Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Dear america, you're embarrasing yourself
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.23.2009, 01:50 AM   #161
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
are you scared to say "black", or "hispanic"?

...no. because it goes a lot farther than that. immigrants, Jews, muslims...it's all relative.

Quote:
and rotting teeth is almost always more of an issue of personal hygiene, not healthcare. if one cant afford a toothbrush...then thats really sad because its easy to get them for free.
Except for when you are homeless and don't have a sink, or toothpaste.

And don't even begin to start talking about shelters, because half the time they are either stuffed or you can't go there with your family.

Quote:
i also am VERY WELL AWARE that there are plenty of folks from bad families, or "the hood" that have made a concious effort to better themselves by not buying into the bullshit. NOT a good excuse.
It's not "buying into bullshit" when those are the only options that are seemingly avaliable and that's what you've been raised with. People join gangs in the innercity because that's the only way for them to get protection/monetary support etc.

Quote:
if yr from the hood and cant get out and dont want to "sell yrself" join the fucking army.

I don't even know where to get started with this one. i'll just talk from the experience of the people i have met - gang violence follows people into basic training, you can't join the army with certain medical conditions, homosexuals aren't allowed in the army...or just having moral convictions against wanting to kill. the rich shouldn't be the only people who are able to protect their values...

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2009, 01:53 AM   #162
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
My past jobs had me operating an entire shipping/receiving department and closing down a movie theater. They even offered me a manager position before I had to leave back to uni.

Sounds like you have it pretty good.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2009, 01:57 AM   #163
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
join the army? join the US fucking army? yeah that's what people from the hood should do, join the US army, if they don't end up dead or severly injured or with war pyschosis they will at least have killed a few iraqs or afghans and contributed to the corporate genocide/invasion for oil. is that why we have poor people in the first place, so they can go off and die in your wars?

fuck you and your army. fuck you needle in the sway. that's one of the most disgusting things ive ever heard, even from an attention seeking cunt such as yourself.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2009, 02:04 AM   #164
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
homeless people "want" to be homeless, if they didn't they could just get a job/home.

the military is not "about killing".

you are a fucking idiot.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:08 AM   #165
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k

the military is not "about killing".
it's not supposed to be anyway
Old 08.23.2009, 02:11 AM   #166
ni'k
invito al cielo

haha!

FROM THE NEW STATESMAN ARTICLE http://www.newstatesman.com/asia/200...world-war-iraq

The global reach of the US military today is unprecedented and unparalleled. Officially, more than 190,000 troops and 115,000 civilian employees are massed in approximately 900 military facilities in 46 countries and territories (the unofficial figure is far greater). The US military owns or rents 795,000 acres of land, with 26,000 buildings and structures, valued at $146bn (£89bn). The bases bristle with an inventory of weapons whose worth is measured in the trillions and whose killing power could wipe out all life on earth several times over.
The official figures exclude the huge build-up of troops and structures in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past decade, as well as secret or unacknowledged facilities in Israel, Kuwait, the Philippines and many other places. In just three years of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, $2bn was spent on military construction. A single facility in Iraq, Balad Airbase, houses 30,000 troops and 10,000 contractors, and extends across 16 square miles, with an additional 12 square mile "security perimeter". From the battle zones of Afghanistan and Iraq to quiet corners of Curaçao, Korea and Britain, the US military domain consists of sprawling army bases, small listening posts, missile and artillery testing ranges and berthed aircraft carriers (moved to "trouble spots" around the world, each carrier is considered by the US navy as "four and a half acres of sovereign US territory"). While the bases are, literally speaking, barracks and weapons depots, staging areas for war-making and ship repairs, complete with golf courses and basketball courts, they are also political claims, spoils of war, arms sale showrooms and toxic industrial sites. In addition to the cultural imperialism and episodes of rape, murder, looting and land seizure that have always accompanied foreign armies, local communities are now subjected to the ear-splitting noise of jets on exercise, to the risk of helicopters and warplanes crashing into residential areas, and to exposure to the toxic materials that the military uses in its daily operations.

Yeah man great and honourable to be in the US military! after vietnam, iraq, afghanistan, all the countless other genocide/dictator installing fun you guys have all over the world i bet its really fucking honourable. if your a psychotic imperialistic blackwater CEO who thinks you have a right to kill rape and pillage your way around the globe.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:13 AM   #167
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I worked in a non-profit that advocated for ex-convict rights to employment while in college, All of Us or None. Wasn't doing much other than bitch work, but the ex-convicted women that worked there were some of the nicest but hardest working women I've ever known. Unfortunately, it sounded as though their victories were few and far between.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.23.2009, 02:14 AM   #168
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I worked in a non-profit that advocated for ex-convict rights to employment while in college, All of Us or None. Wasn't doing much other than bitch work, but the ex-convicted women that worked there were some of the nicest but hardest working women I've ever known. Unfortunately, it sounded as though their victories were few and far between.
that's really admirable. good lookin' out.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:15 AM   #169
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
it's not supposed to be anyway

yeah all that genocide is just an unfortunate side affect.

me need the US military? well let's see... i've never fucking needed them and never will. but thanks to them/the UK there's a lot of middle eastern countries where i might not be so welcome anymore.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:24 AM   #170
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
thats one story.

lets not forget the many soldiers that have gave up their MRE's to feed starving vietnamese children. or the ones that were (and i believe they were...even if their MIGHT have been a hidden agenda by their superiors) trying to help feed starving somalians. or the soldiers cool enough to play kick-ball with third-world nation children. or the american planes that have flew over whatever given places dropping off food/water to people that need it. or the soldiers that joined the military in HOPES of making the country they live in a better/safer place (and i for one realize they have acheived that, no matter what anyone says. again, there isnt a korean or a russian military base in my backyard).

...say waht you will. of course, its cool to hate the military. i too wish we didnt NEED one, but that isnt reality. war is in human nature. WE ARE SAVAGES. its been like that, and will continue to be like that (most likely) until the end of time. when i hear of certain other places that dont like us much (even if it may be rightfully so) having missiles, i for one am thankful that the US has one badass fucking military.

thats just me.

YEAH THINK OF THOSE AWESOME SOLDIERS WHO HELPED FEED THE STARVING VIETNAMESE PEOPLE AFTER THEY BOMBED THE COUNTRY TO SHIT! It was definitly worth invading/slaughtering so many other men women and children just so they could get a good photo op of soldiers feeding some starving kids so assholes like you back home could get all teary eyed.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:27 AM   #171
ni'k
invito al cielo

Quote:
basically..the military has done a lot other than kill....to state that this is their main purpose is a bit ignorent.

didnt th military do a lot to help in the katrina situation? pulling stranded people from flooded neighborhoods? offering first aid? fending off looters?

yep...they did.

that and much more.

HAHA! It just gets fucking better! katrina! the US military! looters!

i guess those poor blacks were the "looters" and the white folks were the "finders"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46RlBzWMGnc
Old 08.23.2009, 02:32 AM   #172
ni'k
invito al cielo

actually, that story about the helicopter being shot down was made up.

here's some research for ya http://www.reason.com/news/show/36327.html
Old 08.23.2009, 02:34 AM   #173
ni'k
invito al cielo

yes. it was. try reading.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:34 AM   #174
ni'k
invito al cielo

again, here is the link http://www.reason.com/news/show/36327.html
Old 08.23.2009, 02:36 AM   #175
ni'k
invito al cielo

why don't you try READING THE LINK http://www.reason.com/news/show/36327.html
Old 08.23.2009, 02:38 AM   #176
ni'k
invito al cielo

but i should believe the made up story about people trying to shoot down helicopters tho?

again. why don't you try reading the http://www.reason.com/news/show/36327.html
Old 08.23.2009, 02:42 AM   #177
ni'k
invito al cielo

your other 2 posts on this page are some of the most disgusting bile i've read in a long time. if you actually believe that bullshit right wing narrative of what happened then you could at best be said to be a deluded asshole.

here is naomi kleins' take on it http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-...t_b_77886.html
Old 08.23.2009, 02:43 AM   #178
ni'k
invito al cielo

yeah good luck pulling out of her and ejaculating on your own stomach
Old 08.23.2009, 02:48 AM   #179
ni'k
invito al cielo

and swa(y), walker of the dark path, continues to embarrass himself with each post.
Old 08.23.2009, 02:49 AM   #180
Satan
invito al cielo

get a room you two.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth