Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Bands that used to suck but now rock VS bands that used to rock but now suck
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2012, 03:24 AM   #41
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
My point is that why persons like demonrail who I think is quite regular here have also to join in that negativism?

Ego, boredom and self-loathing, mainly.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2012, 04:06 AM   #42
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Ego, boredom and self-loathing, mainly.

Well, I maybe repeating myself, but I´m not really against anybody personally or anybody´s music taste. I am against negativism generally and specially when it´s considering SY. I am also against stereotypes like "It´s fact SY turned to shit in the nineties" or "All bands turn to shit when they get older". Maybe everybody who don´t like SY newest records have really listened them, but I don´t believe it. It´s just that people very easily start saying stereotypes they have heard somewhere.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2012, 07:34 AM   #43
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
"bands that used to rock but now suck"

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, has anybody said Sonic Youth yet?
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2012, 10:56 PM   #44
Tickerwelly
little trouble girl

Tickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's assesTickerwelly kicks all y'all's asses
Sucks Now (or later in their career):
Mercury Rev
Frank Zappa
Aerosmith, Metallica, Black Sabbath,The Cars, ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd (Lots of classic rock bands)
RHCP
Radiohead

Used to suck:
Melvins (Pre Lysol was garbage)
Sonic Youth (starts liking at Sister-hated NYC G &F however)
Oneida (first album is horrific)
Melt Banana (got better when they made actual songs)
Old 08.01.2012, 11:43 PM   #45
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't understand why you worry so much if someone doesn't appreciate SY’s latest output, or any of their other records for that matter, as much as you do.

On the internet music forums I visit it’s not often that I’ve witnessed genuine cases of one individual persuading another with what it is that they’re missing about a particular record or a band without retorting to off-handed comments or passive-aggressive rhetoric directly connected to an often questionable sense of superiority which maintains its pace purely because it’s hidden by the smoke and mirrors provided by not having an exchange face to face. Positive outcomes in that sort of scenario do occur, of course, and it’s great when you establish that sort of communication with someone you have never met in the flesh, but this sort of forum tends for the most part to attract too many dickheads who imagine they are winning a sort of self-esteem war by putting down someone’s music taste over theirs. And said dickheads often win that sort of futile war when they are constantly fed new victims who foolishly and naively believe that one’s own taste in music is something you constantly have to defend at all cost.

I used to think this was only true of some bored teen with no money to go out and no girlfriend, but after witnessing for the umpteenth time grown men falling out of friendship on more exposing websites like Facebook because of a divergence of opinion on the value of fucking Suede or Black Sabbath, this sort of behaviour is symptomatic of a breed of music fan differing vastly in age and with substantial similarities in their own cretinism.

Ha! this is awesome
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth