Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Movie Soundtrack Albums
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.03.2008, 08:10 AM   #61
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Speaking of Lynch, Toto did DUNE.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2009, 07:33 PM   #62
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Okay I am going nuts over Bollywood composers right about now. Satyajit Ray, Shankar, Jaikishan, Ali Akbar Khan, Jyotitindra Moitra.. DAMNN. Anywhere I can get my hands on some more of this sort of thing, chaps?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2009, 08:00 PM   #63
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
wow, nice to see this thread return. But it's almost too large a subject to tackle. My wife's entire music library is pretty much made up of movie scores/soundtracks/whathaveyou. There's some amazing ones.

anyway. 2 I think everyone should own off the top of my head:

1. Les Baxter - The Dunwich Horror
2. Prince And The Revolution - Purple Rain

straight up.
Old 05.03.2009, 08:17 PM   #64
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite soundtrack of all time is Goblin's for "Beyond the Darkness".

in 1820 a man named fuck you one day he was fucking you until a fuck you came by and fucked him the next morning fuck you was nowhere to be seen 100 years later fuck you went in the fuck you this comment tonight when u go to sleep the fuck yous and fuck you will come and fuck you but you can fuck you by fuck you on 5 other fuck you by midnight

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2009, 08:18 PM   #65
noisereductions
invito al cielo

pretty much anything by Goblin is worth picking up. Mmm. Ever hear their score for THE ENTITY???
Old 05.03.2009, 09:04 PM   #66
vulva
the end of the ugly

vulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's assesvulva kicks all y'all's asses
Irréversible
Old 05.03.2009, 09:06 PM   #67
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
yes

and yes

Old 05.03.2009, 09:19 PM   #68
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't know they'd released a soundtrack album of Irreversible. Interesting.

Although i've only been able to watch the film once. i don't know if I could deal with the sounds that accompanied it. That film screwed me up for a good few days.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2009, 09:30 PM   #69
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
didnt boredoms minus eye do the soundtrack to ichi the killer?

ill be the 100th person to say lynch...alot of godard's work with soundtracks is worth mentioning...if only for the fact that he slices the tunes up and arbitrarily begins and ends segments of them whenever he feels like it...a woman is a woman, week-end, probably others
Old 05.03.2009, 09:30 PM   #70
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
pi?
Old 05.04.2009, 05:49 AM   #71
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

yep

Old 05.04.2009, 09:43 AM   #72
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
my favorites are

underground
time of the gypsies
the thabor goes toward the sky(or something like that)
superfly
the house by the cemetary
suspiria
rockers
the harder they come
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 10:19 AM   #73
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Soundtracks that stand-out for me are: Psycho 3 (the main theme was sampled by Aim for Cold Water Music - its beautiful yet slightly creepy, so unusual for a derivative horror-film!), Susperia, Midnight Cowboy (probably my favourite, actually), Betty Blue (main piano theme, and weird fairground music), Irreversible (the queasy-sounding loop and distorted beat) then the more obvious choices: A Clockwork Orange, Taxi Driver, Manhattan, Once Upon A Time In America.

Christiana F. too if I can name one soundtrack which isn't original. It uses lots of Bowie's ambient songs from Low and Heros to good effect.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 10:50 AM   #74
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
eraserhead
morricone's a man with no name trilogy
lucifer rising

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 10:51 AM   #75
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
goblin was fucking awesome. so wierd. those were soundtrack that without them, the films wouldn't be half as good as they were. me personally, tenebre>suspiria, film and music wise.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 04:24 PM   #76
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Okay I am going nuts over Bollywood composers right about now. Satyajit Ray, Shankar, Jaikishan, Ali Akbar Khan, Jyotitindra Moitra.. DAMNN. Anywhere I can get my hands on some more of this sort of thing, chaps?
have you heard sublime frequencies bollywood string guitar soundtrack? its like indian surf psychedelica
really bizzare and cool album

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 06:37 PM   #77
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Obvious as all hell but whatever...

Love the Dead Man pick, and Life Aquatic, and Suspiria. The Forbidden Planet and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly(own this one on record) soundtracks are winners too.

I'd add the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind soundtrack. And the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind soundtrack.
Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 06:51 PM   #78
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
have you heard sublime frequencies bollywood string guitar soundtrack? its like indian surf psychedelica
really bizzare and cool album

No but the words 'indian surf psychedelica' all together like that are getting me excited.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.04.2009, 06:53 PM   #79
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I used to have the soundtrack to Cabaret. I love that movie. I wish I still had that record.
Old 05.05.2009, 12:23 AM   #80
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
No but the words 'indian surf psychedelica' all together like that are getting me excited.
check yr facebook messages

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth