Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2007, 12:58 PM   #541
sarramkrop

VA - Short Circuit Live At The Electric Circus (1978, UK)

Tracklisting:
A1: The Fall - Stepping Out
A2: John Cooper Clarke - (You Never See A Nipple In The) Daily Express
A3: Joy Division - At A Later Date
A4: The Drones - Persecution Complex
B1: Steel Pulse - Makka Splaff (The Colly Man)
B2: John Cooper Clarke - I Married A Monster From Outer Space
B3: The Fall - Last Orders
B4: Buzzcocks - Time's Up

Fresh transfer (@ 320 kbps) from the yellow wax promotional edition of this 10" mini-LP, released to mark the closing of the Electric Circus. All of the performances are soundboard recordings made on October 2nd 1977. I was meticulous with the attenuation; whatever distortion you hear (notably on the Joy Division track) was present on the vinyl. IMO, the Joy Division track, At A Later Date, is alone worth the price of admission. Short Circuit Live At The Electric Circus been out of print for decades and copies are fetching as much as $400 USD.

HQ scans included in archive.
http://dualtrack.blogspot.com/

Disconnected [mega upload]

http://alicerabbit.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2007, 11:07 AM   #542
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Short Circuit Live At The Electric Circus been out of print for decades and copies are fetching as much as $400 USD.

Wow, my old man owns this, ill tell him right away. Not that he'll sell it of course, its just a nice thing to know.
But yeah, its a great record.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2007, 06:33 PM   #543
tubitabi

I just found some really wired homepage where you can download an interesting album (for free).
Basically its strange electronics with some noise and wired vocals in various languages. Here and there is also some (noise)guitar and other instruments I couldn't quiet place.
The homepage is called mockart - and the band that goes with it as well.
The address is www.mockart.eu
You'll find the album when you click mockmusic.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2007, 11:50 AM   #544
sarramkrop

bardo pond presents — sublimation

three lobed 2006

released 21 april, 2006. both bardo pond and three lobed recordings wanted to do something special to commemorate the sixth terrastock festival in 2006. after some thought, we decided to display the band's various talents and "sublimation" is the result. this disc features brand new material from bardo pond (the seventeen minute long "dual states"), 500mg (the sixteen minute "descent"), clint takeda (twenty solid minutes of "hope street") and dechemia (john gibbons and isobel sollenberger offering the four minute "velum"). yep, right at an hour's worth of new bardo (and related) goodness. from a one-time pressing of 500 copies.

Link
Pass: trunk

http://deletedscenesforgottendreams....blimation.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.13.2007, 04:14 PM   #545
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
One of our old records turned up on the Lost In Thyme blog this week:
Salamander - Birds Of Appetite
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.14.2007, 04:39 AM   #546
sarramkrop

Excellent, thanks Savage Clone.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.15.2007, 07:37 AM   #547
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
JOHN CALE "LIVE"
Wednesday, November 14th, 2007

Here’s three different live shows spanning almost fifteen years by the great Welshman. I have no idea what year the first set with Nico comes from, since I was provided with hardly any info on it when I first got it. My guess is earlier-rather-than-later ’70s, since the material heavily leans on Nico’s post-”Chelsea Girl”/pre-”The End” period, when Cale produced “The Marble Index” and “Desertshore”.

The second is from Stockholm, Sweden, in ‘75, with guest lead guitar by Chris Spedding.) It opens with the really strong track “Autobiography”, which (I think) doesn’t appear on any Cale studio album. It’s one of his strangest, since it really is a song all about just him (I dig the lines “My name is Cale/you can call me John” and “Don’t come from near/don’t come from west/I come from Wales”). I also found it interesting that “Mercenaries”, which appears on the live album “Sabotage” from ‘79, was in his repertoire as early as four years prior. This set also features a truly wretched cover of The Doors’ “Love Me Two Times”, but we’ll forgive him –

The third and final set is from German TV’s “Rockpalast” from ‘84 — and my download of it here is unfortunately incomplete. Again, Cale starts it all off with “Autobiography”, and the funny thing is there’s ten years in-between this set and the previous one above — and yet, the two different performances of the song sound EXACTLY the same. Righteous! The one-two punch of this lead-off next to the song “Oh La La” make this set the best out of all three I’ve included here.

John Cale - En concert à l’Enfer [Live with Nico] (ZIP file)
John Cale - Stockholm, Sweden, 1975(ZIP file)
John Cale - “Rockpalast”, 1984 (ZIP file, incomplete set)
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2007, 05:17 AM   #548
sarramkrop

Punk Jazz from Macabre Land

Download:
Dull Schicksal- They Saved Hitler's Brain

Unfortunately, I was unable to find much information on this album and that includes the cover art. This image was taken from the movie trailer for the 1966 Sci-Fi film that was adapted for television from the feature film "Madmen of Mandoras" directed by David Bradley. I do know that it was released in 1991 on the Dutch Label ADM, but it's extremely hard to find.
Dull Schicksal was a Rotterdam-based band that existed from 1984 to 1999 with permanent members Lukas Simonis (guitar, synth, vocals), Hajo Doorn (drums, keyboards, vocals, also known as Raoul Goudvis), Colin McClure (accordeon, bass, sousaphone, keyboards, vocals, sometimes listed as Colin McClean), and Henk Bakker (flute, clarinet, vocals).
I can only describe "They Saved Hitler's Brain" as avant garde prog punk jazz that sounds like nothing I've ever heard before. It has elements of The Ex, Marc Ribot and Dog Faced Hermans with marching band and free-jazz textures added to it's already rich musical stew. Songs on the record veer wildly from exuberant marching band jazz to cacophonous punk within the confines of one song. "Dreigroscheneissler" is a playful tune that combines military beats and trumpets, creating a carnivalesque vibe and "Dogstabber" features haunting sound effects, marching band drum rolls and goth vocals that recall Nurse With Wound at their most macabre. These guys are stylistically all over the map.

http://music.blogranking.us/kevcor99/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2007, 09:51 AM   #549
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
savage sings, eh?
thanks for sharing that record, never heard of it but it's on my list now.

and thanks to the others.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.19.2007, 10:47 AM   #550
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Christian Wolff - Lines For String Quartet / Accompaniments For Piano

A - Lines (22:45)

violoncelo - Judiyaba; viola - Nancy Ellis; violinos - Nathan Rubin, Thomas Halpin

B - Accompaniments (21:10)

piano - Frederic Rzewski
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.24.2007, 01:09 AM   #551
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.archive.org/details/tzp16..._pyramid_album

((( vlubä ))) - the pyramid album (mp3 version) [tzp16] (October 27, 2006)

psychedelic freak noise from argentina.
cdr version coming in an evil pyramid packaging available too. with 1 more track.

This item is part of the collection: Tanzprocesz

Date: 2006-10-27
Keywords: psychedelic freak noise argentina

Download (help)

Whole directory
All files: FTP HTTP
Old 11.24.2007, 01:14 AM   #552
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

so, i'm going to post the out of print releases from my label.

KRR007: Mekedo Airono - ERES UNA PERRA Y TE VOY A VIOLAR cd-r

High end feedback explorations from Zapopan, Jalisco resident madman Omar Alejandro, a.k.a. Mekedo Airono and head of the Ala Jazz netlabel, feedback roaming thru your skull like bees' stings, all high up there in an almost meditative way.

Comes in cardboard sleeve, this one was made by Omar himself. Limited to 30 copies.

Stream: http://www.last.fm/music/Mekedo+Airo...E+VOY+A+VIOLAR

Download:
http://sharebee.com/b685fd71

KRR 001: I/C/O/C - Looks That Smell EP cd-r.

Guitar freakout and crumbling rhythms on one track, spooky frequency manipulation on another and harsh waves of sound on the last; slowly evolving music pieces.

Handmade artwork comes in a cellophane baggie with a double cover and a black and white insert; cds are spraypainted.
Limited edition of 30 copies

Stream AND download the whole album: http://www.last.fm/music/I%252FC%252...+That+Smell+EP
Old 11.26.2007, 11:21 PM   #553
LittleChandler
empty page

LittleChandler has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Could you possibly upload the Sponge one? I've been looking for it all over...
Thank you.
LittleChandler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.26.2007, 11:37 PM   #554
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleChandler
Could you possibly upload the Sponge one? I've been looking for it all over...
Thank you.

who are you talking to?
Old 11.27.2007, 05:34 PM   #555
LittleChandler
empty page

LittleChandler has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
sarramkrop (or anyone else who has it)...
LittleChandler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.28.2007, 09:44 AM   #556
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
tasty soil's first lp release is a fucked up split by thurston moore and cotton museum.
released this year, is a limited edition of 500 copies.
possibly there's still a copy available for you so, if you like it, make sure you grab one.

Thurston Moore/Cotton Museum

Old 11.28.2007, 10:14 AM   #557
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Swans - Swans EP

Daniel Galli-Duani - saxophone
Michael Gira - bass / vocals
Jonathan Kane - drums
Bob Pezzola - guitar

12" EP
Labor

Speak / Laugh / Sensitive Skin / Take Advantage

Old 11.28.2007, 12:31 PM   #558
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Swans - Filth

Michael Gira - vocals, bass, tapes
Roli Mosimann - drums, percussion
Norman Westberg - guitar
Harry Crosby - bass
Jonathan Kane - drums, percussion

LP
Neutral

Old 11.28.2007, 12:34 PM   #559
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Ike Yard - Night After Night EP

12" EP
Les Disques Du Crépuscule

Old 11.28.2007, 12:54 PM   #560
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Dark Day - Trapped EP

12" EP
Lust/Unlust Music

252627 28 29303138 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth