Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Merzbow and the Haters - banned productions CD
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.10.2008, 10:47 PM   #1
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Got this bad boy from Volcanic Tongue. It's a reissue of a cassette tape from 1987. Three tracks: first one is Merzbow, second is Haters, third is a showdown between the two. This is the recording that Thurston mentions in the poem liner notes to his Sensitive/Lethal disk. And I'm wont to agree with Thurston on this one, it is indeed 'thee quintessential.'
The Haters track in particular is sublime. Really gorgeous yet destructive noise. I think it's one of the most beautifully crafted slabs of noise/drone I ever heard. Monolithic enough to nod out to yet plenty of minimal subtleties to keep part of yr consciousness engaged. It also furthers my theory that GX-Jupiter Larson is a genius.
So yeh, I cannae recommend this one enough.
Anyone else into this?
Old 10.10.2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Not heard it, but it sounds awesome. I'm more into The Haters than Merzbow overall, but the collaboration must be pretty amazing too.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 02:13 AM   #3
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, the haters are one of my favorite noise groups/artists ever, in my top 10 easily. merzbow, not so much, i still like him though.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 04:47 AM   #4
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
Got this bad boy from Volcanic Tongue. It's a reissue of a cassette tape from 1987. Three tracks: first one is Merzbow, second is Haters, third is a showdown between the two. This is the recording that Thurston mentions in the poem liner notes to his Sensitive/Lethal disk. And I'm wont to agree with Thurston on this one, it is indeed 'thee quintessential.'
The Haters track in particular is sublime. Really gorgeous yet destructive noise. I think it's one of the most beautifully crafted slabs of noise/drone I ever heard. Monolithic enough to nod out to yet plenty of minimal subtleties to keep part of yr consciousness engaged. It also furthers my theory that GX-Jupiter Larson is a genius.
So yeh, I cannae recommend this one enough.
Anyone else into this?

yes i've got this too, i really like the last track the best

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 05:14 AM   #5
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
the haters "drunk on decay" is easily in my top 10 noise records all time.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.11.2008, 07:49 AM   #6
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Can't you uplad some tracks? Sounds rather interesting.
Old 10.11.2008, 05:16 PM   #7
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
i second thrasher02's request...i saw haters at no fun fest and it was mildly amusing...need to hear some tunes...anyone else see that haters dvd? wtf? that one with the feet trudging through snow for 10 min. while some noise plays...
Old 10.11.2008, 10:08 PM   #8
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Haters DVD, huh? Sounds intriguing. GX Jupitter-Larson has some awesome artsy noise vids on youtube as well as links to all sorts of surrealist/dada shit in his favorites section. http://uk.youtube.com/user/noisenomics Hours of fun.
Old 10.11.2008, 10:09 PM   #9
whorefrost
invito al cielo

From that selfsame page:
CINEMA NOISE is a (All Region / NTSC) DVD that features ten of my video works (1983-2006) that filter a lexicon of recurring themes through a spectrum of movie motifs and narrative strategies. You'll see skiers stop to build an empty hole in the snow, nomadic bikers debating the polywave, a spy being led from one mysterious note to another, vampires working on their garlic farm, and a visitation that gives a professor the inspiration to invent a gadget that transforms lives. What you'll hear is pure noise, most of which is derived from amplified erosion. Paypal me $15 for your copy: gx at jupitter-larsen dot com

Gotta get me hands on one o' they pappies
Old 10.12.2008, 10:12 AM   #10
chairman of the bored
the destroyed room

chairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard suckachairman of the bored cold hard sucka
thats the one

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth