Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page favorite member of wu-tang clan?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2009, 09:14 PM   #101
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnKGL...eature=related
aka ghostface saying, "quit downloading my albums!"

haha

He is right, though, considering 50 cent and shit selling a billion copies a day is ridiculous...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2009, 09:41 PM   #102
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^ Gotta love the drum head collection in the background.
Old 06.04.2009, 11:03 PM   #103
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
On the other hand...

Unlike the average hip hop musician, he has shown little or no concern about illegal downloading, for he simply wants to be seen and heard. He was once asked if he was worried about illegal downloading of his music:
“ Naw, when I make music, I make it to be heard, personally. And, if somebody download it, if they heard it, then my job was delivered. Of course I love to make the money. I get million dollar album budgets, so of course there's money involved with it. But, personally, as a musician, as an artist, the first thing is to be seen and heard. If you're not seen and heard, who cares? I was talking to Jim Jarmusch and he was like, somebody see his film, the guy's happy. He don't care. He wants somebody to see his art and appreciate it and that's how I feel about my music also. I never got pissed off at the Internet kids with the downloading. In fact, I told them, 'Help yourself. Have a good time.- RZA

Old 06.04.2009, 11:14 PM   #104
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

RZA has stated Ennio Morricone, Mark E. Smith, Syl Johnson, Marley Marl, Augustus Pablo and Danny Elfman as musicians he is fond of.

MARK E SMITH!?

For some reason, I can't see RZA rocking out to "Spector vs. Rector".. but maybe!

Old 06.05.2009, 06:57 AM   #105
kittymagic
little trouble girl

kittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard suckakittymagic cold hard sucka
RZA is my favourite coz he did that album 'the world according to RZA' with all those european people
kittymagic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.05.2009, 07:19 AM   #106
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymagic
RZA is my favourite coz he did that album 'the world according to RZA' with all those european people

that's a good album.

Anyone have the import GHOSTDOG sndtrk? It's the actual score by RZA, not the Wu-tracks.
Old 06.05.2009, 11:16 PM   #107
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
RZA- close second- Ghostface
Old 06.06.2009, 07:44 AM   #108
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i like the black motherfuckin bitch slappin homie who is rad in the hood breaking with the bitches and gold bling in teeth and has no vowels in his mother fucking name...bitch!
Old 06.06.2009, 08:11 AM   #109
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
"I got beef with commercial-ass niggas with gold teeth"--Raekwon
Old 06.06.2009, 08:59 AM   #110
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses

ha! funny an instrumental rap album....the irony!!!
Old 06.06.2009, 09:25 AM   #111
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses

Sometimes they can be cool companion pieces.
Old 06.06.2009, 10:18 AM   #112
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
which solo RZA record would people recommend? i have like 10-15 wu-related albums, but not a single solo rza
Old 06.06.2009, 10:57 AM   #113
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Bobby! Bobby! Digi! Digi!

I understand why it's not seen as a true Wu classic by a lot of people, but personally I fucking love it.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2009, 11:09 AM   #114
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Digi Snacks is the best Bobby Digital album
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2009, 11:33 AM   #115
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ghostface, odb and the rza, in that order.

ghostface live was great, he was telling his dj to skip tracks everytime he didn't want to do a song, he skipped like about 30 songs.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2009, 01:36 PM   #116
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Digi Snacks is the best Bobby Digital album

I don't actually have Digi Snacks. Will have to check that out. Like I said though, I think "...In Stereo" isvery underrated, although that's partly because it was one of the first Wu albums I ever bought.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2009, 01:44 PM   #117
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah it is, I didn't mean to diminish its status in any manner by the way. It is great. "Domestic Violence" and "Mantis" rule. I just think Digi Snacks is generally more focused and cohesive, acheiving maybe what RZA set out to do with the Bobby Digital character finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHXGhuzmw_A "Can't Stop Me Now" - album version is much longer btw, has a verse from Inspectah Deck and a long intro skit..

The musical textures on this Digi Snacks are really fantastic, evidenced sort of by the above video there.. the guitar sound, the vintage-soul sounding vocals.. his rhymes on this album are all great too. I can't even explain why I like it so much but its one of my favourite Wu-related albums after Liquid Swords.
Old 06.06.2009, 01:47 PM   #118
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses

Satan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2009, 01:49 PM   #119
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

shame on you when you step through to the ol dirty bastard straight from the brooklyn zoo
Old 06.06.2009, 02:43 PM   #120
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
i like digi snacks alot but i think it's kind of half ass sometimes, i love the ideas but some of the songs are executed in a corny way, they were alot better live, long time coming is good on the album, but live it was pretty much the best track i've ever heard in my life
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth