Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page My city's compassion for the homless
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.26.2010, 03:24 PM   #81
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
please stfu, for the last time

Your definition of "South" clearly differs wildly from everybody else.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 04:14 PM   #82
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
have you spent time in any other deep south states?

Why yes.
My extended family is from Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee. I have spent much time there with them over the years.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 05:35 PM   #83
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_South

" While areas of both (notably East Texas and the Florida panhandle) still retain many characteristics of the Deep South, heavy migration from outside the South as well as other historical circumstances have had the effect of diluting its overall cultural influence elsewhere within these states.

However those native to Florida (sometimes referred to as a Florida Cracker), in many parts of the state, such as the Florida Panhandle, North Central Florida, the Florida Heartland, and parts of rural Florida, do maintain the Deep South culture.

educate yrselves.

did you miss those points in your own research? I do believe that the word "dilute" implies that there is still a remaining Southern culture in florida.. further, can you explain,"still retain" and "..do maintain the DEEP SOUTH CULTURE."

again, you are being silly. We all have compromised in this discussion but you, so perhaps you should mind your manners a bit more and play better with others.

Quote:
please stfu, for the last time

instead of being rude.

Quote:
and suchfriends is sitting his ass in LA and doesn't know what he's talking about

and Sonic GAIL? Is she in LA too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
its my friend and brother.

sweet jesus brother you're still on this tip? Get over yourself already, we get it, you are an asshole for the sake of being an asshole, its not cool, its not original, frankly its a bit tacky and out-dated. The mid-90s ended decades ago

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 06:03 PM   #84
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
dont you fucking dare diss the 90s.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:43 PM   #85
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
did you miss those points in your own research?

no, i didn't miss those points.

unlike you, i didn't cherry pick and dilute the fact of the article to make a point.

i copied and pasted the entire thing.

but here, i'll put it plain and simple for u [for the 5th time]. in bold.

"Although originally considered Deep or Lower South, the states of Florida and Texas—as a whole—are not usually classified with this sub-region today."

there u are. i win. do not pass go, do not collect $200

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 09:48 PM   #86
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
vancouver's compassion for the homeless is pretty awful. the millions they have in the budget to create housing and shelters has mainly gone on the olympics and also the olympic village, which was supposed to be turned into affordable housing afterwards is not going to be anymore (big surprise) and is instead now condo's that only the very rich can afford. all that money wasted!

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2010, 10:24 PM   #87
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
do not pass go, do not collect $200
I smell you on that playboy. thought you thought, don't get it twitted..

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
dont you fucking dare diss the 90s.

pimp I am the 90s

but you and me both got to transition into the deuce-oh tens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
vancouver's compassion for the homeless is pretty awful. the millions they have in the budget to create housing and shelters has mainly gone on the olympics and also the olympic village, which was supposed to be turned into affordable housing afterwards is not going to be anymore (big surprise) and is instead now condo's that only the very rich can afford. all that money wasted!

I heard about vancouver's situation, it sucks. LA has done many similar things, most recently a parallel 're-gentrification' program in downtown around the Staples Center which ten years ago was massive skid row with as many as 10,000 homeless people in that one small area alone.. the city/county was supposed to add housing and public assistance funds specifically for these folks but in true LA fashion, ala Johannesburg they sent the LAPD and chased out all the folks. They only marginally increased the funds for public housing.. I hope Vancouver is on a better track than Los Angeles in this regard

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth