Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The man who loves to wind up the art world
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.26.2007, 11:44 AM   #21
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i like it!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 11:50 AM   #22
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, this is the stupidest crap I've ever seen. All it is is some guy thinking of something to do, and ANYTHING counts as something, and then paying somebody to do it. I stopped looking after A WORKER´S ARM PASSING THROUGH THE CEILING OF AN ART SPACE FROM A DWELLING. I simply couldn't waste anymore time on it. Seriously, not EVERYTHING can be called art; it just can't.

P.S. Did he invent the glory hole?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2007, 12:18 PM   #23
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Art's fucking ridiculous.

On that note, I saw Cremaster 3: The Order the other day.. the little 31 minute piece that's going to be the only official DVD release ever, apparently.. and then I proceeded to read about the rest of the Cremaster Cycle, and the "artist" who made those actually DID release 20 DVD's of the whole cycle... for something in the range of $100,000 each... and he's like, "it's art! It's art! The films are art, I can do what I want!"

And I agree: It's his film, he CAN do what he wants, he can present it however he wants, etc. But I do find it curious that he bothered to release a little 31-minute DVD sampler with trailers for the films -- films that occassionally have shown in museums/art house theaters/festivals but one day soon will NEVER BE SHOWN FOR YEARS. So, what's the point? "Check out my trailer! Check out this awesome sampler for a film you'll never see! Nananana boo-boo!" Of course, this just invites bootlegging, and there are bootleg copies of all of these films so yeah.

I just find art so liberating, beautiful, pretentious, and insane... anything -- and I mean ANYTHING -- can be percieved as "great art" or "Terrible art", which is what's so ridiculous about the whole notion of this guy you're talking about... I think a lot of great art is more well-loved for the concept than for actually being something beautiful or thought-provoking... and it seems in the field of art, controversy sells a LOT... take piss christ for example... that guy could go on and paint the most beautiful, expressive, insane thing ever... but he'll forever be known as piss christ dude. And the guy who Metallica stole album covers from.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth