Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page bandcamp
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.17.2020, 09:24 PM   #461
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
^ When I was notified that you had posted on this thread today I thought you had beat me to the punch with the new Watt (Bill Orcutt + Tim Koffley) release:

Recorded in Miami 1989​-​1991 by Watt

Available for a name-your-price, but come on, pay something, folks.

Thank you for the Okkyung heads-up! I got tons of shit to post on the 2020 albums thread, but I keep procrastinating...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2020, 01:42 AM   #462
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
^ When I was notified that you had posted on this thread today I thought you had beat me to the punch with the new Watt (Bill Orcutt + Tim Koffley) release:

Recorded in Miami 1989​-​1991 by Watt

Available for a name-your-price, but come on, pay something, folks.

Thank you for the Okkyung heads-up! I got tons of shit to post on the 2020 albums thread, but I keep procrastinating...

Okkyung Lee also collaborated on Hillary Woods' new album, "Birthmarks"; out now via Sacred Bones. A beautiful record that shouldn't be ignored.

Here is a digital release of a Bill Orcutt solo show which has just recently made it to Bandcamp:
https://vdsq.bandcamp.com/album/vari...e-project-2014

Speaking of 2020 releases, the news of a new record by Fiona Apple brought a smile to my face...

Anyways, it seems Friday, March 20th should be a good day to purchase music from Bandcamp in the spirit of supporting the artists in a significant manner:
https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/...-19-fundraiser
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2020, 02:37 AM   #463
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Anyways, it seems Friday, March 20th should be a good day to purchase music from Bandcamp in the spirit of supporting the artists in a significant manner:

Nice. Unfortunately I'm dead broke, but I certainly hope everybody checks Bandcamp first, Darth Bezos later on Friday.

You must have received the latest Gaelynn Lea newsletter by now. In part it says:

Quote:
Virtual Shows on YouTube this Weekend!

As you may have heard, I had to cancel my March tour due to Coronavirus. I have extremely small lungs due to my disability and I just couldn't risk exposure (and as it turns out, the venues most likely would have canceled the shows even if I hadn't). So instead of traveling this month, I've decided to try two "virtual" concerts instead... Here are the details:

Friday, March 20th @ 7pm CDT: https://youtu.be/w7144fS76YY
Sunday, March 22nd @ 2pm CDT: https://youtu.be/zejaEQccg00

Here's the link to purchase a ticket for these virtual shows if you are able: gaelynnleaonlineshow.eventbrite.com

Any donation amount is greatly appreciated, as these concerts will help me to recoup some of the income I'm losing because of these canceled shows... Rest assured, if you are able to donate, you'll be helping me to move my work forward during this unusual time!

If you aren't able to donate, please still join us on YouTube... Music is more fun than getting restless at home with nothing to do and nowhere to go!

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 03.19.2020, 09:17 AM   #464
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

From Bandcamp Daily:
The Intakt Label is Providing a Supportive Home for the Avant-Garde

So many great titles on Intakt!

Old 03.19.2020, 10:52 PM   #465
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Live stream shows on the new Bandsintown Live channel on Twitch

In the spirit of supporting live music & artists, we are launching Bandsintown Live, our official channel on Twitch! You'll be able to live stream performances from incredible musicians across all genres, from top-selling artists to new up-and-comers.

There's an app and shit if tiny screens are your thing.

Old 03.20.2020, 09:01 AM   #466
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I tried to buy some stuff from FACS via the bandcamp app but it keeps on crashing I guess it's so busy that they can't handle the traffic...

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2020, 06:28 AM   #467
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I wish BandCamp was offering this deal all weekend. Better yet, “Fee Free Friday’s” each and every Friday until this foolishness is over!!!

NYC NOISE ROUNDUP

For those of you who enjoy odd and strange noise, here is a significant (and possibly complete) list of NYC NOISE artist......be sure to check out, Sandy Ewen!!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2020, 07:07 AM   #468
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
I bought a bunch of albums yesterday via bandcamp and a couple of shirts as well. But most of those artists and their labels didn't actually participate in the fundraiser, or at least weren't mentioned specifically on that page that greenlight shared.

I bought items from:
FACS
Anonymous Choir
Nils Frahm
Matana Roberts
Rebecca Foon
Esmerine

all basically albums that were on my Wanted list for some time but never bought as of now. Hopefully they will refund me some of the shipping costs because I bought several items at once from the same artist.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2020, 11:45 PM   #469
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I wish BandCamp was offering this deal all weekend. Better yet, “Fee Free Friday’s” each and every Friday until this foolishness is over!!!

NYC NOISE ROUNDUP

For those of you who enjoy odd and strange noise, here is a significant (and possibly complete) list of NYC NOISE artist......be sure to check out, Sandy Ewen!!
I regretfully missed out on a Sandy Ewen & Bill Nace release that was available via Post-Materialization Music's Bandcamp not so long ago. Paypal issues got in the way of ordering the lathe cut record, and I couldn't afford to spend crazy dollars on a test pressing (still available now).
She is great (have seen her play solo; with Tom Carter; and Garden Medium), and I know she has made some interesting collaborations with artists from Mexico. She's very prolific and there are lots of recordings (a few of them for free) on Bandcamp. To associate her with the noise/free-jazz/experimental scene from Texas wouldn't be absurd, either.

Hopefully, these "Fee-Free Fridays" would happen more often, though it'd be better if it weren't behind circumstances such as apocalyptic as these. I purchased The Observatory's "August Is The Cruellest", Thought Forms' self-titled record (10th anniversary reissue), which I've been dying to have for a long while now; and "ABOVE US ONLY SKY" by Lingua Ignota, to lift my spirit.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2020, 07:46 PM   #470
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I regretfully missed out on a Sandy Ewen & Bill Nace release that was available via Post-Materialization Music's Bandcamp not so long ago. Paypal issues got in the way of ordering the lathe cut record, and I couldn't afford to spend crazy dollars on a test pressing (still available now).
She is great (have seen her play solo; with Tom Carter; and Garden Medium), and I know she has made some interesting collaborations with artists from Mexico. She's very prolific and there are lots of recordings (a few of them for free) on Bandcamp. To associate her with the noise/free-jazz/experimental scene from Texas wouldn't be absurd, either.

Hopefully, these "Fee-Free Fridays" would happen more often, though it'd be better if it weren't behind circumstances such as apocalyptic as these. I purchased The Observatory's "August Is The Cruellest", Thought Forms' self-titled record (10th anniversary reissue), which I've been dying to have for a long while now; and "ABOVE US ONLY SKY" by Lingua Ignota, to lift my spirit.

It sucks you missed out on the Ewen/Nace release, I totally forgot about it. I have a few Sandy Ewen releases and they are all enjoyable. The first time I saw Sandy perform, she opened for C.J. Boyd

I’m very familiar with, Sandy. I saw her on a couple of occasions in Houston before she relocated to New York. Sandy’s mom and family still live in Houston and for consecutive years, Sandy has spent November-January in Houston and she usually collaborates and performs with long time friends.

It’s very cool you got to see, Garden Medium. One of GM’s members is, Carol Sandin Cooley. Carol is an original member of Houston’s: Rotten Piece.

Carol and her husband, Austin, perform as: Illicit Relationship and they are also members of: Black Leather Jesus.

I’ve had opportunity to see Tom Carter perform in his “newer” band: Morning Scales The Mountain
Old 03.23.2020, 09:18 PM   #471
Bytor Peltor
Banned

The Best Experimental Music on Bandcamp: March 2020
Old 03.23.2020, 11:04 PM   #472
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Update on Friday’s Campaign to Support Artists During the Covid-19 Pandemic
March 23, 2020

Quote:
We want to thank everyone who joined us last Friday in supporting artists and raising awareness about the impact of Covid-19 on the music community.

The numbers tell a remarkable story: on a typical Friday, fans buy about 47,000 items on Bandcamp, but this past Friday, fans bought nearly 800,000, or $4.3 million worth of music and merch. That’s more than 15 times our normal Friday, and at the peak, fans were buying 11 items per second.

We would like to thank all of you, along with NPR, Pitchfork, Billboard, Resident Advisor, Music Ally, Variety, The Verge, Consequence of Sound, Vice, Paper, Forbes, Paste, and many more for helping us spread the word, and for the many labels who gave 100% of their proceeds to their artists as well.

We don’t yet know the long-term impact of Covid-19, but we know that we all need music—to uplift and inspire us, to heal us, and to give us hope. We’ll continue working to make Bandcamp the best place for fans and artists to come together and sustain each other in the challenging times ahead. Thank you again, and we wish you all good health!

Old 03.27.2020, 08:59 PM   #473
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if this is new or old news but there is a shit tonne of SY Live PRO material on bandcamp right now:

https://sonicyouth.bandcamp.com/
Old 03.27.2020, 09:41 PM   #474
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro
I'm not sure if this is new or old news but there is a shit tonne of SY Live PRO material on bandcamp right now:

http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...d.php?t=122271

Old 03.31.2020, 06:12 AM   #475
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
I regretfully missed out on a Sandy Ewen & Bill Nace release that was available via Post-Materialization Music's Bandcamp not so long ago.

Wanted to let you know that Sandy Ewen made it out of New York before everything was shutdown from coronavirus. She is back home in Houston for the duration......and possibly for good??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro

THANKS!!!
Old 04.06.2020, 03:02 PM   #476
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

https://temporaryresidence.bandcamp.com/

The first Album of the Day is Maserati's Inventions For The New Season. I'm rooting for the Basinskis I don't have to surface to the top next!

Old 04.06.2020, 03:35 PM   #477
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ im listening to this maserati business and it’s some good shit. not superoriginal or anything but a good afternoon choo-choo train. best thing—no words!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2020, 03:44 PM   #478
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
the track 12/16 on that album has one of the most insane one handed drum fills ever executed live. RIP Fuchs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF0ZxA130u4

(audio sucks, but gives an idea)
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2020, 03:50 PM   #479
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Temporary Residence has revealed their Pay What You Can calendar for April:

Quote:
Apr 6 Maserati Inventions for the New Season
Apr 7 Eluvium Copia
Apr 8 William Basinski On Time Out of Time
Apr 9 Inventions Inventions
Apr 10 MONO Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered and the Sun Shined
Apr 11 Various Sounds Of The Geographically Challenged
Apr 12 90 Day Men 1975-1977-1998
Apr 13 Explosions In The Sky The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place
Apr 14 The Books Thought For Food
Apr 15 The Ladies They Mean Us
Apr 16 Rumah Sakit Rumah Sakit
Apr 17 Behind Closed Doors Exit Lines: The Brief History of Behind Closed Doors
Apr 18 By The End of Tonight A Tribute to Tigers
Apr 19 Bitch Magnet Bitch Magnet
Apr 20 Eluvium Pianoworks
Apr 21 Kammerflimmer Kollektief Mäander
Apr 22 Sonna Keep It Together
Apr 23 Halifax Pier The Halifax Pier
Apr 24 Howard Hello Howard Hello
Apr 25 Young Widows Easy Pain
Apr 26 Coliseum Sister Faith
Apr 27 Bellini Precious Prize of Gravity
Apr 28 The Drift Noumena
Apr 29 Prefuse 73 Forsyth Gardens
Apr 30 Various Thank You

Old 04.17.2020, 11:54 PM   #480
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Holy Drone Travellers - जन्म​/​Birth

n Spring of 2018, cosmic forces led to the meeting of three musical souls who eventually began performing together under the name of Holy Drone Travellers. They started by piecing together their musical idiosyncrasies of free-jazz, psych, and Hindustani classical music. After several performances and augmenting the group into a quartet, the Travellers grew louder, heavier, and even more abrasive. Such sounds can be heard on a limited demo tape quietly put out by the band earlier 2019.

जन्म/BIRTH is a testament of Holy Drone Travellers' first refined jams before this aforementioned change in sound. These recordings portray the original trio in a meditative state with driving tabla percussion on top of layers of droning instrumentation and free-improvisation. It's a sound that will make fans of La Monte Young, Pharoah Sanders, and Zakir Hussain feel right at home.

Bhuyash Neupane - tabla, vocals
Matt Meeker - bass, trombone, electronics
Ethan Bokma - clarinets, tampura, keys, electronics
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
212223 24 252627 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth