Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.08.2008, 08:59 AM   #641
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Christine 23 Onna - Shiny Crystal Planet

Formed in 1993 as a duo by Yamazaki Maso and guitarist Toda Fusao from Angel'in Heavy Syrup, Christine 23 Onna is described by the band themselves as a "space mondo psychedelic group." The sound of Christine 23 Onna is very different to that of Masonna, Space Machine, or that of Angel'in Heavy Syrup. It is based around a fusion of the psychedelic phrases of accomplished guitarist and composer Fusao, and the spacey electronics of Yamazaki. While the music of Christine 23 Onna is experimental, at the same time there is something about its pop fashion sense that would make it the perfect colorful, acid soundtrack for trips both good and bad at some hip, astro-modernist, interior-designed go-go lounge - all shimmering crystals, glass beads, fluorescent plastic and shining metallic finishes. Unusual for any project involving Yamazaki, this one has groovy repeating beats and a clear sense of compositional structure.

Tracklist:
1. Drive To Crystal Planet (6:08)
2. Cosmic Jungle (3:27)
3. Christine Hop #1 (3:57)
4. Christine Hop #2 (2:46)
5. Insect Voice (0:48)
6. Mondo Nude Mode (4:53)
7. Groovy Spacy '70 (7:12)
8. Hypnosis (5:36)
9. Under Cover Of Darkness (2:27)
10. Pulse On Pulse (3:45)
11. Moon Over (4:57)
12. New Dawn On Crystal Planet (1:24)

http://www.mediafire.com/?bsrmcvr5u5b
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2008, 09:10 PM   #642
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevOK
There's a problem with the last section during the whirring. It skips.

I've re-edited it using Fruity Loops.

Here's an upload.

I suggest everyone download it. It's completely awesome and extremely rare.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.09.2008, 06:20 PM   #643
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
awesome thanks steve.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2008, 05:30 AM   #644
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Not exactly out of print, 'cos I don't think it was ever in print.

My audience recording of Cabaret Voltaire at The Final Academy in October 1982.
The quality's not great but considering it was hand etched onto a wax cylinder in real time, it doesn't sound too bad.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s5b2n9

Hope you enjoy it

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2008, 12:11 PM   #645
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florya
Not exactly out of print, 'cos I don't think it was ever in print.

My audience recording of Cabaret Voltaire at The Final Academy in October 1982.
The quality's not great but considering it was hand etched onto a wax cylinder in real time, it doesn't sound too bad.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s5b2n9

Hope you enjoy it

thanks for this and happy birthday aswell, we should be giving you presents not the other way round

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2008, 12:46 PM   #646
sarramkrop

Thanks Florya.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2008, 12:55 PM   #647
sarramkrop

L. A. Mantra

Various L.A. Mantra cassette (Trance Port, 1983)

Though described in several online entries as the first of Trance Port's trance cassettes, this pup is less a trance release and more of an overview of Los Angeles' non-punk music underground. The only artist on L.A. Mantra that is even close to being a household name (but only if you live in a very hep house) is Savage Republic. Music freaks might recognize the name of Savage Republic side project The Tunneltones, the John & Dix Denney (of the Weirdos) experimental venture
If-Then-Else, or A Produce, the founder of Trance Port, member of Afterimage, and a pioneer in the L.A. trance music scene. And then there are true obscurities such as Rich Evac (of Afterimage and Psi Com), Fat & Fucked Up, and Debt of Nature.

You've read enough of my babbling on the cassette underground. I am sure you know that something exciting was happening in the Los Angeles underground from 1975 to about the time this cassette was released. And I am too fucked for time and energy to search out more information on the artists represented on this cassette. I will, however, leave you with a handful of songs.

If-Then-Else - Hey Big Oil
Rand Kennedy - Enorma Jones
Rich Evac - A Scanner Darkly
Tunneltones - Last Line of Love
Chas Smith - October '68
http://crudcrud.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.15.2008, 05:41 PM   #648
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
here's one for sarramkrop and paulybee2656 and any other Huggy Bear fans, i finally got round to transfering this tape to my computer, i bought this direct from the groups fanclub when it first came out in a limited edition of 57 copies the tape is the same on both sides and about 38mins long, the sound is not to bad hope you enjoy this

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6pt9o

EDIT: the tape starts with February 14th which cuts in and this track also finishes the show followed by some fucked up tape loops,sounds and shit with the group

Old 03.16.2008, 12:17 PM   #649
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
cheers stu!
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2008, 07:06 AM   #650
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
here's one for sarramkrop and paulybee2656 and any other Huggy Bear fans, i finally got round to transfering this tape to my computer, i bought this direct from the groups fanclub when it first came out in a limited edition of 57 copies the tape is the same on both sides and about 38mins long, the sound is not to bad hope you enjoy this

http://www.sendspace.com/file/u6pt9o

EDIT: the tape starts with February 14th which cuts in and this track also finishes the show followed by some fucked up tape loops,sounds and shit with the group

Star! Thank you.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2008, 11:57 AM   #651
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
bought a great sounding 180g reissue of of this some time ago, but i think it's out of print again

Bruce Haack, born on May 4, 1931, was one of the most musically and lyrically inventive children's songwriters of the '60s and '70s. Despite — or perhaps because of — his intended audience, his music was unusually expressive, combining homemade analog synths; classical, country, pop, and rock elements; and surreal, idealistic lyrics. Haack's innovations and desire to teach still sound fresh, making his music a favorite with fans of analog synths and esoteric recordings. Followers like Luke Vibert and Add N to X championed his unique musical vision, which embraced concepts like "powerlove" and turned household appliances into synthesizers and modulators.This musical vision appeared at age four, when Haack started picking out melodies on his family's piano; by age 12, he gave piano lessons and played in country & western bands as a teen. His upbringing in the isolated mining town of Rocky Mountain House in Alberta, Canada, gave Haack plenty of time to develop his musical gifts. Seeking formal training to hone his ability, Haack applied to the University of Alberta's music program. Though that school rejected him because of his poor notation skills, at Edmonton University he wrote and recorded music for campus theater productions, hosted a radio show, and played in a band. He received a degree in psychology from the university; this influence was felt later in songs that dealt with body language and the computer-like ways children absorb information.

http://lost-in-tyme.blogspot.com/200...c-lucifer.html
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.20.2008, 08:38 PM   #652
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
So I don't know if this is allowed to be posted, but does anyone have a digital file of the Pocahaunted/Robedoor at Berkeley cassette that Ecstatic Peace released. It's sold out now and I don't really have a way to listen to cassettes anyway. I was at the concert, but sadly missed their set and I'd like to be able to hear a recording of it.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2008, 06:23 AM   #653
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
bought a great sounding 180g reissue of of this some time ago, but i think it's out of print again

Bruce Haack, born on May 4, 1931, was one of the most musically and lyrically inventive children's songwriters of the '60s and '70s. Despite — or perhaps because of — his intended audience, his music was unusually expressive, combining homemade analog synths; classical, country, pop, and rock elements; and surreal, idealistic lyrics. Haack's innovations and desire to teach still sound fresh, making his music a favorite with fans of analog synths and esoteric recordings. Followers like Luke Vibert and Add N to X championed his unique musical vision, which embraced concepts like "powerlove" and turned household appliances into synthesizers and modulators.This musical vision appeared at age four, when Haack started picking out melodies on his family's piano; by age 12, he gave piano lessons and played in country & western bands as a teen. His upbringing in the isolated mining town of Rocky Mountain House in Alberta, Canada, gave Haack plenty of time to develop his musical gifts. Seeking formal training to hone his ability, Haack applied to the University of Alberta's music program. Though that school rejected him because of his poor notation skills, at Edmonton University he wrote and recorded music for campus theater productions, hosted a radio show, and played in a band. He received a degree in psychology from the university; this influence was felt later in songs that dealt with body language and the computer-like ways children absorb information.

I think that I love you even more for posting his music on this thread. Another one to file under the seriously underrated and a personal favourite.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2008, 07:44 AM   #654
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I think that I love you even more for posting his music on this thread. Another one to file under the seriously underrated and a personal favourite.
he's fantastic isn't he?

ok, another in my opinion quite underrated record
probably has been posted before, though
anyways

this version has 20 songs, i only had the one with 12 songs on it.

1. "The American Metaphysical Circus" (Joseph Byrd) – 4:56
2. "Hard Coming Love" (Byrd, Dorothy Moskowitz) – 4:41
3. "Cloud Song" (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 3:18
4. "The Garden of Earthly Delights" (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 2:39
5. "I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife for You, Sugar" (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 3:51
6. "Where Is Yesterday" (Gordon Marron, Ed Bogas, Moskowitz) – 3:08
7. "Coming Down" (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 2:37
8. "Love Song for the Dead Ché" (Byrd) – 3:25
9. "Stranded in Time" (Marron, Bogas) – 1:49
10. "The American Way of Love" (Byrd) – 6:38
1. -Metaphor for an Older Man (Byrd)
2. -California Good time Music (Byrd)
3. -Love Is All (Byrd, Moskowitz, Rand Forbes, Craig Woodson, Marron)
11. "Osamu's Birthday" (Byrd) – 2:59
12. "No Love to Give" (Moskowitz) – 2:36
13. "I Won't Leave My Wooden Wife for You, Sugar" (alternate version with Moskowitz singing lead) (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 3:45
14. "You Can Never Come Down" (Byrd) – 2:32
15. "Perry Pier" (Moskowitz) – 2:37
16. "Tailor Man" (Moskowitz) – 3:06
17. "Do You Follow Me" (Kenneth Edwards) – 2:34
18. "The American Metaphysical Circus" (demo version) (Byrd) – 4:01
19. "Mouse (The Garden of Earthly Delights)" (demo version) (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 2:39
20. "Heresy (Coming Down)" (demo version) (Byrd, Moskowitz) – 2:32

A wonderful psychedelic experiment, a nice example of an early experimental electronic music. Formed in 1967 by Joseph Byrd, the band membership consisted of the following: Joseph Byrd (electronic music, electric harpsichord, organ, calliope, piano, and Durrett Electronic Music Synthesizer), Dorothy Moskowitz (lead vocals), Gordon Marron (electric violin, ring modulator), Rand Forbes (an early adopter of the fretless electric bass) and Craig Woodson (electric drums and percussion). Ed Bogas also performed on the record with occasional organ, piano, and calliope; he became a full member of the band on its first and only tour. Note that there was no guitar!

http://rapidshare.com/United_States_Of_America_-_1968.rar

from same blog, lost in tyme - a goldmine
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2008, 04:55 PM   #655
stu666
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Merzdow Shek ‘Suicide In America & Bavarian Aquarels’
Staaltape Documentatie Serie cassette, 1987

01 Bavarian Aquarel
02 Lager
03 Caligula’s Triumph
04 Without Tears
05 Marburg - Industrie Und Polizei
06 Blast - Furnace
07 Hystorical Dioxin
08 Bhopal’Roll
09 Suicide In America
10 Drinking Bedside - Table
11 Arkandaschy Raus!
12 Polkacyde
Note: last track ‘Polkacyde’ seems to be a little sequel at end of tr#11.
. . . . . . . . . . .
‘Merzdow Shek’ was Mario Marzidovšek (born 1961 in Slovenia). He launched ‘Marzidovshek Minimal Laboratorium’ (MML) tape label in 1984 to release his own music and that of the local northeast Slovenia area bands. The region was active with various bands in industrial towns like Maribor, Celje, Žalec and Štajerska, where Marzidovšek lived. In Trbovlje was Laibach. In Maribor was various punk bands like Masaker or CZD and Abbildungen Varieté, an experimental music band active ca1982-1983. Three main independant labels were active in Slovenia during the mid1980s: FV from Ljubljana, Slovenija from Koper and MML from Štajerska. During its 4 years of existence (1984-1988), MML released 80 cassettes of slovenian and international bands.
A technician in a local chemical factory, Marzidovšek started doing music inspired by his industrial surroundings and the many records he had collected: krautrock, european avantgarde, american minimalism and the local punk scene. He published zines, articles, visual poetry in xeroxed editions. He composed music for theater performance in 1988 (see here). He was a painter as well. Since the 1990s, he seems to have disappeared from the music scene, even before the beginning of the war in 1992.
MML had many contacts outside Slovenia, sending tapes abroad, releasing foreign bands and international compilations. He got reviews in music magazines like Option, Sound Choice, Maximum Rock ‘n’ Roll or NME. He lived in the Netherlands in 1987-88 when Staaltape released this tape. Presumably a live recording of industrial, looped synth music, with elements of Z’ev druming sound, Laibach ‘marching music’ and synth industrial soundscapes.
The information for this post comes from:
  • Rajko Muršič [+]: ‘On the relationship of Global and Local Music Production: Mario Marzidovšek and his Independent Label Marzidovshek minimalaborato­rium’, Ljubljana conference, 1996. [+] Included in the following:
  • ‘Rock’n'Roll and Nationalism: A Multinational Perspective’, Mark Yoffe and Andrea Collins, ed., Cambridge Scholars Press, 2005 [+].
  • ‘CMARNET, Croatian Metal And Rock’ forum, October 22, 2007 [+]
  • A Hogon’s Industrial Guide blog, November 13th, 2007 [+] A big thank you!
Download.

Thanks!

Old 03.22.2008, 12:23 PM   #656
sarramkrop

Smog- Came Blue 7" (1997)

Bill Callahan, also known as Smog, has a new album out, called Woke On A Whaleheart. In honor of the occasion, here is an old Smog 7" engineered by Jim O'Rourke. This came out around the time of Red Apple Falls, which also featured the talents of Mr. O'Rourke both behind the board and in front of the mics. Out on the German Hausmusik imprint, this little record was distributed by Drag City here in the US. It is no longer available through the normal channels, but you can find both tracks on the Smog rarities compilation Accumulation: None.

The record sleeve is cut like a folder. It opens from the side and has pockets for the record itself and the little information/lyric sheet that comes with it. The record has a large spindlehole, so you need an adapter to play it. How quaint!

Tracks:
01- Came Blue
02- Spanish Moss

Download Came Blue 7" (Megaupload)
http://magnetsandlasers.blogspot.com...ue-7-1997.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2008, 04:40 PM   #657
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads

DLed this. it is excellent, thanks!
and thanks for the USA cd ive been wanting it for a while

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2008, 05:25 PM   #658
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Current 93 - Dogs Blood Rising (Andrew Liles remix)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/47p6a1

Old 03.25.2008, 06:21 PM   #659
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

VIVENZA-Metallurgie, 1987, Freedom In A Vacuum (cassette, 320 kbps)

An essential musical document from the 80'S CASSETTE UNDERGROUND- this is by Jean-Marc Vivenza, a French sound-artist and writer born in 1957. Vivenza apparently recorded all of his sound sources in factories and montaged them together to create his compositions. His work is INDUSTRIAL by definition, since no other source material is used. The end-result is NOISE MUSIC of the highest order: brutal, repetitive, mechanistic lock-grooves meshing and then clashing- the sound of a future world where no human interaction can be noticed- just machines running a lonely, dead planet. Superb!

TRACK LISTING: A Métallurgie II B Métallurgie I

http://lix.in/6647e1

Old 03.26.2008, 09:59 AM   #660
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone interested in God's Balls/Salt Lick cd by Tad?
THat's pretty hard to find.
I can try and upload it if there is any interest.
viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
303132 33 34353643 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth