Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.06.2023, 08:59 PM   #901
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Remember "duck and cover"?

Quote:
Texas... where elected officials are relying on Winnie the Pooh to teach their kids about active shooters because they don't have the courage to keep our kids safe.

Texas... where Greg Abbott signed a law to send DNA kits to parents of school children so their bodies can be identified after a shooting.

Guns are the leading cause of death for kids in America. Kids!

We're not talking about accidents, or cancer or something unpreventable. We know the steps to take to save our kids lives. But leaders like Greg Abbott lack the courage to act.

Until then... It's Winnie the Pooh for Texas families.

Gavin Newsom

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2023, 10:00 AM   #902
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
CHRIS LICHT OUT AT CNN

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

Old 06.07.2023, 01:44 PM   #903
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
hahahhaaaaaa great news!

per this

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/cnn-...c-article.html

i need to get me a subscription to the atlantic, which is the cultural prophet of the wasp elite. about time really... i freeload too many articles

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-trump/674255/

last one i promise hahahah
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2023, 04:34 PM   #904
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i need to get me a subscription to the atlantic, which is the cultural prophet of the wasp elite. about time really... i freeload too many articles

I can't sign up for a free trial; it requires a credit card and no sane bank in the world is gonna give one to ME.

Also, I gotta renew my CREEM subscription soon, via PayPal.

Old 06.08.2023, 08:13 PM   #905
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Trump indicted. AGAIN.

Old 06.08.2023, 08:51 PM   #906
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:

Motherfucker lied to his own lawyers. That's evil, but retarded evil.

Old 06.08.2023, 09:01 PM   #907
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

>> It didn’t even take an hour for the Trump campaign to send its first fund-raising email off of the indictment. An appeal at 7:45 p.m. began, “We are watching our Republic DIE before our very eyes.” Trump has been struggling for campaign cash, and his first indictment, in Manhattan, briefly turbocharged his online fund-raising. <<

I watched the "Republic" DIE before my very eyes on Jan. 6 2021, thank you.

Old 06.09.2023, 03:43 PM   #908
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Oh, great, this bitch is back:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-aile...ry?id=99956910

Old 06.09.2023, 03:55 PM   #909
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
see, this is why i was not so quick to celebrate

*it ain't over till it's over*

or till the fat lady sings, whichever comes first.

gotta keep it stoic or suffer extra :/

but yeah, hang in there, world. we can exorcize the world of this pendejo.
Old 06.11.2023, 01:24 PM   #910
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
via PayPal.
peter thiel's digital money
Old 06.11.2023, 05:28 PM   #911
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Quote:
peter thiel's digital money

But not cryptobullcrap. And not much different to making an ordinary online bank transfer. A great alternative for those of us who don't have your fancypants credit card.

Old 06.13.2023, 05:23 PM   #912
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Im just terrified for the future of LGBTQIA+ people in America, I hate that my existence is political and is argued over when we just want to be able to be our authentic selves. We're so demonized by so many people, and I don't feel safe here. I might be in a better area, but it still bothers me that people that are also part of the community are suffering so much.
hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2023, 05:45 PM   #913
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippietears
Im just terrified for the future of LGBTQIA+ people in America, I hate that my existence is political and is argued over when we just want to be able to be our authentic selves. We're so demonized by so many people, and I don't feel safe here. I might be in a better area, but it still bothers me that people that are also part of the community are suffering so much.

I've been following these developments through various channels now. It seems to be especially gnarly in the states, what with all the openly hateful rhetoric making the rounds, restrictive and actively dangerous regional policies being proposed and introduced and all of the godawful conspiracy disinformation BS.

Unfortunately, similar developments can be seen around Europe - if in smaller doses sometimes. TERF-dom and related apologia has invaded the mainstream and some very well-established media outlets in the UK.

Here in Austria, the most prominent far right party recently staged a "protest" to disrupt a harmless and pretty fun reading of stories to kids by a drag performer. Fortunately, the counter-protesters outnumbered them vastly and the event went through uninterrupted. But the seeds are there and there's an ominous air permeating many conversations right now. I hope these developments can be stopped/curtailed somehow.

Good to hear you are in a better area though. It's important to have a community/people who have your back. Especially in trying times such as these.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.13.2023, 07:32 PM   #914
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
But not cryptobullcrap. And not much different to making an ordinary online bank transfer. A great alternative for those of us who don't have your fancypants credit card.
it's still the source of his megafortune though. and check him out: https://www.motherjones.com/politics...s-peter-thiel/ or https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/21/b...x-chafkin.html

anyway, you don't need "fancypants" or actual credit even... they don't give you a visa or mc number with your bank debit card??

mira por ejemplo: https://portales.bancochile.cl/perso...ta-debito-visa

y éstas que no cobran: https://www.rankia.cl/blog/mejores-t...sin-mantención
Old 06.13.2023, 07:57 PM   #915
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

I have a Visa DEBIT card, certainly, but I never have any money in the bank, except for that glorious day of the month when I receive my microscopic disability pension, at which point I send all the coins to my PayPal account. It's the best way to pay on Bandcamp, Discogs, eBay, and a billion other places; and when it's not accepted (Amazon, for instance), I ask a friend of mine to order for me, and then I pay him back using... PayPal, you follow. (ETA: Amazon does not care for my debit card, even though it's valid internationally.)

The reason I need a CREDIT card is that often ultra-limited editions are announced and you gotta act real damn quick, and with $0 in my bank account for most of the month that's not possible.

It's too bad a psycho piece of shit like Thiele created PayPal, but I have no alternative.

Old 06.14.2023, 01:01 PM   #916
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
on the one hand, this is like any other kind of social progress, reform, etc. two steps forward, one step back. then eventually the old recalcitrant people die and society comes around. so if that was the only thing in play, i'd say courage, endurance, change will come, etc.

on the other hand, these issues are used as a wedge in the culture wars and the attention they get is out of proportion with their impact.

and it has to be a scary thing and a royal pain in the ass to be used like cannon fodder, whether it's politics or actual war.

but when it comes to war, courage and endurance are not enough, and strategy is paramount.

so, what's the strategy?
Old 06.14.2023, 08:14 PM   #917
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

Old 06.16.2023, 01:17 PM   #918
hippietears
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
I've been following these developments through various channels now. It seems to be especially gnarly in the states, what with all the openly hateful rhetoric making the rounds, restrictive and actively dangerous regional policies being proposed and introduced and all of the godawful conspiracy disinformation BS.

Unfortunately, similar developments can be seen around Europe - if in smaller doses sometimes. TERF-dom and related apologia has invaded the mainstream and some very well-established media outlets in the UK.

Here in Austria, the most prominent far right party recently staged a "protest" to disrupt a harmless and pretty fun reading of stories to kids by a drag performer. Fortunately, the counter-protesters outnumbered them vastly and the event went through uninterrupted. But the seeds are there and there's an ominous air permeating many conversations right now. I hope these developments can be stopped/curtailed somehow.

Good to hear you are in a better area though. It's important to have a community/people who have your back. Especially in trying times such as these.

It's such a huge thing in here too, there's such a huge stigma that Drag Queens are pedophiles and want to hurt people, when infact it's the opposite. A lot of them have had experiences like that themselves and just want to teach kids positivity and bond witht heir community, and drag queen story times in libraries are a lot safer than other places like out schools for example. Shootings in school started to become a more frequent thing when I was in elementary school, and it's terrifying having to worry about that at such a young age, all through school and seeing it happen everywhere. My state has had 8 shooting this year, it's a huge problem. I could keep ranting about what I hate about living here, but I could have it worse.

Old 06.16.2023, 01:19 PM   #919
hippietears
little trouble girl

Quote:
on the one hand, this is like any other kind of social progress, reform, etc. two steps forward, one step back. then eventually the old recalcitrant people die and society comes around. so if that was the only thing in play, i'd say courage, endurance, change will come, etc.

on the other hand, these issues are used as a wedge in the culture wars and the attention they get is out of proportion with their impact.

and it has to be a scary thing and a royal pain in the ass to be used like cannon fodder, whether it's politics or actual war.

but when it comes to war, courage and endurance are not enough, and strategy is paramount.

so, what's the strategy?

I'm not really sure, I think we would have to find the center as to why people are acting like this, and I think it's fear. Fear of something that isn't a norm for someone that is looking in from the outside. So, what do they do in return? They shoot fear right back at us. It's a viscous cycle and it needs to be broken.

Old 06.16.2023, 03:58 PM   #920
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'm not really sure, I think we would have to find the center as to why people are acting like this, and I think it's fear. Fear of something that isn't a norm for someone that is looking in from the outside. So, what do they do in return? They shoot fear right back at us. It's a viscous cycle and it needs to be broken.
i think that part of the reactionary reaction is that there was a measure of maoism that was used to advance these issues, rather than education and debate as it had happened in eras before.

there is in the "left" these days a sense of "if you're not with us you're against us," which is unfortunate because nobody is allowed to ask questions. if you express any doubts or ignorance you're branded a fascist.

so when forced to choose between maoism and fascism, many have turned to fascism.

me i've tried to cling to the unfashionable center where rationality and debate should still be paramount. and i lean left, but center-left is not a very vocal population right now. everybody is afraid of "saying the wrong thing" and being branded an enemy of the left.

meanwhile there are those who embrace the brand instead, and flee to the other end of things where they are made to feel welcome, even if they did not start as extremists in the first place.

likewise, nazism rose as a reaction to communism. their burning of the reichstag was blamed on communists. and the herd ate it up.
434445 46 47484956 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth