Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Teenager; Empire of the Sun; PNAU; Ladyhawke ...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.15.2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Since Pop has been such a hot topic around here lately...

Australia has been turning out some great pop music lately and all of the bands in my thread title are somehow related to mastermind Nick Littlemore.

Eclipse Broadcast by Empire of the Sun, one of Littlemore's bands

Baby by PNAU, another of Littlemore's bands (love the song, but the vid's a little too precious for me)

Alone Again by Teenager, ANOTHER of Littlemore's bands, this time with Pip Brown aka...

Ladyhawke: Paris is Burning

As you can hear, all of these acts sound totally different but I've totally been enjoying everything by all four of them. The 'Alone Again' song is bar-none one of my favorite pop tunes of the last 5 years. That 'Eclipse Broadcast' bit is insane as well.
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
I reckon Nick Littlemore plays in coke snorting fagget bands. Here's two great pop bands from Australia...

ROYAL HEADACHE (better recording here)
KITCHEN'S FLOOR
Old 08.15.2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
The fact that a full-on cunt such as yourself recommended them, makes me hesitant to try the links.
Old 08.15.2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Ladyhawke slays here. But, y'know, Miley and Girls Aloud destroy all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 09:30 PM   #5
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
All bands in the title suck full on dick through a fuckin straw
Sonic Youth Gossip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 09:38 PM   #6
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
SYG what the fuck happened. There used to be a day where discussing bands like this would be unspeakable, but here we are, talking about how great all these shitty artists are (including GaGa, seriously what the fuck). It seems to be some novelty to me or something, otherwise I cannot at all fathom how such incredibly mediocre bands could be a topic of conversation on the message board one of the most talented bands in the world.

My best friend met Pnau once, and one of them (the one in empire of the sun and teenager) turned out to be a right cunt. It doesn't surprise me given how incredibly pretentious and overhyped his music is.

But seriously, SYG.
Seriously
ಠ_ಠ
Old 08.15.2009, 10:23 PM   #7
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
http://rocktypestuffforever.ytmnd.com/
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2009, 11:23 PM   #8
Green Magnesium
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
SYG what the fuck happened. There used to be a day where discussing bands like this would be unspeakable, but here we are, talking about how great all these shitty artists are (including GaGa, seriously what the fuck). It seems to be some novelty to me or something, otherwise I cannot at all fathom how such incredibly mediocre bands could be a topic of conversation on the message board one of the most talented bands in the world.

My best friend met Pnau once, and one of them (the one in empire of the sun and teenager) turned out to be a right cunt. It doesn't surprise me given how incredibly pretentious and overhyped his music is.

But seriously, SYG.
Seriously
ಠ_ಠ

Fuck you. He insulted me when he used the term "fagget bands", I felt I was fully in my rights to call him a cunt.

Never have I known such a miserable fucking group of twats. I wish I could say we agree to disagree over our musical preferences... but this board is full of so many self-righteous tools who hold their opinions as almighty truth. You're one of the prime offenders you fucking piece of shit.

I'm glad homophobia is okay when a poster is a... "fucking legend" (quoted phrase courtesy of newbie douche, Sonic Youth Gossip).

I'm out.
Old 08.16.2009, 12:24 AM   #9
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Magnesium
Fuck you. He insulted me when he used the term "fagget bands", I felt I was fully in my rights to call him a cunt.

Never have I known such a miserable fucking group of twats. I wish I could say we agree to disagree over our musical preferences... but this board is full of so many self-righteous tools who hold their opinions as almighty truth. You're one of the prime offenders you fucking piece of shit.

I'm glad homophobia is okay when a poster is a... "fucking legend" (quoted phrase courtesy of newbie douche, Sonic Youth Gossip).

I'm out.

That's why i post.
Old 08.16.2009, 12:28 AM   #10
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
I reckon Nick Littlemore plays in coke snorting fagget bands. Here's two great pop bands from Australia...

ROYAL HEADACHE (better recording here)
KITCHEN'S FLOOR

when dudes use the word fagget, they are trying to imply that they the speaker of said insult are an insensitive manly hetero. in fact they just sound like an asshole.
Old 08.16.2009, 01:32 AM   #11
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

Onani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's assesOnani Nic kicks all y'all's asses
Maybe the reason why I hate Nick Littlemore and Luke Steel so much is because there type of characters are considered valid in the Australian music industry. It's all about these profound or deep or otherworldly characters using popular music as their "creative outlet". Being a Mike Watt "everyman" type of person with a realistic, down to earth approach, that isn't concerned about the typical audeince/artist/industry heirarchy isn't shit.

I don't mean fag it in a homophobic way, I use it to describe creative types that make overly-dramatic, dishonest, impersonal music with their own personal interests in mind. I guess I am a bit of an insensitive manly hetro, just sick of all the puncey, excessive artistic attitudes. Need more of that middle America noone cares but let's get shit happening anyway approach.
Old 08.16.2009, 03:53 AM   #12
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Magnesium

I'm out.
Holy shit this has to be one of the most entertaining posts on this board. Exactly the kinda butthurt behaviour I'd expect from one who starts such a shitty thread.

Seriously how old are you? Judging by this posts I'd have to say you're 14, you seem to be just like one of those "self-righteous tools" you describe. Also calling me a "fucking piece of shit" bought a few laughs, where do you think you are, primary school? Dude this is a message board, posting shit like that is just hilarious, not insulting in the slightest.

And don't go bagging my man Sonic Youth Gossip, he's been lurking way longer than you've even been a member.
Old 08.16.2009, 06:27 AM   #13
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
What a prick you are, eh?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 08.16.2009, 06:37 AM   #14
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Sonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth Gossip kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah being a real prick by being fair and not irrational like Magnesium
Old 08.16.2009, 07:06 AM   #15
Gogogonorrhea
little trouble girl

Gogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's asses
Who says no to pop music says no to life.
Old 08.16.2009, 09:00 AM   #16
Onani Nic
the end of the ugly

I have no problem with pop music as long as it's fine with being pop music. When the bands mentioned above music flirt with pop music they do it in such a way that they think they're better than pop music. I'd rather Lady Gaga, Girls Aloud, Destinys Child or The Sugarbabes anyday.

I also have no problems with bands being nostalgic or obviously referential. Hardcore punk can still be great in 2009 (labels like Fashionable Idiots proving this) and when bands try real hard to be unique you get bullshit like Battles.
Old 08.16.2009, 10:42 AM   #17
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins

But seriously, SYG.
Seriously
ಠ_ಠ

You forget of the time when all you used to talk about was fucking Authecre, with short pauses to post your ambient stuff. Every day. In every thread. Always.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2009, 10:58 AM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

That was him? What a boring prick!

Quote:
Old 08.16.2009, 08:04 PM   #19
avantgarde1
the end of the ugly

avantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's assesavantgarde1 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
You forget of the time when all you used to talk about was fucking Authecre, with short pauses to post your ambient stuff. Every day. In every thread. Always.
Maybe just a liiiiitle bit of a generalisation.

You'll find that 99% of people that know Autechre would much, much rather discuss them than shitty electro-pop acts from Australia.

If I'm anything to go by, avoid Australian music at all costs.

(and Glice don't get me started on you. You are the prickiest of all pricks and you damn well know it )

avantgarde1 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2009, 08:12 PM   #20
Sonic Youth Gossip
stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
how is autechre anything like Empire of the Sun/generic electro band #2/generic electro band #3?

if you don't like them, whatever, really. but I think there's a teensy bit of a difference in terms of quality.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth