Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.06.2016, 10:09 AM   #1501
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeah Hotline Bling sounds good but how much of it has to do with Drake? His producers don't get enough credit. 40 is a brilliant producer and he carried each and every one of his albums, he's the main reason Drake got this far.

And the Weeknd.

Drake doesn't produce shit. I'm not sure he knows how. If he does, he has no interest in doing it. He likes to "executive" produce... re: finance ... shit. Likes to put his name on things. When his era ends, he's going to be a major facepalm for the folks who like him.

And what's weird is that a lot of hip-hop fans really don't like him. I mean, I Fucking hate Meek Mill as a person and as an artist, and he's an awful human being, but his take on Drake being "buttery soft" is very common. In fact when I sit and think about it, I'm not sure who his audience really is.

Also, "woes" means "working on excellence" so... that hurt my view of IYRTITL.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2016, 10:15 AM   #1502
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
you know how that shit go
Old 04.06.2016, 10:22 AM   #1503
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hah
Old 04.06.2016, 10:39 AM   #1504
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Aaaaaahhhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
No. Fucking. Way. No. No, you're fucking with me louder. You're using your knowledge of me and the things I find ridiculous and hilarious and you're digging deep into my psyche to create the perfect lyiric to send me into fits of laughter. Right?

There's no way this is really a song lyric. Please tell me you're just sitting around, writing fake Drake lyrics with the sole purpose of making me piss myself.

No fucking way. That makes "if I fuck this model/ and she just bleached her asshole/ and I get bleach on my t-shirt/ ima feel like an asshole" sound like the very cutting edge of satirical poetry. Makes it sound fucking profound.
LOL

It's one of the opening lines to his new song with Kanye. My reaction wasn't different than yours.

Kanye definitely had the better verse on the song, by the way.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2016, 10:48 AM   #1505
Severian
invito al cielo

Hey I forgot to mention this, but back in March when Kanye was changing Life of Pablo on TIDAL, and even non stop Kanye cock-gobblers like pitchfork were bitching about him trying to milk cash from the millions who signed up for the free trial of TIDAL just to hear TLOP, TIDAL actually sent me an email and said that because of the updates to the album, my free trial was being extended for another month.

I received two of these emails, one around the time he made the first change (to "Famous") and another when he restored balance to "Wolves" and threw "Frank's Track" on there and made some changes to the bass level in some parts of the album.

Nobody reported on this. Pitchfork didn't. But they would have if they'd known, because they report on everything that has anythjng to do with Kanye. None of the media outlets I visit noted that anyone who joined TIDAL just for TLOP was given TWO trial period extensions, rather than being billed for the next month.

I just thought this was important to point out. I originally said here that I opted to keep my Tidal subscription, and I did, but I didn't realize they hadn't charged me until later.

Then the album went up on Spotify and Apple and Googlr Play and then it was for sale (and I have purchased it, and have an encrypted download link that I can access from any computer as many times as I want to.)

So, I guess I should publicly say that Kanye did pretty much everything I wanted him to do, and I believe he has actually come through pretty well on this album in terms of making it available to fans while also supporting TIDAL (which should be more popular than it is, because he sound quality is bomb, and musicians get better compensation than they do through Spotify). So I'm pretty happy with he whole thing now. I just hope a hard copy is eventually available.
Old 04.06.2016, 10:59 AM   #1506
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
LOL

It's one of the opening lines to his new song with Kanye. My reaction wasn't different than yours.

Kanye definitely had the better verse on the song, by the way.

No surprise there. I'm not really sure what Drake's actually good at. I thought it was punchy one liners, but apparently not. And if you look at his career highlights, most of them sound like they're direct ripoffs of something Kanye did ten years ago.

Look at "6 p.m. In New York," which aside from "6 man" is my favorite track on IYRTITL... Tell me that song isn't just a grab-bag of Graduation era sounds and sentiments. The rest of the album has more of an 808's/Yeezus minimalist vibe, but that song just screams Kanye from the lyrics to the synths to the message and beyond.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song, but I love it in the way I love Jedi Mind Tricks: with reservation, knowing that -- like JMT with their never ending Wu-Tang rehashes -- Drake is doing nothing to distinguish himself or add something new to the zeitgeist, and is unapologetically, and quite simply, TOTALLY ripping off another artist, who made the same sounds with the same lyrical styles in fucking 2007 and did it 20 times better.

Just like how Take Care was more of a "I can do MBDTF stuff also kinda!" than any sort of unique or singular attempt to build an identity, and Nothing Was the Same was mostly 808's with a weird crooner vibe to it.

Drake's goddamn lucky Kanye seems to be tolerant of him, and even seems to be his friend.
Old 04.06.2016, 03:40 PM   #1507
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
New ASAP Ferg album soon and here's the tracklist:

Chuck fuckin' D?!
Old 04.06.2016, 04:56 PM   #1508
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Drake is the cock gobbler Donny Osmond of rap. he's so fairy and sugary that his rhymes float to the top of the atmosphere after released from the speakers.
pepper_green is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.06.2016, 05:26 PM   #1509
pepper_green
Banned

pepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's assespepper_green kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
New ASAP Ferg album soon and here's the tracklist:

Chuck fuckin' D?!

real talk. I was just listening to Trap Lord randomly a couple of weeks ago.

Chuck fucking D is the man.
Old 04.06.2016, 07:29 PM   #1510
pepper_green
Banned

Kanye ^Future<>^^^&&&<< Young Thung>^^^>>>>.>^>

but $F$$erg^^^kanUye***^^^FutuCre!!K!!!young ThuUng>>.

I remember when someone posted a vid of the weekend with cars exploding and all. I thought it was lamest thing of all but, this dude that it was soooo hottt. what a joke!! oh but, that bass. so hot but so soulless shit!

any asshole that listens to the weekend should be cut throat.
Old 04.06.2016, 08:37 PM   #1511
pepper_green
Banned

Future is a bitch. fuck that nigga!!! and Young Thug Too!! fuck both of those nigga assholes!!

fuck u and yr girlfriend. fuck pitchfork and fuck all you hipsters.
Old 04.06.2016, 08:43 PM   #1512
pepper_green
Banned

Quote:
Man what the hell are you even talking about..

yr a hipster dude! that's what im talking about! damn dude! do you really think yr something that yr not?

you think yr some cultivating outcast with underground taste? fuck no! yr not. yr a fucking hipster dude.

yr a 2010 hipster. you. are. a. hipster. everyone is nice to you because you mined your business and post only in the café. I'm not going to be nice to you cause. you're a hipster. you and Sev. get mad all u want.
Old 04.06.2016, 08:57 PM   #1513
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
excited for the new Ferg.

Biggest hip hop news of the week, I haven't seen mentioned here. Did you all miss it?

Apparently before Phife's passing, Tribe and Outkast had secretly been planning to make an album together. CAN YOU FCUKING IMAGINE???? Oh, what we lost you guys. I wonder if they recorded ANYTHING?
Old 04.06.2016, 09:08 PM   #1514
pepper_green
Banned

Drake can suck a dick. cum gobbler.
Old 04.06.2016, 09:57 PM   #1515
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
yr a hipster dude! that's what im talking about! damn dude! do you really think yr something that yr not?

you think yr some cultivating outcast with underground taste? fuck no! yr not. yr a fucking hipster dude.

yr a 2010 hipster. you. are. a. hipster. everyone is nice to you because you mined your business and post only in the café. I'm not going to be nice to you cause. you're a hipster. you and Sev. get mad all u want.
Ok then, maybe you're right and I'm a hipster. I got better things to worry about.
Old 04.06.2016, 09:58 PM   #1516
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
excited for the new Ferg.

Biggest hip hop news of the week, I haven't seen mentioned here. Did you all miss it?

Apparently before Phife's passing, Tribe and Outkast had secretly been planning to make an album together. CAN YOU FCUKING IMAGINE???? Oh, what we lost you guys. I wonder if they recorded ANYTHING?
Man WHAT.

That SUCKS. I still hope Tip is gonna drop "The Last Zulu" sooner or later..
Old 04.06.2016, 10:56 PM   #1517
Severian
invito al cielo

Guess we're hipsters louder.

If hipster means huge maniacal music fan who loves Sonic Youth, Kanye, unwound, DJ Koze, aphex twin, tom waits, tons of electronic music and hates modern indie rock, then yeah I guess I'm a hipster.
Old 04.07.2016, 08:22 AM   #1518
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
hipster means hip to shit that the squares/norms are NOT.

everyone here is a fucking hipster.....
Old 04.07.2016, 09:03 AM   #1519
louder
invito al cielo

SuchFriends (and everyone else), what are your thoughts on Buju Banton?
Old 04.07.2016, 09:12 AM   #1520
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hipster means hip to shit that the squares/norms are NOT.

everyone here is a fucking hipster.....

I still agree, but apparently some folks wanna throw shade with that word. Ugh.
66737475 76 77787986126176 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth