Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page placebo - battle for the sun
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2009, 06:41 AM   #1
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses

kicks

major

ass

(fave PLACEBO album so far)
Old 06.16.2009, 06:43 AM   #2
musefreek
bad moon rising

musefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's assesmusefreek kicks all y'all's asses
you have to be joking... it's completely shit... it's so... ordinary...

they went down after black market music imo. great live band though.
musefreek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 07:08 AM   #3
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
It's as empty as it can be, after sleeping with ghosts it all went downhill.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 07:14 AM   #4
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
S/T, Without You I'm Nothing, Sleeping with Ghosts are all entertaining little albums. Awful lyrics, but the guitar tones and some of the riffs are great.

Then, there's Blackest Market Music with its shipping rapping and awful songs (what's with the song that samples that Pavement song, btw?!) and the worst lyrics ever.. then, there's the embarassing, AWFUL Meds, which really has not a single good song on it. I've only listened to the single from this album and it was the worst thing Placebo's ever done. Can't wait to hear the rest!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 07:43 AM   #5
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
I like molko's lyrics, but their always about the same(feeling misplaced and gay feelings).
Old 06.16.2009, 07:45 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
You're the one who's always choking Trojan
You're the one who's always bruised and broken
Sleep may be the enemy
But so's another line
It's a remedy
You should take more time

You're the one who's always choking trojan
You're the one who's showers always golden
Spunk & bestiality well it's an Assisi lie
It's ahead of me
You should close your fly

I understand the fascination
The dream that comes alive at night
But if you don't change your situation
Then you'll die, you'll die, don't die, don't die
Please don't die

You're the one who's always choking trojan
You're the one who's always bruised and broken
Drunk on immorality
Valium and cherry wine
Coke and ecstasy
You're gonna blow your mind

I understand the fascination
I've even been there once or twice or more
But if you don't change your situation
Then you'll die, you'll die, don't die, don't die
Please don't die x4

Old 06.16.2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Some of their early stuff is do-able to listen to. Saw them on a festival once and it was a real borefest. The sound was awful!
btw Molko is a terrible singer and an even worse lyricist.
Old 06.16.2009, 07:51 AM   #8
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

Ah yes that one sucks(for the record who sings about condoms), but this one is pretty great in all it's simpleness:
Shine the headlight, straight into my eyes.
Like the roadkill, Im paralysed.
You see through my disguise

At the drive-in, double feature,
Pull the lever, break the fever
And say your last goodbyes.

Since I was born I started to decay.
Now nothing ever ever goes my way

One fluid gesture, like stepping back in time.
Trapped in amber, petrified.
And still not satisfied

Airs and social graces, elocution so divine.
Ill stick to my needle, and my favourite waste of time,
Both spineless and sublime.

Since I was born I started to decay.
Now nothing ever - ever goes my way.
Old 06.16.2009, 07:58 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

There's a clip of them playing that on youtube and all these kids are dancing to it. Pretty funny to see a bunch of hip kids rocking out, smiling all happy and shit, to "SINCE I WAS BORN I STARTED TO DECAYYYYY" haha.

Old 06.16.2009, 08:04 AM   #10
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

Ah yes. For the record, I am seeing them live at a festival in 2 months. And I think it won't be rotten but yeah, this comes out a fansmouth, they are just to old to sing about teenage angst.
Old 06.16.2009, 12:01 PM   #11
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
it may sound stupid but - uhm - did you guys listen to it? it really is grand. production is ace and the new drummer is badass. really cool shit. imho their best one yet. i envy you seeing them live man!
Old 06.16.2009, 12:05 PM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I will listen to it soon, definitely. I am going to try not to judge the whole album from the one song I heard.

Old 06.16.2009, 12:13 PM   #13
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
the british smashing pumpkins. the word bland was invented for this band.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 12:30 PM   #14
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
excuse me???? i think i just threw up a little.
Old 06.16.2009, 12:33 PM   #15
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I think the single is reeeeeeeeeeeally weak.
I liked their first 2 albums, never cared much about the lyrics. ghost tracks were nice on those too. It's been quite a while since I last listened to those, not 100% sure I'd like them now.
Didn't like the following ones.
Will listen (someday) to this one before forming a judgment on it.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 12:46 PM   #16
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
I would choose to drink liquidised faeces before I would choose to listen to this album.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 01:08 PM   #17
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I'm growing sick of their damn single because I've been hearing it on the radio at work everyday for the last week and a half. Twice a day probably, or more. And that dyke singing...
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 01:51 PM   #18
sarramkrop

They killed millions of notes. I HATE them. I'm not part of their audience.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 01:56 PM   #19
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
boring makeup band.

makeup bands are big in mexico: placebo, lacrimosa, kiss. only place in the world where they can still pack it in.

i do like without you i'm nothing and some songs ("nancy boy", "special k"); i don't think i'll bother with this one.

did you guys listen to the new clutch album? now that's a kick ass album and a return to form.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2009, 03:24 PM   #20
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
I'll listen to Meds every once in a while. For me, the only good song on it is Blind. Lazarus isn't bad either, but that track wasn't on the album I bought. The rest of the songs are just okay. As for Battle For The Sun, I've heard the title track and For What's It Worth, and I can barely comment on them. They're just really boring. The main riff in Battle For The Sun is alright, but it doesn't go anywhere... I don't know. I do like their first four albums though. My favorite songs by them are Bionic, Slackerbitch, Ask For Answers, Allergic, and Something Rotten.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth