Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page SYG Costume Party 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2009, 06:21 AM   #121
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
but, thats just weird to me! i DO think homosexuals should be allowed the same freedoms as anyone else...but, why does anyone have to get married? why do we live in society that doesnt take "serious commitment" seriously unless two people are "married"? it doesnt and never has made sense to me. never.

exactly
Old 11.03.2009, 06:26 AM   #122
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
but, thats just weird to me! i DO think homosexuals should be allowed the same freedoms as anyone else...but, why does anyone have to get married? why do we live in society that doesnt take "serious commitment" seriously unless two people are "married"? it doesnt and never has made sense to me. never.

They don't have to. It really is just a legal/religious thing. You can choose to partake in the states/your faith's affairs, or not. It bares no relevance to your emotional commitment to a relationship. People who love each other get married all the time. People who want to get married for other reasons, get married all the time. Society needs a benchmark, legally speaking. That is it. Unfortunately we have not reached the point where the benchmark is accessable for all.
Old 11.03.2009, 06:27 AM   #123
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
watching some girl walk down an aisle with her dad and my mom all crying and dealing w/ pissed people that werent invited and being foced to talk to people i barely know...and thinking, people spend money on this?

that isn't marriage, that is a ceremony. It can be whatever you want it to be.
Old 11.03.2009, 07:19 AM   #124
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i used to hate gas stations until i woke up and realized they are some of the most punk rock places on the planet.

EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 07:32 AM   #125
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno. it was just weird reading that.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 07:49 AM   #126
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
As with many such debates, the issue of confrontation lies within confusion over the meaning of "marriage." I believe notyourfiend was criticizing the genealogy of marriage as a socio-economic institution, as per her typical Foucauldian vantage.

Shit! You totally figured me out! I need to put down Discipline and Punishment....

I was not attacking girlgun or any person on this forum who is married. However, I believe that it is fair to point out the inherent inequalities in the institution. I was explaining why I have no intentions of ever getting married. I don't want to be a part of something that has historically been used as a means for trading women, and it's not fair that marriage still perpetuates a system of heterosexual (and at times class) privilege. That being said, I've never been one to argue for gay assimilation...I'm not equal to you breeders, I'm fucking superior lol

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 08:27 AM   #127
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
"you breeders"

heterophobia.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 08:35 AM   #128
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
"you breeders"

heterophobia.

i keed i keed.

Old 11.03.2009, 08:41 AM   #129
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah well it's not especially funny. Imagine if it had been the other way around.

And equal rights for all us a fucking given. And I will fight for it. You should be able to marry who you love if you so desire, but don't hate on it because you can't....yet
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 08:44 AM   #130
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
For the record. All of history is filled with the oppression if women. Shit changes.

Can't deal with normalcy? That sounds childish.
Old 11.03.2009, 08:44 AM   #131
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
yeah really. it's happening. slowly. these things don't happen overnight.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:04 AM   #132
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
"Notyourfriend" sounds like a radical feminist.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:05 AM   #133
girlgun
invito al cielo

Sorry for lil typos btw. On phone typing with thumb.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:05 AM   #134
Satan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
"Notyourfriend" sounds like a radical feminist.
man, nothing gets by you
Old 11.03.2009, 09:10 AM   #135
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan
man, nothing gets by you

Yeah, I know.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:17 AM   #136
girlgun
invito al cielo

Radical anything is never good.

It's too narrow. Unforgiving. Women weren't allowed to voted until the 20th century. Does that mean it's inherently flawed and a woman should not participate?

I'll say this much. Women deserve equal rights, equal pay and on and on, same as any other human being. I do believe a woman can support this and still act as a woman if she likes. Competing in a man's world doesn't mean you have to be like a man. You saw so much of that in the past... Even some today.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:24 AM   #137
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
things have gotten a lot better and they are still getting better every day.
im not "Radical" anything. notyrfiend is cool though. i dont think shes said anything out of line, even though girlgun's comment was correct...she prolly woulda been upset if the "joke" woulda been the other way around.

but oh well.

i just dont pay much mind to that "revolution lies in her hips" sorta mentailty. if thats the case 50 percent of it lies in my dick, too...which is why im all for "equality". < even though i dont fight for shit. i have opinions...but no causes. my mind is constantly subject to change on most any given subject.
and yet you feel in the right to come here, blinded by stereotypes and preconceived assumptions, and start spewing shit at people.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:33 AM   #138
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
Yeah well it's not especially funny. Imagine if it had been the other way around.

And equal rights for all us a fucking given. And I will fight for it. You should be able to marry who you love if you so desire, but don't hate on it because you can't....yet

1) I think I made it pretty fucking obvious that I was joking about superiority, you know with the lol and the huge grin. I'm constantly reading threads on this board that are jokes are horribly horribly misogoynist, homophobic etc and nobody sees to be offended. To stand up to those means that you *gasp* don't have a sense of humor and are here to kill the fun. That being said, I think that people are trying too hard to be PC by pretending that there are two equal sides in this arguement. As somebody who is not going to get married/who could not get married even if I wanted to I will likely have to face a lot more barriers than somebody who can get married. I'm constantly listening to reasons why marriage works etc, I have ever right to assert my side of the arguement.

And no, I'm not one for assimiliationist arguments because I don't want to assimilate into and become equal with an institution that I view as being inherently violent. I kinda disgust myself when I start advocating for gay marriage since marriage alone perpetrates a system of stupid fucking hierarchy. Single people should have the same rights/privileges as married people. People should not have to get married so that they can be able to afford to live. That mentality paves the way to so much domestic violence/abuse etc. End of story.
2) Equal rights are not a given. They are something you have to continue to fight for.

Old 11.03.2009, 09:39 AM   #139
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

I am a self-identified radical feminist. I am radical in that I believe in addressing the root causes of gender inequality (and i do believe that marriage has been a core perpetrator of more violence than any of us could ever know about) I really don't think that being a radical feminist is all that shocking. I think that most people who are feminists who actually think things through are radical feminists, even if they don't want to admit to being radical feminists due to all the stereotypes.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with radicalism. I am radical because I am passionate, because I seriously care about human rights. I don't believe that life is worth living if you are not that passionate about something.

Old 11.03.2009, 09:40 AM   #140
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
i just dont pay much mind to that "revolution lies in her hips" sorta mentailty.

I don't pay attention to any sort of "revolution" mentality that is essentialist. And yr problem with human nature - I don't think that you can ever truly know what human nature is or isn't. I refuse to believe that it's human nature for men to rape women since the vast majority of men don't rape.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth