Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Obligatory Rock N Roll HoF Thread 2023
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2023, 09:10 AM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
This place is just too cool for school. Now Kate Bush gets added to the long/growing list of great artists who are dismissed here.

Fuck me.
no thanks, hard pass (on the fucking). always with the nasty invitations! lmao

anyway there really is no "here" the way you mean it, and there has never been, in the sense that "the board" has never had a consensus opinion on what constitutes the good and the true or whatever.

never. not even about sonic youth itself. "here" never spoke with one voice about bad moon rising or the eternal or atl or jim o'rourke or anything.

so "here" has always been a bit of a thunderdome, and frankly it's a lot more civilized these days than it used to be. "back in the day" it was 24/7 constant drama and tears and ragequits and insults. with your attitude you would not have lasted 5 minutes, lol. everybody was calling everybody else's favorite music "UNLISTENABLE" etc etc. everything always got dismissed here by one person or another! and there were massive, ridiculous feuds.

and nobody is going to have the same taste in everything as everybody else, much less among people who feel sooooooooo invested in music, like their chosen music is their core identity or something. not mere "fans," but fanatics, fully spelled out.

besides, nobody flaunts their tastes publicly for the same reason as everybody else either. some want to feel they are superior everyone else, some want to feel they are beneath everybody else (and therefore above everyone else), some are looking for the validation of someone else's agreement, some are looking for the fun of disagreement (or an outright fight), some are looking for a chance to call someone names, some want to be called names, some just want to troll, some just want to share, some just want to sell...

everybody likes to moan about "the good old days," but everybody has a different idea of what that was.

so "here" is just a place where these things happen. that's all the here there is.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2023, 04:42 PM   #22
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Pretty sure skuj was around back then. Maybe even before you.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2023, 05:58 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Pretty sure skuj was around back then. Maybe even before you.
maybe. did he ever meet khchris? yikes!
Old 05.22.2023, 11:25 AM   #24
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kate Bush is fucking BORING
Old 05.22.2023, 05:12 PM   #25
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
I can't say her music does much for me but she seems like the real deal
Old 05.23.2023, 08:32 PM   #26
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no thanks, hard pass (on the fucking). always with the nasty invitations! lmao

anyway there really is no "here" the way you mean it, and there has never been, in the sense that "the board" has never had a consensus opinion on what constitutes the good and the true or whatever.

never. not even about sonic youth itself. "here" never spoke with one voice about bad moon rising or the eternal or atl or jim o'rourke or anything.

so "here" has always been a bit of a thunderdome, and frankly it's a lot more civilized these days than it used to be. "back in the day" it was 24/7 constant drama and tears and ragequits and insults. with your attitude you would not have lasted 5 minutes, lol. everybody was calling everybody else's favorite music "UNLISTENABLE" etc etc. everything always got dismissed here by one person or another! and there were massive, ridiculous feuds.

and nobody is going to have the same taste in everything as everybody else, much less among people who feel sooooooooo invested in music, like their chosen music is their core identity or something. not mere "fans," but fanatics, fully spelled out.

besides, nobody flaunts their tastes publicly for the same reason as everybody else either. some want to feel they are superior everyone else, some want to feel they are beneath everybody else (and therefore above everyone else), some are looking for the validation of someone else's agreement, some are looking for the fun of disagreement (or an outright fight), some are looking for a chance to call someone names, some want to be called names, some just want to troll, some just want to share, some just want to sell...

everybody likes to moan about "the good old days," but everybody has a different idea of what that was.

so "here" is just a place where these things happen. that's all the here there is.

Dude....

If some young person discovers the almighty Youth, then comes here to discuss/research further, then finds threads like this (and there are many of them now! (Fuck Gordon Lightfoot? Fuck me!!!)), I'd be completely embarrassed. This is fucking cringeworthy.

I've been here a long-ass time. (I think my join date is listed as 2009, but I believe I was here earlier, then quit, or deleted, and had to rejoin, or something? There must have been other threads like this that pissed me off back then.) So I remember/know how this place works.

I remember many musical discussions/debates. There were many strong opinions. But never do I recall the discussions sinking to the level of "Fuck Gordon Lightfoot" (on his fucking death day???) or "Kate Bush Sucks".

Now, maybe those comments/threads come from ONE PERSON (What is the definition of a troll again?). Well, imho, that person can go FUCK THEMSELF. (The same person who declares that boygenius is bland music for bland people, when I fucking love the album? I'm not sure.)

We've kicked out assholes from the political threads. We should do the same here.

Are we like....7 posters now? Some people want it to be 5? 3? 1?

I dunno. You can hate Kate Bush or Gordon Lightfoot if you wish. But to spell out your basest opinions about them on a Sonic Youth Forum is not helping anyone.

Fuck, this place has become embarrassing.
Old 05.23.2023, 08:37 PM   #27
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
You know what? FUCKIT.

I swear, this is my last post at this forum. (I know...I know....I've probably "quit" 5x before.)

But this time it really is different. It's just too.....cringeworthy now.

And then there were 6?

Have great lives!!!
Old 05.23.2023, 09:20 PM   #28
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
^ The new signature is priceless. You should keep posting here.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2023, 09:43 PM   #29
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
You know what? FUCKIT.

I swear, this is my last post at this forum. (I know...I know....I've probably "quit" 5x before.)

But this time it really is different. It's just too.....cringeworthy now.

And then there were 6?

Have great lives!!!

ow, come ooon! you could have just told him to go fuck himself a long time ago.

now the future musical archeologists will just see you quitting?

the person who said lame people or something was not the same. 2 different people offended you.

so 2 "fuck yourself" would have been the A+++ answer probably and moving on.

i try to respect other people's tastes and will say stuff like "doesn't do it for me" or "not my thing" or something, unless they pick a fight, then i might attack back, and if they go low i kick them, hahaha.

if you really loved kate bush you could have "defended her honor" or whatever. idk. something. give someone a hard slap. argue her merits. haven't heard a word from you in her defense.

i also asked you about gordon lightfoot because i wasn't familiar with the man. no word.

only soupnazi replied and brought up nico. not my favorite cover by her but whatever. i have a reference now at least (thanks for that).

if you wanted a more elevated discussion... you could have elevated it. what was the expression... be the change you want to see... something someting? ok.

--

anyway, i'm sorry you're always quitting.
Old 05.24.2023, 08:53 AM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I can't say her music does much for me but she seems like the real deal

You can be real and still really suck. Look at Dave Matthews Band
Old 05.24.2023, 08:55 AM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Fuck Gordon Lightfoot.
Old 05.24.2023, 01:13 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Fuck Gordon Lightfoot.
ouch! hahahaha...

that's funny, but mean. but still funny in the end?

funny at this point just based on the continuous repetition of that phrase, in the face of no matter what happens.

and it's not mean (in my eyes anyway) because of gordon lightfoot...

for me it's truly mean because skuj already threw the towel, and left while making declarations of pain about this subject. but with this post you keep twisting the knife or kicking him while he's down or throwing bricks at his head or whatever.

so it's cruel and disturbing...

... but funny too, at the same time?

i'm full of contradictions.

well, so is everybody... which is why this has endured the ages:

in the end i'd rather laugh than cry though. that's just my personal choice. it doesn't mean life sucks any less.

(in war, the jokes get really good...)
Old 05.24.2023, 02:07 PM   #33
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Laugh at death. We will all cry at death anyways....
Old 05.27.2023, 12:18 AM   #34
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
You can be real and still really suck. Look at Dave Matthews Band

My only awareness of Dave Matthews Band is that something that is hugely popular in the states but non-existant in my country. Like The Grateful Dead, Hootie and the Blowfish, Sublime and Ben Harper. Or high school mass murder events.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth