oh, ok. like i care 3 7.14%
go-karts! 6 14.29%
daydream nation 6 14.29%
other (specify) 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05.16.2007, 09:47 PM   #14461
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyfeedback
this makes me sad also.

there should be a Don't Look Back: Leaves Turn Inside You
Just saying that hurts my heart If they ever get back together, i'm dropping everything and chasing them until I'm stripped down naked and without any form of movement to make it to the next gig. I'll sell my fucking legs man.

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 09:47 PM   #14462
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
hey there

that would probably be the coolest thing ever.
Old 05.16.2007, 09:50 PM   #14463
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrrtyboots
But one of the openers, dirty projectors, is probably the most original and talented pop band i've heard in ages. check it: http://www.daytrotter.com/article/72...rty-projectors

yes! they are really, really good.

i'll be honest and say they aren't terrifyingly original but i still think harlem shakes put out one of my favorite albums (eh, eps, albums) ever with 'burning birthdays'. i will be geeking out about them forever.
Old 05.16.2007, 09:53 PM   #14464
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
As long as the band hits you somewhere special then fuck originality. But in the case of the dirty projectors, they completely upstaged hella when i saw them. Which is a ballsy statement considering hella is one of the most technically mind-fucking bands ever. But god damn, i love them projectors.

Old 05.16.2007, 09:56 PM   #14465
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

yeah, definitely. that's why i love them so much. they remind me of everything i love about music.

hella are just fucking awesome.
Old 05.16.2007, 09:58 PM   #14466
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

They most deffinitely are but I really miss their duo days. But it's ok cause lightning bolt is still kicking asses all over the world and i'm seeing them in a week!

Old 05.16.2007, 09:59 PM   #14467
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i will be there in spirit.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:01 PM   #14468
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom

deerhoof's been competing with sy/pavement for that "favorite band ever" slot with me lately. apple o' is ridiculously awesome.

deerhoof >>>>>> pavement.

and did i tell you i'm friends with one of greg's former bandmates? they just had lunch together the other day. i did not collect the gossip, but i could ask...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.16.2007, 10:01 PM   #14469
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

i haven't found any kind of setlist for bright eyes this tour. hm. i'm hoping for "lua" to show up.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:03 PM   #14470
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

Haha, as you are tonight at steve's AF show. Aa is opening for LB, i'm ecstatic. And DMBQ are also opening, although all I know is they're some band from the 80's japanese underground and they look like they're still stuck in the 80's.

Old 05.16.2007, 10:03 PM   #14471
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
deerhoof >>>>>> pavement.

and did i tell you i'm friends with one of greg's former bandmates? they just had lunch together the other day. i did not collect the gossip, but i could ask...

hey!! gold soundz is just about the best song ever. but whatever

no, you didn't. that's pretty sweet. whatever gossip you have, send it here if it pertains to bay area summer dates.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:05 PM   #14472
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Haha, as you are tonight at steve's AF show. Aa is opening for LB, i'm ecstatic. And DMBQ are also opening, although all I know is they're some band from the 80's japanese underground and they look like they're still stuck in the 80's.
i'm spiritually flicflacking everywhere..

ahh, Aa are rad.

that was fun to type.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:07 PM   #14473
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

You must have a ridiculously strong spirit. When you end up at columbia we'll go to lots of brooklyn shows, theyre great.

Old 05.16.2007, 10:10 PM   #14474
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
hey!! gold soundz is just about the best song ever. but whatever

no, you didn't. that's pretty sweet. whatever gossip you have, send it here if it pertains to bay area summer dates.

hah ha. my problem with pavement is that i don't like lyrics-based music. i dont perceive it as "music". the best explanation i've found is here:

http://www.dyske.com/index.php?view_id=778

^^ great article actually.

so anyway. she used to be in greg's former band, nitre pit. she was recently in san fran & she & greg & rob fisk had lunch together. god damn i feel like a ratty busybody, telling my friend's life in a public forum. i know nothing of dates, or anything, and i don't have details of the conversation because we were catching up with other things, but if i hear something i'll let you know. actually i'm seeing her next week. but no more publicizing secrets. i feel dirty now.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:10 PM   #14475
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

nick- we must.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:11 PM   #14476
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hah ha. my problem with pavement is that i don't like lyrics-based music. i dont perceive it as "music". the best explanation i've found is here:

http://www.dyske.com/index.php?view_id=778

^^ great article actually.

so anyway. she used to be in greg's former band, nitre pit. she was recently in san fran & she & greg & rob fisk had lunch together. god damn i feel like a ratty busybody, telling my friend's life in a public forum. i know nothing of dates, or anything, and i don't have details of the conversation because we were catching up with other things, but if i hear something i'll let you know. actually i'm seeing her next week. but no more publicizing secrets. i feel dirty now.

score!

haha it's totally ok. that's why i don't really share much about my friends. i get that dirty feeling.

i'm rather big on lyrics, but i understand what you mean.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:12 PM   #14477
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

I've played too much wii today and my brain is fried. As I like to call it, wiitarded. Goodnight you crazy folk.

Old 05.16.2007, 10:15 PM   #14478
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

stay gold, nick. night.
Old 05.16.2007, 10:22 PM   #14479
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

you just planning on leaving me hanging, !@#$%!?
Old 05.16.2007, 10:23 PM   #14480
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I've played too much wii today and my brain is fried. As I like to call it, wiitarded. Goodnight you crazy folk.

hey, good night dude.

i played a bit of red steel & liked it.
624674714721722723 724 725726727734774824 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth