Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page discussion about time, does time exist?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.02.2013, 03:23 PM   #161
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I am a rehabilitating colonist with an antipodean spouse and the TIMELINE of my expatriation will be detailed below.

Q-bert's austral-commentary was directed towards me.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2013, 03:38 PM   #162
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
someday I will piss on the hem of the Queen's dress, then ask her if she likes the smell.
Old 01.02.2013, 03:49 PM   #163
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
And I will punch you squarely in the jaw.

Lay off my Mum, seppo.
Old 01.02.2013, 05:20 PM   #164
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I wrote it in Esperanto....
Old 01.02.2013, 07:35 PM   #165
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses

<><> THREAD_OVER>RETURN_TO_MAIN_BOARD <><>
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.02.2013, 07:46 PM   #166
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
it's not that we need you gone of course, but it would be nice to see you write about a different subject, like, the actual (not imagined) taste of kangaroo taco.

so-- when?

June / July

I'm juggling about a thousand things right now. my visa takes "3-6 months" and then I must travel to Oz shortly after its approval. our son will be born around the end of March. at that point, we need to wait a few weeks for the birth certificate, send that to Oz to establish citizenship and then send it all back for an Aussie passport for the boy. on top of this, I have two cats who need scheduling for quarantine to match about the time we arrive (they have to spend a month in jail). trying to find the gravitational keyhole that allows me to do it all in one trip is trying.

lease in Austin is up 1st of May and the wife will be off work, so we plan to move back to LA to await paperwork processing (and let my mother spend time with our child while she can).

I plan to sell the car, liquidate all furnishings and crap we don't plan to ship. there'll be friends receiving art supplies out the ass once we go. finding a slow-boat transport for the things we do intend to take (like my mixing board) is just another item on the ever-growing list... I can't help but look at all my stuff and think about what I aim to just throw away.

coming to TexASS was a wise choice, due to easy employment and friends-who-are-like-family, but I'm done with it. I wanted to be near my son for a few more years, and give my wife a taste of 'murrca while it was still possible, and I've accomplished that. the day that I never have to see another giant white dual-axel King's Ranch Motherfuxing Texas Pickemup Truck again, cannot come soon enough.

I'd never usually bother to discuss any of this in public, but I fear you are right. In my zeal, I talk about Oz often, but still remain stateside.

as dem bredrin', I, I & I mon say:

time be time. soon come.

anyone know a good international moving company? right now, I'm looking at $1,000 for about 100 sq. feet of boxed goods. that about covers my wife's side of the closet.
Old 01.02.2013, 08:20 PM   #167
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss

^^see this photo and see how tiny it looks? it only proves time is a bubble growing bigger and bigger. no straight lines in the cosmic schethings. just bubbles. i wonder how small the egyptains would seem if someone had a camera?

bubbles are round right? just like the water that goes down yr drain. round/cirular. gravity always goes around. spinnning and circles. key too the universe.

i could pinch Lincolin's head off with my fingers.

Their lifeless eyes seem to be noteworthy as well. It has been believed by many different cultures that a photograph has the ability to truly capture your soul, and if that is the case, the dead glares of the faces from old photos show that all good things must come to an end.
Old 01.02.2013, 10:24 PM   #168
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
if time is just an illusion. then why should you define it? fuck it.

spending time with family and good friends is the only thing that dissolves time for me.

i calculate time based on my grey hair goatee at 32 years old. earth revolves around this and that... solar system that.... mr. spaceman goes into space and if he comes back to earth, then is it his?.... planet he left off. enstiend was right. so what's the big deal in defining this shit?

i'm here and that is all that matters.

you people are just thinkers and bring hypotheses after you.

human.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. You are wrong. I am wrong. Everything is wrong. Time is WRONG.

Emit si GNORW.

.wtriiosmneg.
Old 01.03.2013, 02:58 AM   #169
gast30
invito al cielo

gast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's assesgast30 kicks all y'all's asses
well it is a great morning and i woke up without time )
gast30 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:08 AM   #170
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quoting one's self is tasteless, but I'll damned if I type this all again.

Code:
>this.post -is a time.machine............................................................. ^for #%&#&&#$

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
June / July

I'm juggling about a thousand things right now. my visa takes "3-6 months" and then I must travel to Oz shortly after its approval. our son will be born around the end of March. at that point, we need to wait a few weeks for the birth certificate, send that to Oz to establish citizenship and then send it all back for an Aussie passport for the boy. on top of this, I have two cats who need scheduling for quarantine to match about the time we arrive (they have to spend a month in jail). trying to find the gravitational keyhole that allows me to do it all in one trip is trying.

lease in Austin is up 1st of May and the wife will be off work, so we plan to move back to LA to await paperwork processing (and let my mother spend time with our child while she can).

I plan to sell the car, liquidate all furnishings and crap we don't plan to ship. there'll be friends receiving art supplies out the ass once we go. finding a slow-boat transport for the things we do intend to take (like my mixing board) is just another item on the ever-growing list... I can't help but look at all my stuff and think about what I aim to just throw away.

coming to TexASS was a wise choice, due to easy employment and friends-who-are-like-family, but I'm done with it. I wanted to be near my son for a few more years, and give my wife a taste of 'murrca while it was still possible, and I've accomplished that. the day that I never have to see another giant white dual-axel King's Ranch Motherfuxing Texas Pickemup Truck again, cannot come soon enough.

I'd never usually bother to discuss any of this in public, but I fear you are right. In my zeal, I talk about Oz often, but still remain stateside.

as dem bredrin', I, I & I mon say:

time be time. soon come.

anyone know a good international moving company? right now, I'm looking at $1,000 for about 100 sq. feet of boxed goods. that about covers my wife's side of the closet.
Old 01.03.2013, 10:19 AM   #171
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
@flotz

damn, that was encyclopedic info, but hellay in may and ostralia in july? sounds like progress. i had begun to think you were making it all up, like saying "i'm traveling to castlevania" or something.

moving company: having moved bazillions of times the best method i've found is to sell everything and transport only cash. do you mean cubic feet? there's gotta be a height limit! ("as tall as the container"?)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:33 AM   #172
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Yeah cubic...my bad. I've already been travelling lightly, but can't bear to lose my records and comic books. The thought of my vinyl inside of a roasting container ship frightens me, however. Unless I can get solid assurances, Savage Clone's Psychic TV collection is about to increase in size. Someday soon, I plan to go to the local record store and pick brains.

I won't be taking much cash (thankfully do not need to) as I'll be keeping my US bank account open so that the few remaining child support payments for my son continue unfettered, without need for conversion fees. Besides.....US dollar is at near-Peso levels...LOL.
Old 01.03.2013, 10:42 AM   #173
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
the human brain is strangely qualified to understand nature at a level which is, at least, somewhat non-dependent upon Chomskian Universal Grammar. (Note I am, here, NOT disagreeing with Chomsky's Universal Grammar hypothesis; I am, rather, simply indicating that this hypothesis may amply be a manifestation of something much more profound within the human understanding, which just so happens to make of art the filler-in between human logical understanding and the fullness of human wisdom.)

my previous message was directed at flotto but this is the point i wanted to mention to you:

you're mixing up two diverse hypotheses here.

sapir-whorf argue that language molds (and somehow precedes?) understanding.

chomsky et. al. do not-- aphasia does not imply agnosia. under this model understanding actually precedes language.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:43 AM   #174
Trama
stalker

Trama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's assesTrama kicks all y'all's asses

Trama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:59 AM   #175
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Oh, I'm goin' full-on staylian, mate. Roo moccasins, Holden Ute and a Southern Cross tattoo across my neck.
Old 01.03.2013, 11:05 AM   #176
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I want some kangaroo testes as a keychain...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2013, 10:28 PM   #177
afterthefact
invito al cielo

I never thought I would say this... this is getting way too deep, we need to get back to discussing the existence of time.
Old 01.03.2013, 10:44 PM   #178
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
the additional suggestion that one purpose of art is to express meanings which cannot be expressed through language

Gerhard Richter agrees with you; as do I.
Old 01.04.2013, 03:58 AM   #179
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Soooo....can we just use this thread to make up new words?

I vote for emrap...definition: the feeling you get when you pour the cereal into the bowl THEN realize you don't have enough milk.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2013, 08:50 AM   #180
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I don;t like a lot of milk in my cereal.

the first clock was the human heartbeat.

The first calendar was the procession of the night sky.

Can you imagine the first rimjob?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth