Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.15.2010, 10:20 AM   #1261
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
to be more "mutant"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2010, 10:21 AM   #1262
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
i wonder why the guy who runs it doesn't post his email address anymore? does he not want people contributing? or am I just looking in the wrong place?

mutant soundz 4 life

Old 07.17.2010, 03:22 PM   #1263
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
The Dead C - New Electric Music (2001)

Even if the Dead C themselves were hardly new when this album came out, the five tracks on it definitely show that the Russell/Morley/Yates trio was far from exhausted when it came to their own method of noise fun. Notably, New Electric Music isn't simply the Dead C just being the Dead C -- if anything, the combination of semi-glitch and extremely low-key feedback murk which starts the album with "Killer" shows that the old dogs can't merely learn new tricks, but that they can find ways to make them their own. Minimally spooked and sounding like a vague threat building outside one's door, "Killer" is one of the most subtle Dead C efforts ever, making the shift to the more familiar clatter/stomp/growl of "Hush" particularly jarring. That track is particularly dazzling, though, a spiraling, scraping guitar solo of some kind unwinding over its length as Yates lays down steady beats perfect for tripping out to, if one so desires. "Repulsion" perfectly balances both a strange, central rhythm of hums, drones, and what sounds like an occasional drum hit with everything from cymbal clashes to chopped-up and fiddled-with vocal samples -- call it the Dead C interprets Main, a worthy concept realized quite well. "Stand" is comparatively easygoing all around, not quite a lazy blues jam but perhaps a kissing cousin to same, even when the volume level perks up a bit about three minutes in. "Forever" both concludes the album and takes up nearly half of it at a little over half an hour in length. Making use of a clipped guitar feedback burst sample that's at once powerful and actually a little amusing at the same time, the three work around that as a core rhythm, with a slew of improvisations and backing electronic moans that's quite entrancing.

http://decrepittapes.blogspot.com/20...usic-2001.html
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.17.2010, 03:44 PM   #1264
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

thanks, brilliant band of course

Old 09.04.2010, 12:50 PM   #1265
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.04.2010, 04:57 AM   #1266
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Junge Front - Pest Of

Zweckfrei 13

Hier noch ein Junge Front Pest Of Tape. Es gibt zwar nichts neues aber der Vollständigkeit halber soll es hier erscheinen.

A Seite

01.Junge Front Lied

02.Massenmörder Oi
03.Strassenkampf
04.Bullenschwein
05.Bullen Jagd

B Seite

06.LSD
07.Politick
08.Für Christian
09.FFM Punk Armee

Bitrate 192 kbit/s

Old 11.08.2010, 05:20 AM   #1267
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Lydia Lunch / Michael Gira - "Hard Rock" (1984 cassette)

While I am posting fucked-up shit, here's some seriously fucked-up shit. Well, the Michael Gira side is, anyway. The Lydia side is typical Lydia spoken word. It's good, and has never shown up on any of her compilations. But The Swans' Michael Gira is the reason to get this: His tale of a boy's obsession with Mr. Smother must be heard to be believed. I won't give anything away but it starts out bad and gets worse and worse, spiraling to ever greater depths of depravity. Oh, and it's fucking hilarious! Made all the more so by his ultra-deadpan, matter-of-fact delivery. My friends and I were obsessed with this all those years ago.

This was Thurston Moore's Ecstatic Peace! label's first release, E#1, and came out the same time as the original "Sonic Death" cassette. I got both at once from and ad in Forced Exposure. They came on hand dubbed low noise cassettes with handwritten sticky labels. Just as if a friend made 'em for me (and hell, I like to think of ol' Thurston as a friend, haha). The covers were xeroxed on card stock.

Get this cassette rip HERE now!

Tracks:
01. I'm An Infant: I Worship Him (Michael Gira)
02. Wet Me On A Dead Night (Lydia Lunch)

http://pessimistclub.blogspot.com/20...rock-1984.html

Old 11.08.2010, 05:31 AM   #1268
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
jico will be happy
thanks marrazzo.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2010, 06:36 AM   #1269
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Lydia Lunch / Michael Gira - "Hard Rock" (1984 cassette)

While I am posting fucked-up shit, here's some seriously fucked-up shit. Well, the Michael Gira side is, anyway. The Lydia side is typical Lydia spoken word. It's good, and has never shown up on any of her compilations. But The Swans' Michael Gira is the reason to get this: His tale of a boy's obsession with Mr. Smother must be heard to be believed. I won't give anything away but it starts out bad and gets worse and worse, spiraling to ever greater depths of depravity. Oh, and it's fucking hilarious! Made all the more so by his ultra-deadpan, matter-of-fact delivery. My friends and I were obsessed with this all those years ago.

This was Thurston Moore's Ecstatic Peace! label's first release, E#1, and came out the same time as the original "Sonic Death" cassette. I got both at once from and ad in Forced Exposure. They came on hand dubbed low noise cassettes with handwritten sticky labels. Just as if a friend made 'em for me (and hell, I like to think of ol' Thurston as a friend, haha). The covers were xeroxed on card stock.

Get this cassette rip HERE now!

Tracks:
01. I'm An Infant: I Worship Him (Michael Gira)
02. Wet Me On A Dead Night (Lydia Lunch)

http://pessimistclub.blogspot.com/20...rock-1984.html

thanks for this, how much do you think those tapes are worth now?!?

i also got a SY show that i didn't have from this blog.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.08.2010, 09:26 AM   #1270
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

I've seen that some people have it on Discogs but haven't checked how much it's going for. I assume it's a lot of dosh.
Old 12.10.2010, 08:19 PM   #1271
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I didn't know where else to post this:

LOW
“Live at Eindhoven”

Recorded live January 22, 2009 in the St. Catherina Church, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Track Listing:
1. Monkey
2. Silver Rider
3. July
4. Laser Beam
Credits:
Initiator of Project: Muziekgebouw Eindhoven
Executive producer: Frank Veenstra
Arrangement: David Dramm
Photography: Bram Saeys
Additional Musicians:
Chorus: VocaalLAB (Bauwien van der Meer, Elsbeth Gerritsen, Fanny Alofs, Christian Damsgaard, Job Hubatka)
Hammond Organ/Analog Synthesizer/Piano: Dominik Blum
Percussion/Vibraphone: Marcel Andriessen, Margarita Kourtparadisou

Available to download from Low's website as a Christmas present:
http://chairkickers.com/
Old 12.10.2010, 09:15 PM   #1272
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Thanks so much for heads up......this is a very nice Christmas gift Did you know that Robert Plant covers a couple of LOW tracks on his new album?

Robert Plant - Monkey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqCqFyptovI
Robert Plant - Silver Rider: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJofSlY3k8

You are welcome.

I'm aware of the Robert Plant record. I've even listened to it. Didn't like it too much, really. He has been nominated for a couple Grammys:

Posted on December 2nd,2010
Robert Plant received 2 Grammy nominations today -one for his version of Low’s “Silver Rider” and one for his full Band of Joy CD that features 2 Low covers -”Silver Rider” and “Monkey”. Congrats to Mr. Plant.
Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance nominee:
Robert Plant – “Silver Rider” (written by ALAN SPARHAWK / LOW)
Best Americana Album nominee:
Robert Plant – “Band of Joy” (2 songs written by ALAN SPARHAWK / LOW)
Old 12.24.2010, 01:12 PM   #1273
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

HORATIU RADULESCU
"Sensual Sky"
"Iubiri"

Transcription of an out-of-print CD containing Horatiu Radulescu's "Sensual Sky" and "Iubiri". Both works are for chamber ensembles and sound icon (a piano upended and played directly on the exposed strings). Winds dominate in the scoring, but with a greater variety of timbres than in "Inner Time II", making these works somewhat more accessible. Both exemplify Radulescu's approach of, "realisation by synthesis of the global sources of sound, living sound plasmas wherein all the micro-parameters possess an infinite number of micro-rhythms."
  • Sensual Sky [20:56]
  • Iubiri [46:10]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0dw9z
Old 12.24.2010, 03:30 PM   #1274
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
HORATIU RADULESCU
"Sensual Sky"
"Iubiri"

Transcription of an out-of-print CD containing Horatiu Radulescu's "Sensual Sky" and "Iubiri". Both works are for chamber ensembles and sound icon (a piano upended and played directly on the exposed strings). Winds dominate in the scoring, but with a greater variety of timbres than in "Inner Time II", making these works somewhat more accessible. Both exemplify Radulescu's approach of, "realisation by synthesis of the global sources of sound, living sound plasmas wherein all the micro-parameters possess an infinite number of micro-rhythms."
  • Sensual Sky [20:56]
  • Iubiri [46:10]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v0dw9z
Hey, an AGP transfer I don't have - thanks! Do you have any of the other ones? The site is "closed" now.

rappard is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.24.2010, 07:07 PM   #1275
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

Here's another one:

ANDREW RUDIN
"Tragoedia"
Label: Nonesuch
Catalog#: H-71198
Format: Vinyl, LP
Released: 1968
Genre: Electronic
Style: Modern Classical
  • Kouros - 10:00
  • Hybris - 7:30
  • Peitho - 5:00
  • Ate - 15:00
This pioneering work of music for moog synthesizer has remarkably never been re-released on CD. It gets a 4.5/5 rating on the trip-o-meter from Dr. Schluss' Garage Of Psychedelic Obscurities.

From the composer's website:

“Andrew Rudin has been an important presence in the local contemporary music scene for the past four decades. His contributions to the modern canon have been eagerly awaited and happily appreciated.”

--Michael Caruso, Main Line Times, Philadelphia, Jan. 2007

Rudin’s reputation was established in the 1960’s through his association with Robert Moog and a pioneering series of synthesized compositions, most notably his Nonesuch album, "Tragoedia". Throughout the 1970’s many of his compositions were theatrical in nature, involving collaborations with ballet and modern dance, film, television, and incidental music for the stage. His one-act opera, "The Innocent" was produced in Philadelphia in 1972 by Tito Capobianco. A number of these works blended electronically synthesized sound with traditional instruments and voices. Particularly of note among these works is the inclusion of his music in the soundtrack of the film "Fellini: Satyricon". Among the dance groups and choreographers with whom he has worked are Dance Theatre Workshop, Jeff Duncan, Murray Louis, The Pennsylvania Ballet, London Contemporary Dance Theatre, Louis Falco, and four collaborations with Alwin Nikolais. The 1980’s saw the completion of his full-evening opera "Three Sisters", on a libretto by William Ashbrook from the play by Chekhov, as well as many works for traditional instruments, both orchestral and chamber music. After his graduation from The University of Pennsylvania, where he studied primarily with George Rochberg, he joined the faculty of The Philadelphia Musical Academy, remaining there for the next thirty-seven years, as it eventually became part of the present University of the Arts. During this time he taught music history, theory, and composition, directed the new music ensemble, and headed the electronic music studio. He taught in the graduate division of the Juilliard School from 1981-1984. Since his retirement in 2001 he has worked as a broadcaster for WWFM, The Classical Network from Mercer County Community College, and served on the board of directors for Philadelphia’s Orchestra 2001. He continues to compose extensively. His professional affiliation is BMI. He lives in Allentown, NJ with his partner, Tom Queenan.

Download link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pyjc8o

I'll be posting the other ones i've got in the near future. Damn shame that site is no longer working. It certainly was one of the best things the internet had to offer.

I hope i have something that might be new to you, rappard. The Horatiu Radulescu is the most recent thing i obtained from the AGP before it was closed. The other stuff i've got, i downloaded it maybe last year. At some point i also posted here La Monte Young & Marian Zazeela's "The Tamburas Of Pandit Pran Nath". Just now took a look at the old post, and the download link is still working:
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=1319
Old 12.25.2010, 02:14 AM   #1276
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

rappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's assesrappard kicks all y'all's asses
Gracias HBJ! Thankfully a few of the AGP torrents are still active.

Old 12.25.2010, 03:30 AM   #1277
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
No problem, Martin.

Are there really some torrents still up and running? I did a search at the pirate bay a while ago, and found nothing. Had the impression they all had been taken down as well, i don't know. If they are available at demonoid, i'm well fucked; that site doesn't work for me at all.
[snip]
I usually run Bit Che when searching for torrents - some of the AGP torrents seem to be running on the openbittorrent / publicbt trackers (at least that's what utorrent tells me). Not all of them seem well-seeded right now, though.

Edit: do you have any of the Xenakis ones?

Old 12.25.2010, 05:09 AM   #1278
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know. That's what i'll use from now on.

I must have some Xenakis stored on data DVD+Rs that i'm gonna have to go through. My archives are a bit messy at the moment. Either that, or it's sort of a pain in the ass to get used to my own chaos especially because i've been away from it for a bit of a while. Right now i can provide (and it would make me glad to do so) some recordings by La Monte Young ("The Well-Tuned Piano", "The Melodic Version Of The Second Dream Of The High-Tension Line"...), John Melby & James Teney, Pauline Oliveros, Ravi Shankar....

Should be checking the other DVD+Rs as well, dragging the files to an external hard-drive to have shit in order, and will post any Iannis Xenakis for you if i came across it.

EDIT:
Scratch that. Found AGP99, on Iannis Xenakis. Uploading to Sendspace now. I predict it will be up in a few minutes.
Thanks! Also keen on the Pauline Oliveros, by the way.

Old 12.25.2010, 05:31 AM   #1279
rappard
expwy. to yr skull

Time to reciprocate!

Various: Folds And Rhizomes For Gilles Deleuze (1995) [FLAC]
http://www.mediafire.com/?hjgt1ai8df2q302

Old 12.25.2010, 05:40 AM   #1280
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

Here you go, Martin:

IANNIS XENAKIS

AGP99 features the work of Iannis Xenakis, a Greek composer who needs no introduction for votaries of the 20th century avant garde. The vast majority of the works by Xenakis in my stacks are available on CD, but I was able to find three that are not. Incidentally, this installment comes to you thanks to a request by an AGP partisan for a transcription of Polla Ta Dhina. And for those of you not familiar with Xenakis: no, the title of the second track is not a typo. The torrent includes a PDF file with scans of the liner notes from the two LPs from which these works were transcribed.
  • Polla Ta Dhina [7:39]
  • ST/10-1-080262 [12:11]
  • Cendrees [23:18]
http://www.sendspace.com/file/inq3uq

Will be uploading the Pauline Oliveros in a few hours. I've been awake all day and all night. Gotta take a nap, then wake up and watch "I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown", then i'll be back. Gonna listen to this fine recording you just shared, before i hit the mattress. Thank you!
54616263 64 656667 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth