Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i'm in my 3rd trimester now
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.16.2010, 05:43 PM   #161
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
you trolling me AGAIN?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 05:50 PM   #162
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
no, the following isn't meant in the spirit of trolling:

i really don't think that people telling other people on message boards "how to live their lives" is that much of an imposition, unless those people are utterly blank idiots who are irresistibly drawn towards mimicking anything anyone says to them because they can't think for themselves whatsoever.

not that i was actually doing that. or that "telling someone how to lives their lives" isn't a fucking stupid concept to attach to one suggestion about one subject.

heaven forbid anyone say anybody else should do anything? why do you and others seem to think or at least act like NOT being told what to do is some sort of freedom? or that anything anyone says anyone else should is a fascistic order they are meant to obey at all costs and unthinkingly. if you were never told to do ANYTHING things would not somehow be better because of it.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 06:04 PM   #163
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses

cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 06:04 PM   #164
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
no, the following isn't meant in the spirit of trolling:

i really don't think that people telling other people on message boards "how to live their lives" is that much of an imposition, unless those people are utterly blank idiots who are irresistibly drawn towards mimicking anything anyone says to them because they can't think for themselves whatsoever.

not that i was actually doing that. or that "telling someone how to lives their lives" isn't a fucking stupid concept to attach to one suggestion about one subject.

heaven forbid anyone say anybody else should do anything? why do you and others seem to think NOT being told what to do is some sort of freedom? if you were never told to do ANYTHING things would not somehow be better because of it.

I don't doubt the motivation behind you posts isn't genuine, and I like that. On the other hand, I do doubt the motivation for Satan to start this thread is more serious than how it comes across. To me that's something you should bear in mind. I have to admit I still don't believe Satan is having a baby to start with, which makes this thread all the more sad. I hope she is, but that's just me.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 06:31 PM   #165
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
well by that logic knox you shouldn't tell someone not to walk across a bridge that is about to collapse because "there are many other dangerous bridges and you would also have to tell them not to walk straight off the cliff instead of even walking onto the bridge."

its not about telling people things, its about saying things for the sake of the truth value they have in themselves. so yes, i would hope all women know that all those things you listed are dangerous to their pregnancies. and i would hope if they somehow didn't know and laboured under the assumption that these things were not dangerous someone would tell them.

i'm pretty sure most pregnant women are aware of the dangers of smoking.
usually, their doctors are in charge of that so i don't think they need random citizens to remind them constantly - it's not like they forget, it's more like they're addicted.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 06:38 PM   #166
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I don't doubt the motivation behind you posts isn't genuine, and I like that. On the other hand, I do doubt the motivation for Satan to start this thread is more serious than how it comes across. To me that's something you should bear in mind. I have to admit I still don't believe Satan is having a baby to start with, which makes this thread all the more sad. I hope she is, but that's just me.

bearing this in mind there's nothing i would have said differently to her.
Old 11.16.2010, 06:40 PM   #167
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
i'm pretty sure most pregnant women are aware of the dangers of smoking.
usually, their doctors are in charge of that so i don't think they need random citizens to remind them constantly - it's not like they forget, it's more like they're addicted.

addiction can only be the act of refusal to quit. not inability to quit. for if you are to see it like this you shall never actually quit.

now, i really have said all i will say on all this.
Old 11.16.2010, 07:14 PM   #168
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I suppose you haven't been addicted to anything?

Old 11.16.2010, 07:18 PM   #169
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
i'm just going to say something that hasn't been mentioned yet:

congratulations again on the baby satan, i hope everything goes well for the next 10 weeks!

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 08:23 PM   #170
knox
invito al cielo

nicotine is way more addictive than food, generally.

i find taking up exercise or dieting much easier than quitting smoking.

usually, people don't know how hard it is to quit unless they've been there.

tho it's true that some people have that easier than others, but i suppose that's because there are some people who are genetically less inclined to be addicted to things.

you'll find that doctors do say pregnant women should quit smoking, but most i've seen say cutting back is less dangerous than simply quitting at once.

Old 11.16.2010, 08:38 PM   #171
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Your posts are like being showered in cacophonic diarrhea.

Edit - DDD

From you that's probably a compliment, you sick bastard.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 08:48 PM   #172
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
well then you're gonna have to start telling women with certain health conditions, genetic disorders, problems with substances or poison, over 35, diabetic, with hiv, drug addictions, diabetes, obesity or even women who live in very polluted cities not to have babies? You're gonna have to try and stop them and control their diets, activities and stress levels? Because all of those things are dangerous, a lot of them more dangerous than smoking.

A woman not being able to quit smoking during pregnancy is not the same thing as a mean child abuser, you gotta be out of your mind to even imply that.

next thing you'll say women who feed their children junk food should be punished?

Also, I think what you're implying is very insulting towards Satan.

Drug addicts should not RAISE children.

Obesity, diabetes, etc. are not always brought on by choices made by the person. Don't be such a fucking troll. I know a guy with diabetes who took care of himself his whole life. It wasn't cuz he ate shit and was a fat slob.

Smoking while pregnant is a choice, raising a child in a house filled with 2nd hand smoke is a choice. Beating a child is a choice. Maybe not the best analogy, but far closer than yours. You are harming the child and know you are harming the child and still harming the child anyways. It's selfish.

And no I dont go around judging people, but if you admit something stupid like "ya I still smoke and am pregnant, does that make me a terrible person?" on a message board I will answer the fucking question.

And I would prefer you not tell me what I'm going to post next.

Women who feed their children junk food should learn to cook. Maybe.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 08:57 PM   #173
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
your pregnant, well done. dont smoke its bad for the baby.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 09:23 PM   #174
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
let's flip the tables.

imagine men get pregnant. imagine satan is a man and posts this thread.

guys post "dude, you know its wrong, so quit being a selfish prick and stop harming your kid"

and satan would be all: "you're right man. i'm tryin. I'm gonna do it."

but instead, we get all the asshole women commiserating together and telling men "well you don't know whats it like, and don't tell me what to do with my body".

a man, pregnant or not, would not post that.

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 09:33 PM   #175
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
let's flip the tables.

imagine men get pregnant. imagine satan is a man and posts this thread.

guys post "dude, you know its wrong, so quit being a selfish prick and stop harming your kid"

and satan would be all: "you're right man. i'm tryin. I'm gonna do it."

but instead, we get all the asshole women commiserating together and telling men "well you don't know whats it like, and don't tell me what to do with my body".

is your "men vs. women" routine some sort of 80s comedy revival?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 09:35 PM   #176
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
starring emilio estevez and phoebe cates. yes

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 09:45 PM   #177
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
starring emilio estevez and phoebe cates. yes

i see. i thought it was more like this shit:

http://www.snotr.com/video/1180

warning: the audience laughs, but it's painful to watch
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 09:47 PM   #178
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Drug addicts should not RAISE children.

Obesity, diabetes, etc. are not always brought on by choices made by the person. Don't be such a fucking troll. I know a guy with diabetes who took care of himself his whole life. It wasn't cuz he ate shit and was a fat slob.

Smoking while pregnant is a choice, raising a child in a house filled with 2nd hand smoke is a choice. Beating a child is a choice. Maybe not the best analogy, but far closer than yours. You are harming the child and know you are harming the child and still harming the child anyways. It's selfish.

And no I dont go around judging people, but if you admit something stupid like "ya I still smoke and am pregnant, does that make me a terrible person?" on a message board I will answer the fucking question.

And I would prefer you not tell me what I'm going to post next.

Women who feed their children junk food should learn to cook. Maybe.

I thought your point was risks for the child not a moral debate on what's a person's choice or what is not.

If your concerns are really about the child, then you would be more worried about an obese person, or someone with genetic disorders having a baby. Let's stop this false moralism then.

I don't particularly think any of these things are choices: being fat, having diabetes, being a drug addict.

And I'm not in a position to say who should or shouldn't have children. Because if I were, I'd say 99% of the population shouldn't.

As for being pregnant, I have no idea how that feels. Still, a man knows even less.

What I do know is how hard it is to quit smoking, therefore I do not judge anyone for failing at that.

Now, I'd imagine it'd be much easier for a pregnant woman to quit smoking if her partner did as well, and the whole environment would be smoke-free. Now I don't see anyone having at go at men for not "helping" their pregnant ladies quit.

I don't even have to begin explaining how beating up a child is a million times more damaging and wrong than having a few smokes while you're pregnant, do I? Honestly.

It's easy to judge and say smoking is a "choice" but deep down you know quite well it is not. Otherwise, it wouldn't be so fucking hard to quit.

Old 11.16.2010, 09:47 PM   #179
space
expwy. to yr skull

space kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's assesspace kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
well you don't know whats it like, and don't tell me what to do with my body.

o, ya. I went there.
space is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 09:54 PM   #180
knox
invito al cielo

Of course, another debate is why "community" has this expectation that a woman should instantly become a selfless being from the moment she learns she's pregnant. When obviously that level of self-control and selflessness is not even human, and the daddy generally doesn't face these high expectations and finger-pointing.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth