Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Please CNN... let Larry King just friggin' die!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.27.2007, 03:51 AM   #1
tparker
empty page

tparker is a jewel in the roughtparker is a jewel in the roughtparker is a jewel in the rough
Why, oh why was I excited to watch Larry King tonight? He was having on Paul, Ringo, Yoko + Olivia Harrison. Thought, well, not even that walking mummy could screw it up. Oh.... my..... God. Words cannot describe how embarrassing it was. At one point, he called Ringo 'George'. Um... he's dead... like you. He then proceeded to ask their opinion of Paris Hilton. I wept.

Does CNN just feel sorry for this chump? Don't they have any pity for us?
tparker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2007, 11:22 AM   #2
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, he's looked to be this great interviewer, but you're right, lately EVERY guest he has he always asks shit like "What do you make of Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan?" What the fuck does a Hillary Clinton or a Gore Vidal care about fucking Paris Hilton? I think they think what hopefully at least the majority of this board would think, and that's "Who gives a flying fuck?!" The point is to get insight on THIER lives, not some "Celebrity Slut"'s. I'd rather they answer Barbra Walter's asinine question of "What sort of tree would they like to be?"
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.27.2007, 11:37 AM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Shouldn't you be writing CNN and not the Sonic Youth messageboard?

I will agree that Larry is getting a bit old and add that he's never been a particularly great interviewer. On the other hand, the man has worked so hard and persistently for so long now that he has become a fixture in broadcasting in the process. Institutions (like CNN) tend to resist change; they have fear it could effect their bottom line.

Anyway, glad you tuned in as well. I enjoyed Larry's show last night.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth