Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The pro gun movement
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.04.2010, 06:21 PM   #121
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
well indeed.

when i was younger, 12 i found that my dad had a gun which i and a freind worked out how to gain access too. it was quite old and me and my friend found great enjoyment in shooting cans, bits of wood etc. i didnt know that my friend had re loaded the gun and when another friend came over to look at what we where doing i shot him accidentally. he didnt die and was ok after a while but it just goes to show the fact that owning a gun can lead to serious consequences. something to think about.

you could argue that it should not have been so easy to access but kids have an uncanny ability to find their way into anything so it makes me shudder to think there are people with whole arsenals at their disposal and virtually no control from state or parent. more terrible accidents waiting to happen.

Your parents had guns? Ecky thump lad, all we 'ad as when wuss growan oop were two ferrets and a scowl. Ye must be right soft lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 06:24 PM   #122
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
after hurricane katrina, we were all without utilities, contact or anything for about a month where I'm at. After a little while cops would randomly ride through the neighborhood to scope things out. One stopped with window rolled down and said "do y'all have any guns?" Not knowing where he was going with it, I hesitantly answered yeah and showed him a shotgun I had in my doorway. He just smiled, nodded and said "Good!" and drove away.

there's you're protection from the state

so you just resign and say ah well that's what it is.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 06:24 PM   #123
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Your parents had guns? Ecky thump lad, all we 'ad as when wuss growan oop were two ferrets and a scowl. Ye must be right soft lad.

two ferrets and a scowl! you must think your cock a the walk with all that high class swankery. all we had was a candle, in t' winter we could light it.

nice use of ecky thump, haven't heard that for a long time.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 06:25 PM   #124
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i didnt know that my friend had re loaded the gun and when another friend came over to look at what we where doing i shot him accidentally.

did they call it an "EPIC FAIL!" ?

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 06:27 PM   #125
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

sure why not.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.04.2010, 06:29 PM   #126
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

see, that's funny?

what I find amazing about people is their ability to do selective reading.
ignore somethings and interpret what they want.

i hope that's not what they call debating.

someone says i'm cool but not entertaining, not as entertaining as charles manson which should have been my life's goal.

reason is not really that entertaining.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:30 PM   #127
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
two ferrets and a scowl! you must think your cock a the walk with all that high class swankery. all we had was a candle, in t' winter we could light it.

nice use of ecky thump, haven't heard that for a long time.

Candle, he says! Candle, young man? In my day, candles were what posh folk would as wipe their arse with. Ye soft bugger, in my day all we 'ad were two pebble and half and ounce of rats' tail for lighting winter light, and we were bloody grateful for that, I tell thee.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 08.04.2010, 06:31 PM   #128
knox
invito al cielo

I didn't think I was gonna trigger some bullshit with the word british.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:34 PM   #129
jon boy
invito al cielo

its all in a the best of fun, spiffing chap that glice is.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 08.04.2010, 06:35 PM   #130
Glice
invito al cielo

Taking the piss out of northern stereotypes is not bullshit. Short of actually being good at a sport, it's all we've got. It's just odd to find a northerner who's figured out how to turn the computer on.

Quote:
Old 08.04.2010, 06:35 PM   #131
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
My points you have been ignoring:

- The stats that are relevant to this discussion are the ones that point out how people have MORE chances of getting hurt than they do of defending themselves when they have a gun.

- How the gun industry is the same one that makes the guns criminals use.

- How you pay taxes for things like the police, but then you say the government doesn't have to protect citizens.

- On suicide: you will say people who want to commit suicide can do that in many ways, true. The same goes for murder. But when someone has a powerful weapon that can do much damage in less than a second, there's no time to think or to defend yourself: it's done, and it happens more often than it does when people don't have guns and the consequences are worse. That goes for suicide, passionate crimes, anger etc.

- I don't have stats on this, but I'm quite sure most people killed with guns are not expecting it, so it wouldn't matter if they had one or not.

there is some relevance to some of those facts but for the most part it is just dead end anti-gun rhetoric. There are worst case scenarios and there are best case scenarios. You choose to point out the worst as say all end all to any benefits to owning a gun. You have conveniently ignored all my points and haven't commented on scenarios involving guns working in the owners favor.

And most importantly, as a gun owner.... non of of your so called facts relate to me personally or anyone I know so now you are just generalizing.

It's like saying I demand they ban alcohol because some people drink and drive, while the majority would favor alcohol as they are capable of drinking responsibly. It's the exact same argument minus your fear factor of guns.

I guarantee more people own guns responsibly and without incident than those who do and are involved in a murder with one.... in fact, I'd guarantee that that ratio far outweighs any worst case scenario you've portrayed. I'd also guarantee that more people who drink alcohol get into trouble as a result than those who own guns get into trouble as a result of owning a gun. So, shall we demand that they ban alcohol as well?

Old 08.04.2010, 06:40 PM   #132
knox
invito al cielo

I know there are worst case scenarios and best case scenarios, the point is HOW OFTEN each one takes place.

Somebody already mentioned that, driving can be dangerous therefore drivers have to be under governmental control.
But cars are made for transportation, guns aren't made for anything other than hurting things/people/animals.

As with alcohol, yes they get into trouble, but the consequences are what matters here. How often do drunk people get into trouble that ends up in someone getting killed? well, let me think, normally when they have a gun.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:41 PM   #133
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
so you just resign and say ah well that's what it is.

no, I found a cardboard box that had blown in from New Orleans, wrote a demand for protection on it with my blood and marched down unnavigable streets cluttered with pine trees to protest at the steps of the capital building. WTF do mean?

Old 08.04.2010, 06:42 PM   #134
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
I know there are worst case scenarios and best case scenarios, the point is HOW OFTEN each one takes place.

and you've failed to illustrate how you would resolve the gun epidemic.... round up everyone's guns, one house at a time?

Old 08.04.2010, 06:46 PM   #135
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
and you've failed to illustrate how you would resolve the gun epidemic.... round up everyone's guns, one house at a time?

Some countries have paid people for their guns, others have demanded them back.

Ideally, gradually control should get stricter and stricter and production by the manufacturers should go down, which would benefit them all. As that happens, it becomes easier for authorities to find out where criminals are getting their guns from, and harder in general to get hold of one.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:49 PM   #136
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 06:50 PM   #137
knox
invito al cielo

interesting input, always.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:51 PM   #138
FreshChops
100%

Quote:
Some countries have paid people for their guns, others have demanded them back.

Ideally, gradually control should get stricter and stricter and production by the manufacturers should go down, which would benefit them all. As that happens, it becomes easier for authorities to find out where criminals are getting their guns from, and harder in general to get hold of one.

OK, I fail to see where and how you disarm the millions and millions of citizens of their guns.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:52 PM   #139
knox
invito al cielo

Part 1.

Old 08.04.2010, 06:53 PM   #140
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
interesting input, always.

Oh, definitely. there were many layers to that screenshot. Most noteably, the bfg 9000 (aka BIG FUCKING GUN) was shoot Satan in Hell.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth