Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page This 24 hour Flaming Lips song...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.02.2011, 05:54 PM   #21
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
It played for 24 hours on my computer. Granted, the speakers where turned down to zero while my wife and kids slept and I was at work, but it did play for over 24 hours. I enjoyed "dropping in" at various points. I would love to have a DL of this on my MP3 player so I could listen as my time allows. I would love to see them do a SYR type series with something like this.

Almost perfect for surfing the net and reading SYG!

Yeah, the music's alright, but wouldn't it be nice if we could, like, put it in a cd player and, like, play it?

I'm sure it'll be available in two-hour increments at media soon enough. That is, if anyone actually buys the $5000 gummy skull with a viagina in the back an bothers to upload it.

So prolly never.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2011, 06:13 PM   #22
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
there is virtually no point in this as a piece of real music. It exists as an artistic statement and nothing more... listening to 2 hours of it in exerpt will not provide you with any insight.... theyre taking the piss out of you!

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2011, 11:33 AM   #23
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
what's better than 24 hours of The Flaming Lips?

an entire year.

http://soundcloud.com/year-of-the-lips
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2011, 04:17 PM   #24
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
there is virtually no point in this as a piece of real music. It exists as an artistic statement and nothing more... listening to 2 hours of it in exerpt will not provide you with any insight.... theyre taking the piss out of you!

Yeah, I agree and I'm the biggest Lips fan I've ever met.

They're fucking with us. On one hand it's absurdly funny, on the other hand it's completely polarizing. Deliberately taking the piss, just like you said.

I'm not on board with this. It would be cool as just a free stream, but not as a $5000 human skull. They're making it sound like it's a serious project, but it's just a multi-thousand dollar fuck-around, that will force at least a few retardedly devoted Lips fans to break the bank.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2012, 11:16 AM   #25
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
Never liked this band at all. Something about that Wayne guy is just...
LSD burnout bullshit. He kinda seems like an asshole too. Like he's full of himself.
wayne is awesome and pretty much drug free now
he is just very confident.

it took me years to appreciate the lips but i am fucking addicted now. the music is far from bullshit

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2012, 12:05 PM   #26
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
No. I like the Flaming Lips but after seeing them a few times foreverkissass has Wayne right. Dood is an ass who is full of himself. I've said this many times before, but the dood just spews out bullshit throughout the whole show.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.29.2012, 09:35 PM   #27
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
"What is the life that surrounds you? Is it chemically derived" Wayne Coyle

Old 06.29.2012, 09:40 PM   #28
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
might have to give them another shot if SONIC GAIL like em.

bought Yoshimi at the time it came out and thought. meh.
me too!!!!!!! I was even growing up during thier hayday, but they r really a band that you r sort of hesitant to love. After a few listens you are hopelessly in love.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth