Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Hanatarash
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.17.2008, 03:59 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Eye's INSANE band before Boredoms. Does anyone know where I can buy any, and I mean ANY of these recordding. Ive already checked Amazon and Ebay.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 04:25 PM   #2
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Hmm. Really, they're all out of print? I thought for sure a few were still in print and available on amazon. Well fuck.

These need to be reissued then..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 05:18 PM   #3
greenbird
bad moon rising

greenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's asses
CDR Reissue of one of their albums here http://www.rrrecords.com/mail_order-ek.php
greenbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2008, 06:08 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
damn right they do
Old 01.17.2008, 11:17 PM   #5
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
I got a comp named "Melt" with a song of them ( and stuff from Gerogerigegege , Merzbow , Lee Ranaldo )
I can sell it or trade it.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:04 AM   #6
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3kworqbeqw that footage is so interesting to watch
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 12:14 AM   #7
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
Eye's INSANE band before Boredoms.

If you know your history, Hanatarash wasn't so much a band as it was a series of pre organized sort of riot acts that happened in designated buildings, warehouses, and other spots in Osaka in the mid 80's. They weren't all in designated buildings and stuff, originally they did their show in rock clubs until they were permanently banned from performing in public rock clubs or venues after Eye drove a caterpillar through the wall of one club and lit off a stick of dynamite, which caused over half a million dollars in damage and a few serious injurys. Aside from the occasional drummer at their shows, Hanatarash was rarely musical. They had albums but it was more about Eye's violent performance art riot. Their live shows had almost nothing in common with the music on their albums. In fact some Hanatarash performances had no breaking or smashing of things at all, or even instruments really http://youtube.com/watch?v=L7p_C9OlN40&feature=related jesus, who in their right mind would pay to see that? God, Japan is so conformist.

Anyway, from what I've read, and heard from people, no two shows they did were alike. Some had music, some didn't, some had eye smashing things, some didn't, some even had the smashing without any music at all.
Old 01.18.2008, 08:53 AM   #8
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
If you know your history, Hanatarash wasn't so much a band as it was a series of pre organized sort of riot acts that happened in designated buildings, warehouses, and other spots in Osaka in the mid 80's. They weren't all in designated buildings and stuff, originally they did their show in rock clubs until they were permanently banned from performing in public rock clubs or venues after Eye drove a caterpillar through the wall of one club and lit off a stick of dynamite, which caused over half a million dollars in damage and a few serious injurys. Aside from the occasional drummer at their shows, Hanatarash was rarely musical. They had albums but it was more about Eye's violent performance art riot. Their live shows had almost nothing in common with the music on their albums. In fact some Hanatarash performances had no breaking or smashing of things at all, or even instruments really http://youtube.com/watch?v=L7p_C9OlN40&feature=related jesus, who in their right mind would pay to see that? God, Japan is so conformist.

Anyway, from what I've read, and heard from people, no two shows they did were alike. Some had music, some didn't, some had eye smashing things, some didn't, some even had the smashing without any music at all.

are you seriously going to be that pompous? i know what the fuck they did. theyre still a band.
Old 01.18.2008, 10:12 AM   #9
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
spotted this....

from this site if thats any help
Old 01.18.2008, 11:26 AM   #10
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
one of my favorite noise bands of all time.

i was going to point out that rrr had some of their stuff. harbinger sound recently released a collaboration between them and evil moisture, haven't heard it thought.

i thought aids-a-delic was pretty easy to find?

anyway, that eyeball guy is kinda bullshitting you, the band started as yamatsuka's one man harsh noise project called hanatarashi (the "i" at the end denotes singular) he would record from his house inspired by merzbow, hijokaidan, masonna, incapacitants, etc. eye couldn't go see these bands live as he lived in osaka. these recordings started circulating and he got asked to play shows, that's when he seeked out people to play with him and they became hanatarash.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 02:07 PM   #11
batreleaser
invito al cielo

i know everything about this band there is to know, all im asking for is reliable sources on how to find their recordings. musical snobberey (not talking to you everyneurotic youre a cool dude in my book) really pisses me off.
Old 01.18.2008, 02:08 PM   #12
batreleaser
invito al cielo

thanks for the rrr link though, when im back in boston ill probably order it off there since lowell is very close to where i live in mass. closer than where i live in tucson, anyways.
Old 01.18.2008, 03:51 PM   #13
greenbird
bad moon rising

greenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's assesgreenbird kicks all y'all's asses
You can download Aids-A-Delic and Total Retardation here: http://batinabox.com/music/Hanatarash/
greenbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 04:19 PM   #14
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

I am not bullshitting you. Everything I said is true. They were a studio band who rarely performed live ( after the caterpillar incident ), and when they did, every show was different, and rarely had anything to do with the music on their albums ( or sometimes music at all ). And they were eventually completely banned from performing in any live clubs anywhere in japan so they started performing in warehouses and abandoned buildings.

What of that is bullshit? Could you maybe read what I write first?
Old 01.18.2008, 04:56 PM   #15
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
one of my favorite noise bands of all time.

i was going to point out that rrr had some of their stuff. harbinger sound recently released a collaboration between them and evil moisture, haven't heard it thought.

i thought aids-a-delic was pretty easy to find?

anyway, that eyeball guy is kinda bullshitting you, the band started as yamatsuka's one man harsh noise project called hanatarashi (the "i" at the end denotes singular) he would record from his house inspired by merzbow, hijokaidan, masonna, incapacitants, etc. eye couldn't go see these bands live as he lived in osaka. these recordings started circulating and he got asked to play shows, that's when he seeked out people to play with him and they became hanatarash.

Not to debate silly details, but I think Hijokaidan, Masonna and maybe Incapacitants were all from Osaka.
Jojo from Hijokaidan actually works in the Alchemy records store in Osaka, and Masonna (at one point in time at least) works in a vintage clothing shop nearby. You can go stalk them if you wish.

p.s. Not trying to dispute your knowledge, Mr. Neurotic, I just happen to know those things first hand.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2008, 11:56 PM   #16
batreleaser
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I am not bullshitting you. Everything I said is true. They were a studio band who rarely performed live ( after the caterpillar incident ), and when they did, every show was different, and rarely had anything to do with the music on their albums ( or sometimes music at all ). And they were eventually completely banned from performing in any live clubs anywhere in japan so they started performing in warehouses and abandoned buildings.

What of that is bullshit? Could you maybe read what I write first?

everybody knows that dude. that was the whole point of hanatarash. i have no idea why you feel like thats groundbreaking information.
Old 01.19.2008, 12:39 AM   #17
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

When did I say it was groundbreaking? jesus christ, I simply posted some stuff about their history and you immediately say it's bullshit and call me pompous. When I ask you what it was I said that was bullshit you can't answer because it's all valid. Please read what people say.
Old 01.19.2008, 06:24 AM   #18
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
do you know whats funny... in a thread about
Hanatarash

people give out about musical snobbery!
Old 01.19.2008, 06:28 AM   #19
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
noise.as has a few things for sale, but they tend to be bloody expensive:

http://www.noise.as/taxonomy/term/15?page=2
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.19.2008, 07:27 AM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
do you know whats funny... in a thread about
Hanatarash

people give out about musical snobbery!

I laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth