Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2011, 04:42 PM   #1341
themawt71
the destroyed room

themawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's assesthemawt71 kicks all y'all's asses
cool blunderbuss. thanks!
themawt71 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2011, 03:32 AM   #1342
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
Possibly one of NASA's most avant-garde projects ever, SYMPHONIES OF THE PLANETS is a five-CD set that is now out of print. Put simply, it consists of recordings made by Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 as they passed by the various planets and moons of our solar system. Although sound as we perceive it cannot travel in the vacuum of space, each planet and moon emits its own electromagnetic "signature" that can be picked up by the right instruments, and those emanations can be converted into sound and recorded onto compact discs for your listening enjoyment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=914MXYIE

(I haven't actually used that link, I downloaded the five volumes from different blogs all over the place - this has them all in one place though)

awesome, but perhaps space flight itself is avant-garde, and putting out a beacon for extraterrestrials is WAY avant-garde. and those records they put aboard voyager? most exclusive and unattainable limited-edition ever!
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2011, 11:50 AM   #1343
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
High Wolf - Japan Tour Cdr 2010

http://wingedsunrecords.bandcamp.com...tour-cdr-wsrt2

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2011, 05:57 AM   #1344
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses

Li-Jianhong is at the leading edge of Asian avant-noise. Hailing from Zhejiang Province in China (before moving to Hangzhou) he formed the avant-rock group "Second Skin" and now manages 2pi Records. He lays waste to the retrograde psychedelic guitar landscape and trivializes the petty cartoon violence and shock tactics so popular within too many harsh noise projects.

P.S.F. records describe him as "China's hottest, loudest and most psychedelic avant-noise guitarist". I can't add to that.

Listen...buy...worship!

2004 - Li-Jianhong - RTV-702 [2pi records]
2004 - 李劍鴻 - Talking Freely Before The Beginning [2pi records]
2005 - Li-Jianhong - Drama Script [2pi records]
2007 - Li Jianhong & Itta & Marqido - See You New World [2pi records]
2008 - 李劍鴻 - 三生石 (San Sheng Shi) [archive]
2009 - Li Jianhong - 山海経 (Classic Of The Mountains And Seas) [psf records]
2009 - Li-Jianhong - Lovers With Cloisonné Bracelet (lp) [tipped bowler tapes]

http://bleakbliss.blogspot.com/2011/02/li-jianhong.html

At some point I'll rip and upload copies of:
Li Jianhong / Huang Jin / Ji Mu / Li Tieqiao - Live in Nanjing [2pi]
Li Jianhong - Bird [2pi]
D!O!D!O!D! - Ghost Temple [psf]
VagusNerve - Lo Pan [Utech]
Pisces Iscariot - Live at 2pi Festival 2004 [Kwan Win Records]

If anyone comes across any of these anywhere, please can they post links, or PM me:
Second Skin - My Revolt [2pi]
Li Jianhong - A Brief History of Time [Post Concrete]
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2011, 06:15 AM   #1345
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss

Li-Jianhong is at the leading edge of Asian avant-noise. Hailing from Zhejiang Province in China (before moving to Hangzhou) he formed the avant-rock group "Second Skin" and now manages 2pi Records. He lays waste to the retrograde psychedelic guitar landscape and trivializes the petty cartoon violence and shock tactics so popular within too many harsh noise projects.

P.S.F. records describe him as "China's hottest, loudest and most psychedelic avant-noise guitarist". I can't add to that.

Listen...buy...worship!

2004 - Li-Jianhong - RTV-702 [2pi records]
2004 - 李劍鴻 - Talking Freely Before The Beginning [2pi records]
2005 - Li-Jianhong - Drama Script [2pi records]
2007 - Li Jianhong & Itta & Marqido - See You New World [2pi records]
2008 - 李劍鴻 - 三生石 (San Sheng Shi) [archive]
2009 - Li Jianhong - 山海経 (Classic Of The Mountains And Seas) [psf records]
2009 - Li-Jianhong - Lovers With Cloisonné Bracelet (lp) [tipped bowler tapes]

http://bleakbliss.blogspot.com/2011/02/li-jianhong.html

thanks!

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2011, 06:57 AM   #1346
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
While I'm doing the Chinese noise thing:

V/A - China? (A Noise Compilation) [eDogm netlabel]

1. D!O!D!O!D! - A02 (0'52)
2. Enlil - Hun Dun and the 7th day of gratitude (8'21)
3. Dominik - Yourstonamedom (5'20)
4. Yoursck - s_h_d (4'46)
5. Fedaden - Nada (5'04)
6. D'incise - Fuck hierarchy and borders (5'48)
7. Shenggy - First noise (1'00)
8. Shenggy - Long sound (11'52)
9. Li Jianhong - TV (5'28)
10. Chicks Dig Noise - Mixdown (5'14)
11. Torturing Nurse - Amp Die (10'12)
12. D!O!D!O!D! - A03 (4'30))
13. White - first live (at the 13Club) (10'50)

release notes :
I spent six month in China from February to July this year. I came on the invitation of a school, to be a music teacher, but never worked with them, actually they had no music room, no piano, no students... So I played in some jazz clubs, some really boring old school jazz. I also went to many shitty rock and pop and electro concerts. The music scene in China is really conservative, and most of the time it's designed to fit the need of the whites entertainement. Or perhaps I'm totally wrong. Instead of being a music teacher, I turned to be some kind of student, trying to speak chinese, trying to understand chinese people, trying to save my face and not to loose my temper... And I've seen some great performances by noise artists in Beijing and Shanghai, like White, D!O!D!O!D!, and Torturing nurse, and played with them (as Keplerslaws) in the NOIShanghai festival. I began to play noise music one year ago, but this was a totally different experience. I think I learned a lot from those noise artists, they were into something really different from anything I've seen before. There is no compromise in their music. They can play one hour of some really violent stuff, almost injuring theirself by rolling on the floor or destroying things around, and then turn instantly to be some nice, almost shy people. They are not into being stars or even professionals. They do some genuine stuff in a world of fake. Or perhaps I'm totally wrong. I wanted to release something from them. I thought primary of a "chinese artists only" compilation, but then I decided it was stupid, so there are artists from many countries. I just asked people to send me a track for a noise compilation inspired by China and noise. Then I felt confused with some tracks, because they are not pure harshnoise, so I made a crescendo playlist. The first tracks are still into some electroacoustic experiments, D'incise's one is a kind of axis, then it turns to harshnoise. The last track is the end of the first concert of White, in Beijing, and it's the first nice thing I've seen while I was in China, in february.
This is also the second anniversary release on eDogm, and running this netlabel is another great and disturbing experience. Or perhaps I'm totally wrong.
- Johann Bourquenez, Paris, August 14th, 2006

http://www.edogm.net/releases/edo013/index.html
Old 03.07.2011, 02:57 PM   #1347
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump.

Avantgarde Project 43
PIERRE HENRY

loudav's notes:
=======================================

AGP43 is the second of two installments of early out-of-print works by Pierre Henry. It is transcribed from an LP devoted to Pierre Henry in the rare and legendary Philips Prospective 21st Siecle series from the late 1960s and early 1970s. The first side of the LP is devoted to the original, long version of Henry's Voile D'Orphee (written in 1951-53 and described as "probably the first major work of symphonic concrete music"), with the edited version starting the second side. The remaining two tracks are short electroacoustic works from 1960 and 1965. The torrent includes a text file containing the liner notes from the LP from which these works were transcribed.

Equipment used for A/D conversion: Lyra Helikon phono cartridge, Linn LP12/Lingo turntable, Linn Ittok tonearm, Audioquest LeoPard tonearm cable, PS Audio PS2 preamplifier, Kimber PBJ interconnect, M-Audio Audiophile USB A/D converter.

NOTE: Actually, track 04 is ripped from an out-of-print CD release on Harmonia Mundi that also included Variations for a Door and a Sigh. I was originally going to include that latter work in AGP43, but it is available in another CD release through Amazon.fr.
  • Pierre Henry, Le Voile D'Orphee I (Version Integrale) [27:02]
  • Pierre Henry, Le Voile D'Orphee II [15:34]
  • Entite [5:52]
  • Spiral [4:29]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vna1ll
Old 03.10.2011, 09:35 AM   #1348
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Ocrilim:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8op5428es8p49e8
http://www.mediafire.com/?de6tail5714qd6k

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.10.2011, 09:47 PM   #1349
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
There are some recordings of Justice Yeldham in this site:

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Justice_Yeldham/
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.12.2011, 03:59 PM   #1350
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Yoko Ono

This Is Not Here (vinyl rip ) - old Bag Records boot

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QLWTQXZH
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2011, 03:40 AM   #1351
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for the yoko! any chance of a setlist?
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.13.2011, 11:40 AM   #1352
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
thanks for the yoko! any chance of a setlist?

http://www.discogs.com/Yoko-Ono-This...elease/2472557
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.24.2011, 08:59 PM   #1353
Mempile
empty page

Mempile has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
The notes included with this do not identify it as part of the Avantgarde Project.

The only relation, as far as i can tell, between the Avantgarde Project and this recording, is that it was transferred to .flac by the same person who did all the AGP transfers, and whose username at the pirate bay tracker was loudav.

Other recordings that i've got, which aren't listed as part of the AGP, but were also transferred by loudav:
  • Three works by Earle Brown
  • Paniagua -La Folia (24bit Flac)
  • Ravi Shankar, Raga Jogeshwari, 1980 (24 Bit FLAC)
I might be wrong, though.

hbj, you are correct, piratebay/mininova user loudav is Lou Davenport, father of the Avant Garde Project. The 24-bit FLAC transcriptions he has created with a $7000 turntable/analog/digital converter rig are legend.

Which brings me to: kindly reseed (again for me) Jacques Duphly Stehlin Harpsichord on FLAC? Don't know what happened last time I tried, but I haven't managed to get a byte yet.

Thanks!
Mempile is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2011, 09:41 PM   #1354
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mempile
hbj, you are correct, piratebay/mininova user loudav is Lou Davenport, father of the Avant Garde Project. The 24-bit FLAC transcriptions he has created with a $7000 turntable/analog/digital converter rig are legend.

Which brings me to: kindly reseed (again for me) Jacques Duphly Stehlin Harpsichord on FLAC? Don't know what happened last time I tried, but I haven't managed to get a byte yet.

Thanks!

I'll upload it to Megaupload or something most likely this weekend.
Old 03.27.2011, 09:51 AM   #1355
Mempile
empty page

Thanks again, hbj. I'll keep a sharp eye out for your (Mega)upload (and/or torrent)!
Old 03.28.2011, 08:24 PM   #1356
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

JACQUES DUPHLY
Stehlin Hapsichord (24 bit/44.1 KHZ FLAC)

loudav's notes:

This is a recording of harpsichord pieces by Jacques Duphly (1715-1789), a French harpsichord composer. Duphly is not as well known as his predecessors Francois Couperin and Jean-Philippe Rameau, but the music in this selection is excellent.

It was recorded on May 19/20, 1977 in the Hall of Musical Instruments, National Museum of History and Technology, Washington, DC. It was engineered by the always capable Marc Aubort and Joanna Nickrenz. The instrument, built by Benoist Stehlin in 1760, has a lovely complex tone characteristic of late French harpsichord design. It's one of the most altogether satisfying recordings of a harpsichord I've heard.

01 - Allemande, Courante, Le Vanlo [11:29]
02 - Rondeau, La Tribolet [7:05]
03 - Rondeau, La Damanzy, La Cazamajor [8:56]
04 - Le Forqueray [5:43]
05 - Chaconne [7:01]
06 - Le Medee [3:59]
07 - Le Pothouin [5:13]

Complete scores of Duphly's pieces for harpsichord can be found at:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Pi%C3%A8ces_de...ly,_Jacques%29

This is one in a series of LP transcriptions I'm uploading, using an analog rig that is near state-of-the-art (the turntable, tonearm, cartridge, pre-amplifier, and cables together cost about $10K). As a result, there is virtually no surface noise or tracking distortion, and much finer resolution of detail than you may be accustomed to in LP transcriptions. The sound is sweeter, richer, and more natural.

The LPs I'm selecting for these transcriptions were brilliantly recorded and are in excellent condition, so the transcriptions do full justice to the additional resolution provided by 24-bit quantization. The performances are among my favorites. The files have all been properly tagged and titled, according to WHAT.CD standards.

The torrent includes a PDF file with scans of the LP covers and liner notes, including pictures and technical drawings of the instrument.

Lyra Helikon phono cartridge
Linn LP12 turntable with Cirkus upgrade and Lingo power supply
Linn Ittok tonearm
Audioquest LeoPard tonearm cable
PS Audio PS2 preamplifier
Kimber PBJ interconnect
M-Audio Audiophile USB A/D converter
all plugged into PS Audio P300 Power Plant (regenerative AC synthesizer)

Live Lite 4 for M Audio 4.0.4, 24-bit/44.1 kHz
ClickRepair 3.0.1, DeClick=1, DeCrackle=Off, Method=Wavelet, Pitch Protection (lowest possible settings)
FLAC, level 8

Note: Some people have questioned my use of a relatively inexpensive M-Audio A/D converter with such a high-quality analog rig. But I can testify that the M-Audio produces excellent results. The output (D/A) side of budget components like the M-Audio is the main weakness, because outputting an analog signal requires pre-amplification, which requires good electronics to do well. But the input (A/D) side receives an already-amplified analog signal and merely has to digitize it. This is done by the Texas Instruments (formerly Burr-Brown) chip in the M-Audio, which has nothing to be ashamed of. All the M-Audio has to contribute is a minimal signal path (RCA connector, wires) to the chip and the DC power that the chip runs on. The quality of the DC power in this case is considerably enhanced by plugging the M-Audio into a PS Audio P300 Power Plant, which regenerates pure AC power through amplification of a 60 Hz, 117V signal. The resultant 24-bit files differ from the analog original only slightly.

Download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XJ56WL14

Optionally, if you prefer to download via your BitTorrent client, i'm re-seeding for a while one more time. You can download the .torrent file from here:
http://fenopy.com/torrent/jacques+duphly+1760+stehlin+harpsichord+24+bit+44+ 1+khz/Mjg3MjYxOA
Old 03.28.2011, 08:33 PM   #1357
Mempile
empty page

You're the best, hbj.
Old 04.13.2011, 03:17 AM   #1358
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

Li Jianhong - 鸟 [Bird] (2pi, 2007)
A solo work of Li with 8 guitar tracks, most of which were recorded from improvisational playing during September of 2007 and the others were even earlier. Compared with previous guitar solos which are more psychedelic and noisy, Bird is closer to totally free. Although his sound is still full of feedbacks of guitars, electronic currents and noises from pedals, this album is only a improvise flying with no aims.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h4u2uc507d7sufq (not my rip)

Li Jianhong / Huang Jin / Ji Mu / Li Tieqiao - Live in Nanjing [2pi]
A live recording of Li Jianhong (guitar/effects/vocal), Huang Jin (drum/percussion), Ji Mu (live electronics) and Li Tieqiao (alto sax) in Nanjing on Sep. 9th, 2006.
http://rapidshare.com/files/45719422...jing__2pi_.rar

Pisces Iscariots (Dajuin Yao + Li Jianhong + Yan Jun) - Live at 2pi Festival 2004 [KwanYin Records, 2006]
Dajuin Yao - laptop
Li Jianhong - tape recorder, laptop, effector
Yan Jun - singing bowls, sound forks, i-pod, MD, CD, voice
http://rapidshare.com/files/45720055...tival_2004.rar
Old 04.13.2011, 03:26 AM   #1359
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

Li Jianhong, Douglas Lee, VAVABOND, Huang Jin - Improvisitional Plan No 1 [2pi]

During the April of 2007, artists of 2pi records make their 2nd Shot of "ChuShen" tour in Chengdu and Chongqing of Sichuan Province. Li Jianhong, Douglas Lee, VAVABOND and Huang Jin decided to make an album by using the opportunity. The initial idea was to make a high-volum noise album without any restrictions, but the result was dissatisfied. Therefore, they went out to eat for a break in the deep midnight. It was the time the idea came out to Li Jianhong that he suggested to use the garbages in the rehearsal room - dumped plastic bags, instrument strings, plastic bags, paper, steel pipes - together with playing of instruments to make a recording freely and improvisationally. That is how this improv album was given to birth

Li Jianhong: Guitar, Surmu (22-30cm), plastic bags, electric fan, steel pipes, vocal, empty plastic bottles, other garbages.
Douglas Lee: Sumu (22-30cm), Surmu (32-40cm), Erh, vocal, cucurbit flute, plastic foam, empty plastic bottles, other garbages.
VAVABOND: Lap-top, garbages.
Huang Jin: Percussion, drum, bass strings, vocals, other garbages

http://rapidshare.com/files/45719786..._Plan_No_1.rar

That's my lot for now, I have to go grocery shopping.
Old 04.15.2011, 02:46 PM   #1360
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

BRIAN ENO
"Music for Prague"
(A Generative Music composition, 1998)

01. Music for Prague 58:44

This release is from a one-off CD of sound sketches made by Brian Eno while working on his 1998 installation with Jiri Prihoda in Prague.

During the installation itself, the music played on 12 CD players on random shuffle and repeat modes.

In January, 2001 the CD was donated to an auction in aid of South London Arts and raised £400.

More information about the installation, including a downloadable brochure, can be downloaded from here: http://www.jiriprihoda.cz/start.htm

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2od2wd
58656667 68 697071 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth