Frantics - The Whip [1960] (1:45)
17. The Rockin' Bellmarx - Torture Rock [1957] (1:55)
18. The Periscopes - Beaver Shot [1965] (2:05)
19. Bobby Bunny and the Jackrabbits - The Joker [1957] (2:36)
20. The Epics - On the Rocks [1964] (2:52)
21. Barbara and the Boys - Hootie Sapperticker [1963] (1:38)
22. Bobby Christian - Enough Man [1957] (1:48)
23. Louie Overseas - A Studio Session (3:08)
24. The Lushes - Drunken Guitar [1963] (2:10)
25. The Empallos - Hiccups [1963] (1:59)
26. The Hollywood Persuaders - Drums A-Go-Go [1965] (2:19)
27. Ric Gary - Pimples & Braces (2:09)
28. Barney Kessel - Honey Rock [1957] (2:10)
29. The Vikings - Nicotine [1963] (2:06)
30. The Originals - The Whip [1959] (1:45)
31. Jimmy Heap & His Orchestra - Gismo [1959] (2:00)

138.12MB RAR archive
MP3: Variable bitrate (274.5kbps average)
Audiograbber 1.83.1 w/LAME 3.97 (--preset fast extreme)

Grab it.
Password: p-l-m.blogspot.com

http://p-l-m.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 10:46 AM   #539
sarramkrop

PUSSY WILLOW!!

Chip, you know how I hate the brown word.

Here is Basil Poledouris' music from the John Waters film Serial Mom. November 8th will make it one year since Basil's passing, so while this post is several days early, I thought it'd be a nice tribute to the legendary Mr. Poledouris. In addition to the score, you'll also find a couple of songs played in the film. Where else will you hear Barry 'The Man' Manilow on the same album as L7? Nowhere, that's where.

1. Gas Chamber (03:59)
performed by L-7
2. Daybreak (03:06)
performed by Barry Manilow
3. Main Title (Mom's Suburban Dream) (04:48)
Tracks 3-10 are the film score
4. Morning Suite (I'll Get You Pussyface!) (02:05)
5. It's Been a Crazy Day, Hasn't It? (03:23)
6. Flea Market Suite (Stood Up and Skewered) (07:02)
7. The Sterner Payback (05:40)
8. Buckle Up, Scotty!! (02:36)
9. Courtroom Suite (In Memory of a Fashion Victim) (03:01)
10. I'm Coming Home! (03:20)

Download
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 12:54 PM   #540
sarramkrop

Zos Kia - Be Like Me (1985, UK)

Tracklisting:
A: Be Like Me
B: Ten Miles High

Zos Kia was initially formed by John "Zoskia" Gosling along with John Balance and Min. This trio, along with Peter Christopherson on sound and other guests, recorded and performed several concerts in 1982/83 under the names Zos Kia and Coil and some of this material is available on the Coil/Zos Kia release Transparent.

In 1983, Balance and Christopherson left to concentrate on Coil full-time. All material released under the Zos Kia name alone was primarily the work of John Gosling. After retiring the Zos Kia name, Gosling went on to record with Sugardog, Psychic TV and work solo as Sugar J and Mekon.

Fresh 320 kbps rip from vintage vinyl with HQ scan of cover in archive.

Click on the image for link.

http://dualtrack.blogspot.com/2007/1...e-1985-uk.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
242526 27 28293037 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth