Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the thread where !@#$%! and everyneurotic exchange barbs
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.16.2007, 09:20 PM   #81
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
That was the other famous Barb that sprang to mind...only she's "Babs."
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.16.2007, 09:24 PM   #82
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
That was the other famous Barb that sprang to mind...only she's "Babs."

she's many things...

you are right, though.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 09:28 AM   #83
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
hah. that's why i'm going into computer science on the side, in case i go nuts from writing, i can fall back on something.

advertising sounds fun.

ma chère schizo,

seeing as how i suspect your brain works, i don't think you need to think of computer science as a "fallback", but rather, as the food that your brain wants right now. i know you posted somewhere that you "hate studying", and it's probably true, but i bet that you LOOOOOOOOVE to know things, as many as possible. yes, i know i'm right, i'm always right.

so anyway, rather than making up stories for the world, feel free to admit to yourself and the world shamelessly that you have a hungry brain that needs to know things. there's the left hemisphere and the right hemisphere of your brain and they are both hungry. feed them, feed them what they want.

here is a little secret of the universe for you. people often speak of a college education as being "useless for a career". there is some truth in that. if you want a real career, a master's degree is usually what puts you in the professional field that you want to be-- at a respectable level anyway. college is more of a vast buffet table where you can pick and eat and taste strange new things. that's why people have funky electives and change majors and what not. your brain wants to try different things.

so, where was i going with that? oh yes-- feed your brain fearlessly. don't worry much about what a writer "should" study, in this sense. goethe was a naturalist. nabokov was a chess master and a zoologist who specialized in butterflies. rabelais was a doctor-- so was william carlos williams. wallace stevens was a lawyer and vice-president of hartford insurance. actually, a lot of writers have been lawyers because back in the day law school was one of the few places where one could get and education in the humanities.

so, where was i going with this? oh yes! don't worry about specializing or work applications just yet. sure you have wishes, but those wishes are going to change, i promise, once you see for yourself. and don't worry much about your college studies having a direct practical application, if you're planning to go to grad school. your college education is a bit like doing basic science as opposed to applied science-- you don't know what it's good for, but something amazing may come out of it (and it will).

and then, knowing one thing is different from working on it. i studied biology and i loved it, but i hated to work in labs and in the field-- scientific work is painstaikingly slow and and dry and... well, boring, if you don't have the constitution for it. deep brainy introverts loved it-- but i always ran off to the beach when i should have been taking care of my experiments. so, my point is-- working in a field is very different from knowing about it. but you'll find out.

anyway, i was thinking afterwards why people think it's good to go to a different place after graduation, and i realized it's probably because you'll have different teachers, and they'll give you a different point of view from what you're accustomed. having the same teachers over & over is too predictable and cannot be good. teachers often have a "repertoire" than they recycle over & over. even the genius ones.

so... i'm hungry and i need breakfast, and then there are so many things to do on saturday. have a lovely weekend, etc.

-ignatius j. reilly
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 09:51 AM   #84
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Barbara Stanwyck
Barbara Mandrell

are there any others?
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.17.2007, 10:30 AM   #85
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$%!- check your rep. i'm not really sure how to sum up a reply, so i repped out.

there's bush's daughter barbara, too.
Old 03.17.2007, 05:32 PM   #86
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
!@#$%!- check your rep. i'm not really sure how to sum up a reply, so i repped out.

schweet
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth