Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sun City Girls are Wacked and Wonderful!!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.19.2008, 07:26 AM   #141
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
fugazifan, taking the words out of my mouth.

Box of Chameleons is my favorite (or FOLK SONGS OF THE RICH AND EVIL or whatever the fuck it's called) and probably the best place to start since it has every aspect of their music contained within.

I dunno, start anywhere, they have some shit where they're just jamming and jerking off, but I'd say 80-90% of their 100+ records are great. At this point, I have everything they've ever done except a few of the casettes like great american tricksters. I'd say the ones on experimentaletc blog and on the other blog I posted a few pages back are definitely the ones you NEED, though.. just get em all man... brilliant shit. Too brilliant to even comprehend really.

After much thought though I think my favorite thing related to SCG in any way, though, is sir richard bishop's salvadore kali. What an amazing album.. my next "classics album" post btw..

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2008, 10:38 AM   #142
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I own 51 SCG cds, tapes, and vunyl and I only dislike 3 out of those records. Crazy consistency.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.19.2008, 10:42 AM   #143
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Salvador Kali is definitely one of the better SCG-related albums.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.27.2008, 11:17 AM   #144
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-CITY-GIRLS--...123132003r2339

IT'S BAAAAAAAACK!

Old 11.30.2008, 06:54 PM   #145
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

the only scg albums I'm missing are cloaven theater tape # 3 and audio letter to mitch meyers... well, I'm missing a few of the soundtracks but they've never been released, so what can I do? Track down the original copies of the films and try to rip the soundtrack as much as possible? It's a possibility.

Also, if you have soulseek, add jandekfahey.. that's my slsk account on my mom's computer.. anyway, I'm sharing a cloaven video.. it's like 708mb, otherwise I'd upload it somewhere. I think I'm going to try to get my friend to burn it on dvd for me.

Since they're not linked on the other blogs, here's some cloaven cassettes:

hatchet rain - http://www.mediafire.com/?md2zc152ugw
famous asthma - http://www.mediafire.com/?g4r1j0mzyz2
to cover up your right to live - http://www.mediafire.com/?ztaw4dmyzm0
fresh kill of a cape hunting dog - http://www.mediafire.com/?hd2wgxzmdez
god is my solar system - http://www.mediafire.com/?ncpz97niby8

Also, here's eddy detroit's "philosopher's journey", this sun city girls related (you may know eddy's name from scg's immortal gods release) - http://www.mediafire.com/?41qi2aydcjn

I'm currently listening to guns of the chupacabra soundtrack by scg. Great shit.

Old 11.30.2008, 06:58 PM   #146
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
ha
i'll add you on slsk later on
kool
don't ban me mofo!
hahahahaha
Old 11.30.2008, 07:00 PM   #147
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Haha, okay, it's not the account I usually use, so there'll be like kanye west and toby keith songs on it and shit. I just happened to download that on my mom's computer and it's too big of a file to transfer to the computer I usually use today.

Old 11.30.2008, 07:06 PM   #148
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
er i'm not adding you then cuz I have all sorts of crazy super shit to share!!!
Old 11.30.2008, 07:07 PM   #149
greedrex
invito al cielo

You let us believe you know yr shit and then you come up and tell us you listen K West and Toby keith.
RIP OFF / FAKE ELITIST
Old 11.30.2008, 07:08 PM   #150
greedrex
invito al cielo

I want a refund.
Old 11.30.2008, 07:09 PM   #151
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Haha it's my mom's computer!

There's a folder that says sharri's songs. Sharri's my mom.

Old 11.30.2008, 09:15 PM   #152
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Alright, Harold, start up that mower! Someday I'm gonna get me a ranch down in Buckeye. I'm gonna breed jealousy and rage. I'm gonna get me a girlfriend that grows clear hair and name her Horse Cock Phepner. Then I'll take her daughter's polaroid and introduce her to my prophet toy. I'm gonna take her picture and hold it up like a mirror to every girl and boy. I'll change her into a welldigger by day and a Calvinist by night. She'll be predestined to become an evil Jesus and kill every witch on sight. I'll take her down to the melon patch for all the folks to see, that she's as ripe as a cantalope and as invisible as me. Oh she'll buck and snort and chew her nails and holler up a storm . . . the wind will blow the clouds on in and the cumulus will form. The rain will make the rhubarb grow and the sun will make them think, then I'll pour myself some Wesson Oil and sit back and have a drink. Now I had a child once, I named him pork and beans, so he'd grow up in a hostile environment and fulfill all his parents' dreams. Yeah, I saw Dan Blocker in Playdead magazine with a soaking wet brassiere on. Your horse knows me. I had a turkey that drowned like that once. They shoot horses, don't they? WAKE UP SAM! THEY'RE PLAYING CHOPIN!

Old 11.30.2008, 09:39 PM   #153
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
the only scg albums I'm missing are cloaven theater tape # 3 and audio letter to mitch meyers... well, I'm missing a few of the soundtracks but they've never been released, so what can I do? Track down the original copies of the films and try to rip the soundtrack as much as possible? It's a possibility.

Also, if you have soulseek, add jandekfahey.. that's my slsk account on my mom's computer.. anyway, I'm sharing a cloaven video.. it's like 708mb, otherwise I'd upload it somewhere. I think I'm going to try to get my friend to burn it on dvd for me.

Since they're not linked on the other blogs, here's some cloaven cassettes:

hatchet rain - http://www.mediafire.com/?md2zc152ugw
famous asthma - http://www.mediafire.com/?g4r1j0mzyz2
to cover up your right to live - http://www.mediafire.com/?ztaw4dmyzm0
fresh kill of a cape hunting dog - http://www.mediafire.com/?hd2wgxzmdez
god is my solar system - http://www.mediafire.com/?ncpz97niby8

Also, here's eddy detroit's "philosopher's journey", this sun city girls related (you may know eddy's name from scg's immortal gods release) - http://www.mediafire.com/?41qi2aydcjn

I'm currently listening to guns of the chupacabra soundtrack by scg. Great shit.

wuv!!!!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2008, 01:33 AM   #154
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.

thanks so much for these

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2008, 09:13 PM   #155
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

what's this?

and thanks for saving me an Eddy Detroit LP rip, but it's just 128 so i will probably get around to doing a proper rip at some point.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.01.2008, 10:52 PM   #156
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to Grotto of Miracles earlier, its prolly the most Ive heard them play around with Noise Rock and Skrony Guitars while still remaining the mystics they are.
Old 12.02.2008, 01:08 AM   #157
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
have you heard valentine for matahari?

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.02.2008, 01:34 AM   #158
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Narlus, it's just some soundtrack they did.. they've done about 12 soundtracks but most don't have "official" releases -- yet..

I'm discovering new scg shit all the time. every time I think my collection is complete..... I jsut found one I'd never heard of on soulseek called instruments of torture. This dude on there named Edweena has a great collection, about 10 bootlegs.. someone sent me cloven theater # 3 today so all I need is audio letter to mitch meyers and my collection (according to the official scg discography at least) is complete.. then it's on to bootlegs..

New Session People for the win.

Old 12.02.2008, 09:49 AM   #159
batreleaser
invito al cielo

yeah, they have a never ending discography it seems like
Old 12.02.2008, 10:21 AM   #160
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Narlus, it's just some soundtrack they did.. they've done about 12 soundtracks but most don't have "official" releases -- yet..

I'm discovering new scg shit all the time. every time I think my collection is complete..... I jsut found one I'd never heard of on soulseek called instruments of torture. This dude on there named Edweena has a great collection, about 10 bootlegs.. someone sent me cloven theater # 3 today so all I need is audio letter to mitch meyers and my collection (according to the official scg discography at least) is complete.. then it's on to bootlegs..

New Session People for the win.

do you have all the comp tracks too? I've got a lot of them, but not all i think.

i should be getting my package from Alan soon though; looking forward to that.

traded some photos for some music.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth