Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page i really like the new deftones
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.21.2019, 08:05 AM   #81
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Will never forget that I was the first person on this board to grasp Kendrick's potential and this pretentious Hayden motherfucker shrugged him off as "BORING" while praising some random buzz rappers he himself probably doesn't even remember the names of.

Genteel Death and the girl who was using the board as her pink diary were constantly e-bullying people. floatingslowly was flooding the board with incoherent posts under his main account as well as the numerous alts he was running. There was this alcoholic guy who was actually a really nice person when he wasn't drunk.. pepper_green was his last name. And the admin was racist. That was about the time I had lost any interest in SYG and strictly stayed in the hip hop threads.

You were the first to recognize Kendrick.

I remember you repped Section.80 before anyone. Before I even knew what it was. So, props.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2019, 08:29 AM   #82
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wow. So, yeah, don’t post your photo online. You don’t know these people.

But yeah, that sounds bad. And very mean.

But... turns out I think I was thinking of guest, who literally only comes here to insult me, because I insulted him after he insulted me for liking NIN. I don’t blame the kid. He’s going through that period of post-adolescence where you think you need to put on a show for people and “tell it like it is,” but you’re really just being a rotten, confused, unwashed douchechill abd trying to garner praise from your peers because extrinsic approval is all that matters and the brian is still a struggling to properly engage in critical thought.

You're right, I was just a kid doing dumb shit online. I wish I could've had some guidance back then, but my parents were too old to understand the Internet, let alone the dangers of it.

I don't remember anyone named "guest".. is that another synonym of dead_battery, or maybe the drunk guy I was referring to?.... ohh WAIT. Now I remember. THAT guy. The one who hates Kanye but likes Mariah Carey. Oh yeah.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2019, 11:06 AM   #83
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
You're right, I was just a kid doing dumb shit online. I wish I could've had some guidance back then, but my parents were too old to understand the Internet, let alone the dangers of it.

I don't remember anyone named "guest".. is that another synonym of dead_battery, or maybe the drunk guy I was referring to?.... ohh WAIT. Now I remember. THAT guy. The one who hates Kanye but likes Mariah Carey. Oh yeah.

guest has a profile photo of the lady from Law & Order, and is apparently like 22, but probably is someone else’s account, yes.

Anyway, that person hates me because when he made fun of me for liking Nine Inch Nails, I didn’t agree with him. So now he pops in to attack me for whatever I’m saying, and his posts are always really try-hard and overly verbose, stuffed with forced intellectualism and heaps of extraneous adjectives.

Fuck them all.
Old 03.21.2019, 12:12 PM   #84
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
I came in hopes of a new Deftones album. I stayed to read through the nostalgia trip. Good stuff.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2019, 03:55 PM   #85
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
I came in hopes of a new Deftones album. I stayed to read through the nostalgia trip. Good stuff.

They're dropping a new one this year. In interviews, Chino Moreno has said that the new album is 'experimental', and reminiscent of White Pony.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...nt-white-pony/

Also Stephen plays a 9 string.

Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2019, 07:29 PM   #86
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
They're dropping a new one this year. In interviews, Chino Moreno has said that the new album is 'experimental', and reminiscent of White Pony.

Finally, a guitar with the proper amount of strings! Sick of this 6- 7- 8-string NONSENSE. God!
Old 03.26.2019, 07:37 PM   #87
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
They were both bad. I posted my picture in the post yr pic thread and people were saying nice things. Then they popped out of nowhere and started saying mean things out of boredom and jealousy (the woman Derek wanted to impress said I was "hot", something his hormonal mind couldn't have dealt with back then). I was a teenager coming out of mandatory military service and dealing with anxieties and using this board as a cope, plus the whole face reveal thing is stressful in general, so that really wasn't pleasant at all. Plus they were two corny, nerdy white boys throwing the N-word every other post and bragging about each other's "supreme intelligents", giving off school shooter vibes. So yeah.. 8 years later I still remember them unfondly.
What woman? Why would I care? Don't remember any of this or your board presence at all beyond rap threads. You took my posts way too seriously back then and now you're still bitter lol get a grip. Hayden could be a bastard yeah hahaha.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2019, 07:49 PM   #88
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Yeah I was just a kid doing dumb shit online too

Sorry I made fun of a pic you posted years ago, feel free to find a pic of me at like 14 years old and mock me mercilessly
Old 03.27.2019, 07:46 AM   #89
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
What woman? Why would I care? Don't remember any of this or your board presence at all beyond rap threads. You took my posts way too seriously back then and now you're still bitter lol get a grip. Hayden could be a bastard yeah hahaha.

So... it’s not actually funny that you made someone you don’t know feel terrible because the internet or whatever.

Fact that you were “just a kid” a couple years ago doesn’t really absolve you either.

A non-sarcastic apology would be the way to go, and then, y’know, not bullying people relentlessly to get laughs from strangers anymore.
Old 03.27.2019, 08:40 AM   #90
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Dig it. Thanks for the info and article link. This makes me happy.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.27.2019, 07:20 PM   #91
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So... it’s not actually funny that you made someone you don’t know feel terrible because the internet or whatever.

Fact that you were “just a kid” a couple years ago doesn’t really absolve you either.

A non-sarcastic apology would be the way to go, and then, y’know, not bullying people relentlessly to get laughs from strangers anymore.

Thank you.
Old 03.27.2019, 07:54 PM   #92
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
plz dont fight in my deftones thread.

there, i said it. MY deftones thread.

look - an owl!

Seriously you guys are all really cool. We are all the type of people who post on a sonic youth forum still in 2019. leave the past drama behind
Old 03.27.2019, 09:28 PM   #93
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:

Cause it was like 8 years ago and I barely even remember it. Who cares, get over it!! If I had done it last week I would be more likely to apologise cause I'm much nicer now and don't get anything out of hurting people's feelings anymore. The fact that louder's held some grudge all this time when I haven't even thought about him at any point and yet I'm somehow expected to play nice and say sorry in 2019 is nonsense. We've all had our beefs and tiffs online, who apologises for it? You can dislike me all you want but it seems like displaced energy when I don't really have an opinion on either of you! We hardly know each other even.
Old 03.27.2019, 09:29 PM   #94
Derek
invito al cielo

Quote:
leave the past drama behind
That's what I'm saying! I'm trying to start NEW drama by arguing with the baby boomers on healthcare over here and you guys are bringing up old shit.
Old 03.27.2019, 10:21 PM   #95
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm trying to start NEW drama by arguing with the baby boomers on healthcare over here

Sluggo is lit.
Old 03.28.2019, 07:52 AM   #96
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Cause it was like 8 years ago and I barely even remember it. Who cares, get over it!! If I had done it last week I would be more likely to apologise cause I'm much nicer now and don't get anything out of hurting people's feelings anymore. The fact that louder's held some grudge all this time when I haven't even thought about him at any point and yet I'm somehow expected to play nice and say sorry in 2019 is nonsense. We've all had our beefs and tiffs online, who apologises for it? You can dislike me all you want but it seems like displaced energy when I don't really have an opinion on either of you! We hardly know each other even.

I don’t dislike you, but honestly, how hard is it to just be like, “Hey, I’m sorry, that was mean”? Not hard. Super easy. Just did it.

Point is you’re kinda being an asshole again by saying “Yeah, but that was like forever ago so get over it.” Apologizing and actually being nicer is by far the easiest response option.

But do what you want. It’s just weird. I’d feel pretty terrible if someone told me I fucked them up with some attention-grabbing internet comments my dumb kid ass made to look cool. It’s not his fault he feels bad just because the passage of time is a thing. It’s still your fault for being an asshole, and making excuses just invites more talk. Quickest way to put a lid on it is to stop and be cool.

But hey, you do you.
Old 03.28.2019, 11:21 PM   #97
Derek
invito al cielo

Well hey, I'm certainly sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, in the past or not. I wouldn't make a big song and dance about it but I do genuinely mean that. No need for me to be a conduit for someone else's bad memories or feelings. I'm so detached from it myself at this point that I guess I can't assume others would be too.

I actually remember someone who was super shitty to me on another messageboard when I was like 13 and it makes me so annoyed that he made me feel like a piece of shit for being a naive sometimes dumbfounding kid who just wanted to talk about music and get into new stuff. It's very strange being called such personal things by strangers, I don't think I've ever felt the same in person when a stranger has commented on what I look like, not that I look particularly odd. So... I do get it!! I didn't really connect the dots because this particular situation happened when I was a bit older and had completely forgotten about what its like to be on the receiving end. Some of the things I would do back in the day for internet fun is good for a quick laugh when reminiscing in a "oh my god why did we do that" way but jeez I just do not have the callousness inside of me anymore which I guess is some sort of personality growth.

Anyway, what rap are you and louder feeling right now? For newer stuff I'm really liking DaBaby, NBA Youngboy, Shoreline Mafia, AlmightySuspect and Five Finger Posse. For older stuff I've been relistening to a lot of Z-Ro, Styles P, DJ Screw and Luniz cause Us reminded me they existed. Always listening to Kodak Black. He's such a moron but god his music is so good!!

I think I just made a big song and dance of this. Woops.
Old 03.29.2019, 07:56 AM   #98
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Well hey, I'm certainly sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, in the past or not. I wouldn't make a big song and dance about it but I do genuinely mean that. No need for me to be a conduit for someone else's bad memories or feelings. I'm so detached from it myself at this point that I guess I can't assume others would be too.

I actually remember someone who was super shitty to me on another messageboard when I was like 13 and it makes me so annoyed that he made me feel like a piece of shit for being a naive sometimes dumbfounding kid who just wanted to talk about music and get into new stuff. It's very strange being called such personal things by strangers, I don't think I've ever felt the same in person when a stranger has commented on what I look like, not that I look particularly odd. So... I do get it!! I didn't really connect the dots because this particular situation happened when I was a bit older and had completely forgotten about what its like to be on the receiving end. Some of the things I would do back in the day for internet fun is good for a quick laugh when reminiscing in a "oh my god why did we do that" way but jeez I just do not have the callousness inside of me anymore which I guess is some sort of personality growth.

Anyway, what rap are you and louder feeling right now? For newer stuff I'm really liking DaBaby, NBA Youngboy, Shoreline Mafia, AlmightySuspect and Five Finger Posse. For older stuff I've been relistening to a lot of Z-Ro, Styles P, DJ Screw and Luniz cause Us reminded me they existed. Always listening to Kodak Black. He's such a moron but god his music is so good!!

Cool. That was nice.

Not feeling any new rap this year yet. Still playing last year’s records by Earl and Travis and JPEGMafia.

I’m sucking at new music rn
Old 03.30.2019, 05:46 PM   #99
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:

I didn't mean to reignite the fight from 8 years ago. I guess I was holding a grudge. I definitely got over it once I let it out though.

I used to be that guy who was always into all the cool shit a year ahead of everyone and made playlists to put other people on. Then life happened and I found myself having more responsibilities and rap has become more of this nostalgic, therapeutic shit that I throw on twice a week. So now I only check out for new talent if I keep hearing the same name over and over again to the point where I'm like "okay okay fine I'll check out this Lil Blue Balls Baby guy". I don't stan anyone like I used to anymore. But I do respect the names I'm familiar with out of what you mentioned. I don't know, I guess that after pretty much a decade of following hip hop religiously I've just reached the point of.. fatigue?

But I like a lot of songs from Young Thug and Kodak Black. My respect for Uzi has been growing. I know about NBA, Shoreline and DaBaby and they're dope but I need to hear more of their stuff. I'm waiting for new albums from Thug and Uzi. Still not really sold on Carti though. The last albums I really liked were Earl's album and that Freddie Gibbs/Curren$y/Alchemist collab project. Both still get spins from me. Maxo Kream's album showed a lot of promise too and now he has my attention. Z-Ro is super dope actually. Love his melodic soul stuff in particular.

The Life of Pablo is fucking awesome and like I told Sev in the cafe thread, it hasn't been topped since its release for me. Piñata is another album that I listen to a lot and well.. Madlib is a fucking God.
Old 03.30.2019, 11:19 PM   #100
Derek
invito al cielo

Maaaan, Carti's Die Lit, to me, is like the perfect encapsulation of the whole soundcloud rap scene. It's the best album to come out of that scene, like miles ahead. I wasn't even that into his first album tho I loved Broke Boi when it dropped way back when.

I love Uzi but I def prefer his earlier stuff, like the Luv is Rage/The Real Uzi/soundcloud days. There was a bit more grit.

I've been listening to Three 6 Mafia tapes all day. Memphis baby.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth