Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.30.2007, 09:56 AM   #561
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses

1. All I Want For Christmas
  2. Hitokui Papaya (Cannibal Papaya) (New Remix by Thurston Moore)
  3. All I Want For Christmas ~ Instrumental Vibe Version
released 11/26/99

http://www.zshare.net/download/52740096dc5da5/

got this at the shonen knife show i attended last week (review).
Old 12.02.2007, 02:18 PM   #562
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
The "Priest" They Called Him
http://the-spark-that-bled.blogspot.com/

A collaboration with William S Burroughs is the last thing any one would have expected Kurt Cobain to release,especially in the same year that Nirvana toppled Michael Jackson from the Billboard chart in America and brought the alternative into the mainstream(spawning a million and one copyists and sparking an industry frenzy in Seattle in the process.) But that's exactly what happened. Of course avant-garde novelist Burroughs released many spoken word albums, most notably Dead City Radio which was released two years prior to The "Priest" They Called Him. Based on a short story by Burroughs and backed by Cobain on guitar, the 'song' is startling, in the fact that it is so radically different from anything Kurt had done before.

Although the pairing at first seem odd, the common thread between the two was heroin addiction, and it is that which Burroughs story (like much of his work) is centered round, the story of an addict searching for a fix on Christmas Eve. And Kurt's guitar is a suitably bleak backing to Burroughs voice, a dissonant,droning wash of guitar noise and feedback. certainly, it shows the way in which Kurt's ideas on music were progressing towards the aggressive sound witnessed on In Utero.

The song was released on Vinyl picture disc and depending on the condition, can sell for big prices, so if you want to track it down i suggest you search Ebay or Amazon.

I also suggest you track down the work of Burroughs, both his novels and spoken word albums. You wont regret it, i promise!

PS A bit of random info is that its the bassist from Nirvana, Krist Novoselic posing on the cover.

█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 09:38 AM   #563
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I finally managed to download this.

1989 - Cold Spring CS 006 (tape) - UK

GYSIN/BURROUGHS/P-ORRIDGE - "Interviews & Readings" C90.
Rare interviews from the three influential artists.
100 numbered copies.

http://www.badongo.com/file/5432850
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 09:41 AM   #564
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
The Robin Lee Crutchfield above is the ticket...

For the interview keen, this is on dime today
Interview w/
Adrian Belew & Robert Fripp
Boylston Motor Lodge Restaurant
October 28 1981
It's over an hour of conversation at some diner...also there's a 2000 Fripp FM from NYC, WTC Winter Gardens.

I deleted both my other contributions to this thread: Chickasaw Mudd Puppies - White Dirt ep and V/A -Guitarrorists. One, the links were expired, and two, I'm not so sure they are really out-of-print.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2007, 11:50 AM   #565
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
from http://lost-in-tyme.blogspot.com/

Lost-In-Tyme (Main Page) : Psych - Acid - Folk - Garage.....
Lost-In-Tyme : Prog - Kraut - Classic Rock - Blues.....
Lost-In-Tyme : Alternative - Punk - New Wave.....
Lost-In-Tyme : Funk - Soul - Jazz - World.....
Lost-In-Tyme : Index/Archives Page....

Announcement :
From now on, Lost-In-Tyme will be devided into 4 different blogs depending on genre.
All new albums will be posted to the related Lost-In-Tyme blog.
We hope that you will find our effort interesting and worthy enough.

David Matthews - 1977 - Dune

CTI 7-5005

Funky spaciness from one of the 70's best arrangers! The set's a largeish orchestral work dedicated to Dune and other sci-fi books and films. Sounds goofy, but it's pretty darn great -- and Dave Matthews takes his work with James Brown and makes the whole thing come out pretty darn funky. Includes the massive "Sandworms".

Tracks :

A1 Dune Part I: Arrakis (6:03)
A2 Dune Part II: Sandworms (5:03)
A3 Dune Part III: Song Of The Bene Gesserit (2:50)
A4 Dune Part IV: Muad'Dib (6:36)
B1 Space Oddity (6:05)
B2 Silent Running (3:16)
B3 Pricess Leia's Theme (From Star Wars) (2:55)
B4 Main Theme From Star Wars (3:22)

Musicians:
Andy Newmark-Drums, Burt Collins-Trumpet, Horn, Cliff Carter-Synthesizer, Keyboards, David Matthews-Keyboards, David Sanborn-Saxophone, Sax(Alto), David Taylor-Trombone, Trombone(Bass), David Tofani-Flute, Piccolo, Wind, Eric Gale-Guitar, Gary King-Bass, Gerry Chamberlain-Trombone, Googie Coppola- Vocals, Gordon Gottlieb-Percussion, Grover Washington Jr.-Saxophone, Sax(Tenor), Sax(Soprano), Hiram Bullock-Guitar, James Bossy-Horn, Jim Bosby-Horn, Joe Shepley-Flugelhorn, John Gatchell-Horn, Jon Faddis-Trumpet, -Horn, Joseph J. Shepley-Trumpet, Lew DelGatto-Clarinet, Oboe, Wind, Lew Soloff-Horn, Mark Egan-Bass, Randy Brecker-Trumpet, Sam Burtis-Trombone, Sanford Allen-Strings, Steve Gadd-Drums, Sue Evans-Percussion, Tom "Bones" Malone-Trombone, Wayne Andre-Trombone, Will Lee-Bass

Reviews :

from www.blaxploitation.com
This is not the soundtrack to the movie Dune (that was was a snoozer by AOR favorites Toto). This one sneaks on to our list courtesy of the B-side, comprising disco-style covers of parts of John Williams' Star Wars suite. So what else is on the album? Is it funky? You're damn right it is. Any self-respecting jazz funk fan would start to quiver when faced with the session musician lineup on this concept LP - Andy Newmark and Steve Gadd on drums, Randy Brecker and Jon Faddis in the horns, Grover Washington and David Sanborn on sax. This obscure CTI album is the source of the killer sample cut 'Sandworms', as used on several major-league hip-hop tracks. Forget the rest of the (mainly disco-esque) cuts and head for Sandworms. It's funkier than a mosquito's tweeter (as Nina Simone once sang) and will blow the roof off your bass bins!

By A.Thomas
David Matthews gathers an incredible collection of artists to collaborate on interpreting the sci-fi masterpiece, Dune. Some of the greatest in the field add their flavor to Matthews' vision. Jazz fans will be delighted to hear Grover Washington Jr., David Sanborn, Eric Gale, Hiram Bullock, Randy Brecker, Andy Newmark, Steve Gadd, Mark Egan, even a young Will Lee riffing. The music style is dated, but true fans will enjoy!

Bio :
The keyboardist David Matthews has been, among other things, a steady source of funk, whether drinking it in from the sweat of the rhythmically innovative soul godfather James Brown or attempting to pour it over the head of the somewhat wimpier Paul Simon. Trends for better or worse that Matthews has been associated with since the '70s also include the CTI sound, an exhausting list of television soundtracks and commercial advertisements, and a series of critically praised releases by the Manhattan Jazz Orchestra. He should not be confused with the Dave Matthews of jam band fame, nor the earlier arranger and reed player from the big-band heyday, although both of them appear to have worked for Frank Sinatra at one time.

A graduate of the University of Cincinnati with a Bachelor's degree in composition,

Matthews began his performing career as the leader of a dance band in the late '60s. This group toured extensively in several parts of Europe and Matthews also began establishing a presence on the Cincinnati jazz scene. The next move was a big one; in l970 he began working as both an arranger and bandleader for James Brown, making it possible for him to relocate to New York City and utilize the Brown connection in order to garner steady freelance assignments. His clients included demanding performers such as drummer and bandleader Buddy Rich, singers Mark Murphy and Bonnie Raitt, and the Starland Vocal Band, among many others. In the mid-'70s he became staff arranger for the CTI label, resulting in a series of smooth productions that were loved by some jazz buffs and loathed by others. Matthews formed his own groups from this period on, including the David Matthews & the Manhattan Jazz Quintet. He scored many films for Hollywood such as The Parallax View, the first version of The Stepford Wives and Night Moves. He also has had quite a high profile for his activities in Japan.
~ Eugene Chadbourne, All Music Guide

Get It Here :
RapidShare or SendSpace

Old 12.12.2007, 07:22 PM   #566
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
not a proper record, but a great live set by REM 5/12/81 Tyrone's
http://www.badongo.com/file/5402633

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2007, 07:31 PM   #567
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOUT
not a proper record, but a great live set by REM 5/12/81 Tyrone's
http://www.badongo.com/file/5402633

aka

Old 12.12.2007, 07:38 PM   #568
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
aka

good call...I like that they used a period-correct shot for the cover...it's a pet peeve of mine when there's a pic 10 years after the recording...petty I know.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.12.2007, 07:44 PM   #569
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Same here...
This reissued cover for the same bootleg pictures the band at least a year or two after '81.

Old 12.13.2007, 03:32 AM   #570
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by █████████
The "Priest" They Called Him
http://the-spark-that-bled.blogspot.com/

A collaboration with William S Burroughs is the last thing any one would have expected Kurt Cobain to release,especially in the same year that Nirvana toppled Michael Jackson from the Billboard chart in America and brought the alternative into the mainstream(spawning a million and one copyists and sparking an industry frenzy in Seattle in the process.) But that's exactly what happened. Of course avant-garde novelist Burroughs released many spoken word albums, most notably Dead City Radio which was released two years prior to The "Priest" They Called Him. Based on a short story by Burroughs and backed by Cobain on guitar, the 'song' is startling, in the fact that it is so radically different from anything Kurt had done before.

Although the pairing at first seem odd, the common thread between the two was heroin addiction, and it is that which Burroughs story (like much of his work) is centered round, the story of an addict searching for a fix on Christmas Eve. And Kurt's guitar is a suitably bleak backing to Burroughs voice, a dissonant,droning wash of guitar noise and feedback. certainly, it shows the way in which Kurt's ideas on music were progressing towards the aggressive sound witnessed on In Utero.

The song was released on Vinyl picture disc and depending on the condition, can sell for big prices, so if you want to track it down i suggest you search Ebay or Amazon.

I also suggest you track down the work of Burroughs, both his novels and spoken word albums. You wont regret it, i promise!

PS A bit of random info is that its the bassist from Nirvana, Krist Novoselic posing on the cover.

never knew this existed.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 08:33 AM   #571
sarramkrop

Boy Dirt Car / Fi - Split LP

BDC were formed by Darren Brown and Eric Lunde in 1981 after the two young punks met Glenn Branca at a Chicago noise-music festival. Gathering a few friends together for jams, they proceeded to play with a revolving-door line-up that usually consisted of Brown, Lunde and any drunken and/or drug-addled buddy they could string along. Finally settling on a semi-stable line-up that consisted of the duo and Keith Brammer and Dan Kubinski of Die Kreuzen on various metal percussive instruments and noise-making devices, BDC found their feet and were soon hailed by well-meaning folks as America's answer to Einstürzende Neubauten. Inactive as a band for many years, Eric Lunde in the meantime released some solo records and Darren Brown formed Impact Test. F/i are From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and has been around since 1981, releasing half a dozen LPs on RRRecords. The band started out as a unit elaborating on noise structures in the tradition of Throbbing Gristle or Nurse With Wound. They are also influenced by Hawkwind and Spacemen 3. The Split LP was released on vinyl by RRRecords (RRR 006) in 1986.

Tracks :

1. Boy Dirt Car - Metal House
2. Boy Dirt Car - Friction Moves
3. Boy Dirt Car - He Tore Out His Eyes
4. Boy Dirt Car - Impact Test
5. Boy Dirt Car - Harm
6. F/i - Union Grove 1
7. F/i - Trauma At The Beach
8. F/i - Another Magic Window
9. F/i - Looking For My Head
10. F/i - Union Grove 2

( Boy Dirt Car is recorded as one track.)

Split LP

enjoy.
http://thethingonthedoorstep.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 08:36 AM   #572
sarramkrop

impLOG - Holland Tunnel Dive (12'', 1980)

impLOG were Don Christensen with help from Jody Harris. They were both in The Contortions and released just two records as impLOG - the 'Holland Tunnel Dive' 12" on Lust/Unlust (home of DNA, Teenage Jesus And The Jerks, Mars, Dark Day, Jeff And Jane Hudson) and a 7", 'Breakfast / She Creatures' on Log Records. Jody Harris is one of the unsung heroes of No Wave - a Contortion, an impLOGger, founder of the wonderful Raybeats and collaborator with New York legend Robert Quine on the super 'Escape' lp on the mighty Lust/Unlust label. Remarkably, Don Christensen reappeared under the impLOG moniker in late 2005 after a 25 year hiatus to do a remix for Philip Glass.

Tracklisting

A1 Holland Tunnel Dive
B1 On B'Way

Lust/Unlust Music JMB 231

Download from Mass Mirror

http://bluetvset.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 08:40 AM   #573
sarramkrop

EXTREME NOISE TERROR - Rehearsal 18.02.87

There reason why this blog is called "Carry On screaming" is because Disorder and Extreme Noise Terror have a song with that name. But it was when I listened to this killer version that I really decided to use the name.
E.N.T. here deliver 4 tracks with the furious that you haven't heard before. The recording is quite good for a practice and I'm surprised that it's never been on vinyl.
Mick Harris (Napalm Death) is featuring in this recording as well as the video below.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
EXTREME NOISE TERROR - Rehearsal 18.02.1987
01- Show Us You Care
02- Carry On Screaming
03- Bullshit Propaganda
04- Only In It For The Music pt.2
http://carry-on-screaming.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 09:36 AM   #574
sarramkrop

Click on sleeve for link.
Nurse With Wound - Brained By Falling Masonry (1984, Belgium)

Tracklisting:
A: Brained By Falling Masonry
B: A Short Dip In The Glory Hole

Vocals on A: J.G. "Foetus" Thirlwell, B: Laura Calland

Fresh rip from vintage vinyl @ 320 kbps.
HQ scan of cover included in the archive.

http://dualtrack.blogspot.com/2007/1...y-falling.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 10:16 AM   #575
sarramkrop

Julian Cope/Rabbi Joseph Gordan - Competition 7"

Probably the Holy Grail for Cope collectors, this pseudonymous release was put out on Bam Caruso in 1985 as a lost sixties classic by the Rabbi Joseph Gordan. In reality Cope freaks out under an assumed name. Typical Cope to let such a great track remain underground, although it was released later on one of his Floored Genius compilations. The b side has never seen the light of day anywhere else though, and even if it's little more than a stoned doodle, its so quintessentially Cope that I can't help but love it. My copy sounding a bit scratchy, so forgive the surface noise and get on down to a true rarity.

1. Competition
2. Belief In Him

New vinyl rip at 320 Kbps.
Artwork included.

Download

http://spinstersrock.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 11:31 AM   #576
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
Lemon Kittens

Lemon Kitten’s “Spoonfed & Writhing” released on Step Forward in 1979. I just happened upon this fine folker/DADA/???/// record. I’ve nabbed these words from Scaruffi.com to put this into perspective: “The Lemon Kittens were two young multi-strumentalists involved in multimedia art-performance/theater: Danielle Dax, a fan of electronic music, biblical mysticism and middle-eastern vocal music, and Karl Blake, a veteran jazz musician. Their music harked back to Canterbury’s jazz-rock, to Brian Eno’s avantgarde rock, and to the nonsense quality of much British rock.”

http://curved-air.com/2007/10/01/lemon-kittens/
Old 12.13.2007, 01:53 PM   #577
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses

Tripping Daisy - Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb

from allmusic.com:
Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Tripping Daisy's first two albums were written off as average post-grunge alt-rock records, which may make the presence of Eric Drew Feldman — a former member of Pere Ubu and a colleague of both Captain Beefheart and Frank Black — as a producer and keyboardist a little puzzling to the group's detractors. After all, Tripping Daisy was supposed to be in it for the cash and fame, not art, but critics may have to change their tune after listening to the Daisy's third album, Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb. The band has made a big stylistic breakthrough, enhancing the psychedelic subtext that ran through their first two records, retaining their melodic sensibility and jacking up their weirdness quotient, thanks to Feldman. Although there are a few times where their ambitions outweigh their achievements, the entire result is an impressive record that balances punk-pop with art-rock. It's a smart, ambitious and successful album that may come as a surprise, not only for the doubters but for hardcore fans, since nothing they've done before suggests the power of Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb. (Also, it's nice that Tripping Daisy paid tribute to the great, underappreciated indie-rock band Brainiac and its tragically departed leader Tim Taylor by covering "Indian Poker" — it, like the rest of the album, shows that their hearts are in the right place.)
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.13.2007, 06:53 PM   #578
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

Hijokaidan - The Sound of the Sea

http://www.douban.com/group/topic/1939428/
Old 12.14.2007, 07:02 AM   #579
sarramkrop

Metallica - loads of demos from most of their albums:

http://demos.metpage.org/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.14.2007, 07:15 AM   #580
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

V.A - Oz Days Live (Official Reissue)

1973 Japan Underground Rock

includes HQ Scans

This is something ive been waiting for ages on

a official and complete version of the Oz Days Live album
and this sounds soo much better than the incomplete bootleg from years ago
wich only had one half of the LP.
the full re-issue was released somewhere in june (11 june,if im correct) 2007

Description:
First ever full reissue of one of the most totemic/rarest of early Japanese underground releases, 1973’s double LP set Oz Days.
This edition features repro cover art, a fold-out insert and - for the first time ever - includes all of the music from the original release, with Les Rallizes Denudes’s side-long blaster and Taj Mahal Travellers’ tempestuous comedown drones further bolstered by tracks from Miyako Ochi, Acid Seven and Minami Masato.
An amazing snapshot of the formative years of the Japanese underground, fully restored at last. Edition of 300 copies - very limited supply! ~Volcanic Tongue

credits to "polvere" for the rip & scans

262728 29 30313239 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth