Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i'm in my 3rd trimester now
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.16.2010, 04:07 PM   #121
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Flame wars can be so entertaining sometimes...
Old 11.16.2010, 04:13 PM   #122
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
i haven't read the thread.

but you know what pisses me off? how people are always willing to tell women what to do, and have this attitude as if they have some say over the lives or bodies.

i don't like to see pregnant women smoking, but it's none of my business either.

Um, it's not a sexist thing. Or a control thing. It's the women carry the child thing. Sorry, didnt construct the way things are.
Though, I am kind of godlike. As in, I dont exist.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:17 PM   #123
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
To be fair, nobody forces anyone to smoke.

Except 2nd hand smoke to a baby...

Old 11.16.2010, 04:19 PM   #124
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
when you feel the craving coming, try breathing deeply. im not shitting you, it helps a lot. part of the pleasure of smoking is stopping everything and taking a deep breath (filled with smoke, tar, for your lungs, nicotine & additives for your liver and kidneys)-- do the same thing (pause, relax, breathe deeply), but with clean air. it feels fucking great, i promise.

Yup, doing those yoga stretches where you touch your toes is probably the most helpful thing in my quitting.

ANd im on no high horse, my lungs are still fucked up and take inhalers so I can sing at shows sometimes...

I'm in the mud under the camel stompin on my chest.
Old 11.16.2010, 04:24 PM   #125
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Except 2nd hand smoke to a baby...

You win. A parade of marching bunnies will take to you to the top of a mountain where you'll be presented with your trophy. Congratulations.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:24 PM   #126
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
let he who is without sin throw the first stone!

I am seein a shit ton a stones bein hurled around here.

I like you but please, no bible. thnx
Old 11.16.2010, 04:26 PM   #127
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
You win. A parade of marching bunnies will take to you to the top of a mountain where you'll be presented with your trophy. Congratulations.

Oh get off YOUR high horse.

I think smokers who cant quit are more bitchy then ex-smokers.

Unless, you're being serious...then that sounds awesome. Let me change and take some shrooms, tell the bunnies to get me in an hour or two.
Old 11.16.2010, 04:27 PM   #128
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Oh get off YOUR high horse.

I think smokers who cant quit are more bitchy then ex-smokers.

Unless, you're being serious...then that sounds awesome. Let me change and take some shrooms, tell the bunnies to get me in an hour or two.
YOU are being serious, not me.
Old 11.16.2010, 04:27 PM   #129
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I like you but please, no bible. thnx

you know I cannot help myself

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:36 PM   #130
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
well, it's HER child.

i don't know there's this funny thing that people seem to think as soon as a woman is pregnant they become somehow entitled of having a say. In many countries, women cannot abort. Most places have an entire community of doctors and people telling a woman she should choose natural birth and if she doesn't she's evil. Other times they'll say a woman is doing something wrong if she doesn't like to breastfeed. Or they will go to insane extremes like telling strangers who haven't asked anything that they shouldn't be smoking.

It's almost like there's all these rules for you to be "worthy of motherhood".

How is that different to going up to 40-year-old pregnant woman anf sayinf "how dare you get pregnant at that age? do you know how the risks for the child?". We just don't do that because it's nobody's business.

But I know smoking is not something you choose to do, and I know I have absolutely no right over that person or her choices.

if that's the logic we should be telling them to leave polluted places and controlling what they eat?

quitting smoking is really hard. maybe if a woman had been planning she would have time to consider that. I haven't been pregnant, don't know what it feels like therefore i'm not gonna be judging, but I don't imagine it makes quitting smoking any easier.

in fact, i once heard my doctor tell a pregnant woman quitting abruptly would be dangerous?

there's a baby in there but it's not yours, so you have no say.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:38 PM   #131
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
is this what happens when a mother smokes?

i'm in my 3rd trimester... 11.16.2010 11:02 AM hevusa mothers who smoke are definitely cunts. she needs to hear it. what she is doing to that baby is wrong.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:49 PM   #132
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Yes that 's what happens knox. I been pregnant and I did smoke. I agree with you so much on this one it's uncanny. I have also heard FROM THE DOCTOR with my own ears that quitting abruptly is dangerous to the baby because of the immense stress quitting puts on a woman's body.

Also, do you see ppl going up to "overweight" pregnant women telling them that thier child is in danger. NO social faux pax. But when you gain more than 30 lbs during a pregnancy or if you are already overweight, your child has many more causes for concern than that of a mom who has dramatically cut back. Preclampsia is caused by high blood pressure which is caused by excessive weight in the mother. This disease causes premature births (and at a MUCH higher rate than smoking) and can kill the mother and infant if not monitored. It is VERY common these days.

I am not defending it. I am also not too ashamed to admit that I did it. If it does cause a low birth weight than I was blessed by it my kid came out 9lb 7 oz.

Also, I cannot stand it when ppl are like you must breast feed it's the healthy and only way for the baby. Or have some other advice they think will save your child's life.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:49 PM   #133
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
i

in fact, i once heard my doctor tell a pregnant woman quitting abruptly would be dangerous?

That's an interesting observation because I know of someone (a woman, ahhh!) who ended up in hospital feeling seriously ill with her health compromised after she quit her heavy smoking habit, and the doctors had to admit that giving up caused it. I know a few guys who have had aids for many years and still take drugs, smoke heavily and somehow fail to die. I realise I'm not saying much with this post, apart from the fact that not everyone gets the same immune system or necessarily dies fast from their bad habits, Smoking is obviously a disgusting habit, one that provides me with much joy, admittedly, but not necessarily everyone suffers its consequences so soon.
Old 11.16.2010, 04:51 PM   #134
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Quote:
well, it's HER child.

i don't know there's this funny thing that people seem to think as soon as a woman is pregnant they become somehow entitled of having a say. In many countries, women cannot abort. Most places have an entire community of doctors and people telling a woman she should choose natural birth and if she doesn't she's evil. Other times they'll say a woman is doing something wrong if she doesn't like to breastfeed. Or they will go to insane extremes like telling strangers who haven't asked anything that they shouldn't be smoking.

It's almost like there's all these rules for you to be "worthy of motherhood".

How is that different to going up to 40-year-old pregnant woman anf sayinf "how dare you get pregnant at that age? do you know how the risks for the child?". We just don't do that because it's nobody's business.

But I know smoking is not something you choose to do, and I know I have absolutely no right over that person or her choices.

if that's the logic we should be telling them to leave polluted places and controlling what they eat?

quitting smoking is really hard. maybe if a woman had been planning she would have time to consider that. I haven't been pregnant, don't know what it feels like therefore i'm not gonna be judging, but I don't imagine it makes quitting smoking any easier.

there's a baby in there but it's not yours, so you have no say.

Right, except for when she asked for our say/opinions and started this thread.
Old 11.16.2010, 04:53 PM   #135
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
if you are referring to me knox, i wasn't telling her to do anything that she doesn't already know she should.

i was reminding her of what she already knows but didn't want to face up to.

and just because the baby inside her is inside her and not anyone else, doesn't mean noone else should say ANYTHING on the subject. and all those other equivalencies you draw are just not relevant at least to what i was saying.

and "it's hard" is just irrelevant. if you spend your time thinking about how it is instead of actually quitting then that will be the case. and i wasn't "judging" as if that matters. the point that its "her" child is also irrelevant because it's also A child and so if you have something to say that might be beneficial to that child then you would say it inspite of who its parents were no?

i don't see much wisdom in someone "going up" to a 40 year old and saying "how dare you" but i do see wisdom in someone pointing out that the facts and clearly explaining the risks. they should be said for their own sake rather than for the sake of "going up" to someone or this judgement you seem to be so worried about.

i think what you are annoyed about is the fact that not everyone is being "nice" and people are having the audacity to make suggestions in the first place. surely if you told me "don't cross the road" and me not doing so would result in me not getting hit by a car this would be the right thing to do, so why all the complaining when someone dares suggest anything that anyone else might do? no?

you know what i think of this "nice" attitude? i think its bullshit. and i think if you had any respect for someone you would tell them the facts instead of worrying endlessly about not being sufficiently nice. when does that ever help anyone do anything but avoid the fact they know they have to quit.

all i said was QUIT, and look, apparently satan decided to quit for a day just to say fu. i don't know how long anyone can quit if they are only doing it for the purpose of sticking it to someone else. but it is still quitting so its a start. she might even keep it up for all i know. considering she will likely realise how simple it is to actually quit and how it only requires effort if you have already decided you are going to give in but are just drawing out a long battle of denial and avoidance.

i don't really care, but i cared enough to at least tell her the facts as i saw them, and i am not going to accept i should never say anything because everythings just an opinion and there is no objective truth so we should all be nice and quiet because that is just stupid.

i saw that satan was bs'ing to avoid facing up to something and i called her on it. i'd do it again. if you wouldn't i don't see how you really give a shit for her when it comes down to it.

as for hevusa, he's just trolling like he always does. so waste no time on him. the end.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.16.2010, 04:53 PM   #136
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

BTW

to take a break from all this stupid shit.

Good job on not smoking today Satan.

Everyone is caught up in the ethical debate and ignoring the fact that you're TRYING.

Old 11.16.2010, 04:55 PM   #137
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

And back to the debate, Knox, so it's cool if you knew someone was beating their kid, to not say anything because it's not their kid?

Are we really fallin back in progress?
Old 11.16.2010, 04:55 PM   #138
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
BTW

to take a break from all this stupid shit.

Good job on not smoking today Satan.

Everyone is caught up in the ethical debate and ignoring the fact that you're TRYING.

And you? What have you done today you cunt?
Old 11.16.2010, 05:04 PM   #139
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
if you are referring to me knox, i wasn't telling her to do anything that she doesn't already know she should.

i was reminding her of what she already knows but didn't want to face up to.

and just because the baby inside her is inside her and not anyone else, doesn't mean noone else should say ANYTHING on the subject. and all those other equivalencies you draw are just not relevant at least to what i was saying.

and "it's hard" is just irrelevant. if you spend your time thinking about how it is instead of actually quitting then that will be the case. and i wasn't "judging" as if that matters. the point that its "her" child is also irrelevant because it's also A child and so if you have something to say that might be beneficial to that child then you would say it inspite of who its parents were no?

i don't see much wisdom in someone "going up" to a 40 year old and saying "how dare you" but i do see wisdom in someone pointing out that the facts and clearly explaining the risks. they should be said for their own sake rather than for the sake of "going up" to someone or this judgement you seem to be so worried about.

i think what you are annoyed about is the fact that not everyone is being "nice" and people are having the audacity to make suggestions in the first place. surely if you told me "don't cross the road" and me not doing so would result in me not getting hit by a car this would be the right thing to do, so why all the complaining when someone dares suggest anything that anyone else might do? no?

you know what i think of this "nice" attitude? i think its bullshit. and i think if you had any respect for someone you would tell them the facts instead of worrying endlessly about not being sufficiently nice. when does that ever help anyone do anything but avoid the fact they know they have to quit.

all i said was QUIT, and look, apparently satan decided to quit for a day just to say fu. i don't know how long anyone can quit if they are only doing it for the purpose of sticking it to someone else. but it is still quitting so its a start. she might even keep it up for all i know. considering she will likely realise how simple it is to actually quit and how it only requires effort if you have already decided you are going to give in but are just drawing out a long battle of denial and avoidance.

i don't really care, but i cared enough to at least tell her the facts as i saw them, and i am not going to accept i should never say anything because everythings just an opinion and there is no objective truth so we should all be nice and quiet because that is just stupid.

i saw that satan was bs'ing to avoid facing up to something and i called her on it. i'd do it again. if you wouldn't i don't see how you really give a shit for her when it comes down to it.

as for hevusa, he's just trolling like he always does. so waste no time on him. the end.

More importantly, why do you care so much about Satan (pfft) and her baby? She already knows everyone is selfish, so she can smoke the fuck out of it and she'll be fine.
Old 11.16.2010, 05:12 PM   #140
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
thats just stupid
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth