Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Sincerely underrated bands...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.17.2010, 12:26 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have a Versus split 7" and the two Versus songs on it fucking RULE
Old 06.17.2010, 12:35 PM   #22
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Kilslug, the most underrated band ever, it almost goes without saying.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 01:28 PM   #23
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Kilslug, the most underrated band ever, it almost goes without saying.

narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 02:30 PM   #24
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I dont really talk to people about music in the real world, or online either, so i dont really know who is rated and who isnt, so i'll just go on my perceptions of the media and other people

The Shadow Ring
I only discovered them recently, and the fact id never heard of them until about a year ago suggests to me a criminal lack of recognition, considering theyre one of the most altering things ive ever heard. Theyre probably the first band ive felt annoyed at not having heard when i was younger, say 5 or 6 years ago. I envy those of you who are 19/20 and have the means to find their music.

Supergrass
They never did an "important" album like the Manics or Radiohead, they never became "massive" like Coldplay or Muse, they were never assosciated with "indie-cred" when i was growing up like idlewild or feeder, they just wrote fantastic little songs.
The band that both Newsround and Newsnight review forgot.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 02:48 PM   #25
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
some of these bands aren't top-shelf, but i think are at least worthwhile and don't get a lot of attention:

walkingseeds
sister ray
gray matter/senator flux
sylvia juncosa
bill direen/bilders
whoever is behind Jim Collins/Boots/Arian Sample/Tommy Roundtree/Nemo 2000
Steven R Smith
walkabouts
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 05:29 PM   #26
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I dont really talk to people about music in the real world, or online either, so i dont really know who is rated and who isnt, so i'll just go on my perceptions of the media and other people

The Shadow Ring
I only discovered them recently, and the fact id never heard of them until about a year ago suggests to me a criminal lack of recognition, considering theyre one of the most altering things ive ever heard. Theyre probably the first band ive felt annoyed at not having heard when i was younger, say 5 or 6 years ago. I envy those of you who are 19/20 and have the means to find their music.

Supergrass
They never did an "important" album like the Manics or Radiohead, they never became "massive" like Coldplay or Muse, they were never assosciated with "indie-cred" when i was growing up like idlewild or feeder, they just wrote fantastic little songs.
The band that both Newsround and Newsnight review forgot.

Shadow Ring is most definitely not underrated by those that are aware of them, but I'm glad you brought them up, love that band and Lambkin's solo work.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2010, 11:52 PM   #27
Decayed Rhapsody
the destroyed room

Decayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's assesDecayed Rhapsody kicks all y'all's asses
Steven R. Smith is brilliant, along with all his side projects. Jeweled Antler Collective in general did some amazing stuff in the 90's and it doesn't seem to be remembered...
Decayed Rhapsody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2010, 01:37 AM   #28
Better_Than_Deux
children of satan

Better_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_Deux kicks all y'all's asses
nikki minaj

Better_Than_Deux is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth