Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Mike Patton
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2009, 08:53 AM   #61
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Mike Patton is a cunt. But I like a few songs from Tomahawk.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2009, 12:30 PM   #62
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaspoo
I can't trust a person who cannot appreciate King for a Day...Fool for a Lifetime -album.
Faith No More was a great band.

I'm with you on this. I think this was the point where people either lost interest or gained more. I remember buying it the day it came out and being surprised how schizophrenic the tone of the album was but amazed at good the songs were. It's like a Ween album. "Cuckoo For Caca" and "Take This Bottle" are so different from each other that they have no business being on the same album. I like it.

Tomahawk's Anonymous sucked though. That and his album with Kaada were both ruined by him. The sarcastic tone of his vocals does nothing for the music when he's trying to be "authentic".

I'm looking forward to some new Fantomas.
Old 06.18.2009, 12:34 PM   #63
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Fantomas are so awful that it blows my mind. Shitty, boring cut and paste metal on a few albums that communicates absolutely nothing beyond a cheap thrill but gets old fast (nearly every song they do in this style is "quiet part" followed by "LOUD BASHING METAL PART!!!!!!!!" over and over and over), one of the most boring "ambient" albums ever with another album, and then a somewhat entertaining film soundtrack album where they play straight versions of film songs and then inject "metal" parts in them sometimes (for most of the songs). I gotta say, their take on "Charade" is brilliant, but most of their stuff is terrible. Tomahawk is one of the most boring bands I've heard in my life. Extremely dull. And I gotta agree with you, Patton's vocals on "Romances" suck, but Kaada's music is so amazing that I think it's probably the best album Patton's ever been on (besides the last 2 Bungle albums). You know, in my opinion.

I'm still wondering why people consider Patton a genius...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2009, 02:29 PM   #64
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
I consider him a genius because by the lone power of his voice he can let me travel through a twisted evil beauty tunnel no one else can take me through. That's not something I normally ask from a vocalist. I don't normally even expect them to be creative.

examples

the line "my head is like lettuce. go on dig your thumbs in.'

the vocals on the chorus of "Mayday" on the Tomahawk album Mit Gas - An extremely simple word turned into a frightening free fall into concrete.

"Investigation Of A Citizen Above Suspicion" from Fantomas' The Director's Cut- The chorus where he yells "them or you" sounds like his voice is shattering into a million little pieces. Or like he orally vomited out a thousand little demons.
Old 06.18.2009, 02:36 PM   #65
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Definitely overrated but his association with Mr Bungle makes all his criticisms moot.

Or not... I like him on a personal level but most of his music is utter cack.

But still... Mr Bungle.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2009, 06:01 AM   #66
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Hey guys he's pretty good. Get off his dick. Crank 2 fucking ruled. Did you see the part where the stripper's tits got shot and the silicone oozed out? I also liked when he said "did I drop something or did I just hear a chink?" Also the A Perfect Place soundtrack was lovely and shit. A Perfect Twist was like making out with a walrus, the good way. So anyways, Mr. Bungle sucked, no biggie. Faith No More was are neat in small doses and their reunion performance at Download was really nice. Tomahawk would be fun live.
Old 06.19.2009, 11:23 PM   #67
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
patton burgles turds
Old 06.19.2009, 11:36 PM   #68
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
hey man whatever this is the best way to kick off a reunion show. He's a great guy who sings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mvIQPcdbc
Old 06.21.2009, 12:31 AM   #69
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
well, i for one thought Anonymous was a fantastic record and still listen to it.
Old 06.21.2009, 01:08 AM   #70
Zombie Robot
expwy. to yr skull

Zombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's assesZombie Robot kicks all y'all's asses
patton is an acquired taste. i enjoy early fnm, his fantomas collab w/melvins, some mr bungle, and have to really be in the mood (rarely am) to handle some tomahawk and peeping tom. his collab on 'She' w/Merzbow was cool though. i admire his versatile style, and i used to think he was hot. i am lookin forward to the fnm reunion tour. should be a fun show.
Zombie Robot is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2009, 03:29 AM   #71
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Swa(y) the native american Tomahawk record isn't very good. It's worth a download, but don't shell out money for it until you've heard it, I was severely disappointed by it considering the talent of the musicians.
Old 06.21.2009, 04:07 AM   #72
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not too into Faith No More or Mr. Bungle or much of his other work , but I do LOVE Tomahawk. Their Anonymous album is gorgeous, imo.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2009, 07:51 AM   #73
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
I like Faith No More and Mr Bungle, nothing more and nothing less. More a Fatomos and tomahawk fan.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth