Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Spirituality - God - Enlightenment - Sonic Love
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.05.2010, 09:11 PM   #81
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
what do you mean knox? did you think we were talking to you? we understood that what you were saying was addressed to hevusa. are you mistaking what we said after that as being addressed to you, because it wasn't.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 12:58 AM   #82
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
knox are you some sort of macumba priest....if yes can do some thing that will make spirits interfere with hevusa's internet connection?
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 03:10 AM   #83
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
dude, why such vitriolic nonsense? Do you really hear yourself? This is a thread about LOVE, if you have nothing nice to say, why not go say such unnice things on more appropriate threads?

over the past few weeks I have noticed you lashing out at anyone who posts about anything remotely stabilizing for them, be it politics, religion, philosophy, music etc etc Why such unceasing bitterness? Are you envious of our stability whatever the origin? Instead of trying to create so much strife and chaos, why don't YOU try finding something that makes you a bit more stable?

I've never met anyone that was truly "stable". If it were possible, people likely wouldn't look for stability in anything other than themselves. Feeling too stable, I think, is a dangerous place to be in. Things change...+ whatever is causing stability for the individual is always subject to vanish. People die, ideas change, bands break up, lovers cheat, houses burn, friends lie, accidents happen.

I think Hevusa is one of those that looks for stability in himself. A better alternative (I think...), but still unsafe. Possibly, he feels like he lives in a world where he is attacked by the beliefs of others...There is a certain minority out there that feels this way (christians love to act as if they are some sort of minority and constantly attacked, but really...it's the other way around and there's no way around it. I mention being a Christian in the grocery store no one cares, or either they are glad to hear it...mention, in a public space, that you are an atheist and see the kinda shit people will say or all the weird looks you will get). Maybe he feels a need to attack back.

I also think Hevusa would be the first to admit to not being stable + I can appreciate that. maybe I'm wrong, it's late for me and I'm 90mph. Maybe he finds some sense of stability in constantly challenging (even if sometimes in a negative manner) the things other people say. I think he enjoys debate and causing ruckus. The world needs this, esp. in environments such as an internet forum where all one has to do (if uncomfortable) is navigate to another page.

I was like that, once. I still carry that sort of idealism. I just realize most people are total idiots and seldom take time to look at a bigger picture. People like Hevusa, at the very least, might make some (even if via being angered/annoyed) consider something else.

We are told God exists from day one (really, we are...even if not by our parents). We are scolded if expressing disbelief. We are called sinners for having harmless fun. We are told we'll spend an eternity in hell for not believing ("being good doesn't get ya into heaven...so fucking sickening). We are fed often times total bullshit We are forced to hear it in our schools, on our streets, in our politics...everywhere...and as soon as someone challenges it, they are more often than not considered being ignorant, if not an asshole.

"How can you not believe in God?...we had to come from somewhere"...a statement made by people who openly (claim to...) believe in something that came from absolutely no where. A bit of a major contradiction, I do think. The "alpha and omega". Of course,....I agree that there is an alpha + omega (at least as far as our minds are able to comprehend...there WILL be an end to us, for damned sure, + there certainly was a beginning)....but I highly doubt its in any way like any god I've ever heard about anywhere. I can't even imagine it being anything that is aware of me as an individual or has time to consider subjects such as "right + wrong", and more than likely it's not even aware of itself, at least in the way we interpret awareness.

If the kid wants to fight back, more power to him.

"Why do the birds sing? I don't know they just fucking do" - WSD

only trouble is, gee whizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Old 11.06.2010, 03:23 AM   #84
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
^ Or he was just wrong...*

* This is coming from an atheistic satanist.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 03:45 AM   #85
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Define "wrong"?
Old 11.06.2010, 04:13 AM   #86
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
A true atheist understands the benefits of being a religious person and religion as such. And religion has major points in its favour. To dismiss all of it with spite and cynicism is to miss the point of being alive entirely. Juvenile antagonism can't hold it down for more than a few aggressive insults.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 04:38 AM   #87
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
A true atheist understands the benefits of being a religious person and religion as such. And religion has major points in its favour. To dismiss all of it with spite and cynicism is to miss the point of being alive entirely. Juvenile antagonism can't hold it down for more than a few aggressive insults.

I can understand what you're getting at for the most part, even if I do not entirely agree (especially with that first sentence).

I could say, "A true atheist understands the benefits of juvenile antagonism"...and really, it would mean about the same thing. Nothing.

All a true atheist needs to believe, in order to truly be an atheist, is that God does not exist. Of course, the smart ones come to this conclusion partially as a result of actually studying other religions...but it in no way/shape/form means that they nec. have to see benefits in it.

Do I? If religion keeps one from stealing my guitar or raping my girlfriend, more power to 'em. I just don't think religion is EVER necessary...sometimes I think man gives himself too much credit, other times I think he doesn't give himself enough. People get themselves through situations, God does not even if many feel the need to give him credit.

Of course, I could go into that whole "well technically atheism is a form of religion" debate (and really it is...because as I've said before, "religion" only means "belief")...but I'll save that one as I've already expressed my views on it.
Old 11.06.2010, 04:59 AM   #88
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Well, yeah. My mum is a true believer. I'm not. We get on famously.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 05:09 AM   #89
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Mine is, too. I no doubt love her more than any other being on this earth.
Old 11.06.2010, 06:22 AM   #90
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
what do you mean knox? did you think we were talking to you? we understood that what you were saying was addressed to hevusa. are you mistaking what we said after that as being addressed to you, because it wasn't.

there was a thread in which he proved he cannot really understand (or accept) the definition of agnosticism.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 06:23 AM   #91
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
knox are you some sort of macumba priest....if yes can do some thing that will make spirits interfere with hevusa's internet connection?

no its against macumba rules.

Old 11.06.2010, 08:34 AM   #92
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
agnosticism is the belief that while the idea of there being a god is not something we can ever know[/i]

Someone who says "I think someone probably created us." And "though I identify myself as an agnostic" in the same fucking post is clueless.

It is offensive to the concept of agnosticism. ASP is NOT an agnostic.

ASP pulled "agnostic theist/atheist" out of his ass AFTER the fact otherwise he would have called himself an "agnostic theist" in the first place.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 08:43 AM   #93
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Maybe he finds some sense of stability in constantly challenging (even if sometimes in a negative manner) the things other people say. I think he enjoys debate and causing ruckus.

^This

I seek truth
Old 11.06.2010, 08:46 AM   #94
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Someone who says "I think someone probably created us." And "though I identify myself as an agnostic" in the same fucking post is clueless.

It is offensive to the concept of agnosticism. ASP is NOT an agnostic.

is this projection? because, seriously.

Old 11.06.2010, 08:49 AM   #95
knox
invito al cielo

i'm guessing you need more than three word sentences to call something provocation and/or debate?? but i'm agnostic about it, not sure.

Old 11.06.2010, 08:55 AM   #96
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
but i'm agnostic about it, not sure.

but ASP probably knows.
Old 11.06.2010, 10:32 AM   #97
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
you're point has been made. its still completely incoherent, and you are still trolling for the sake of trolling, wasting everyones time.

just how long you want to drag this out i dont know.

im going to politely ask you to stop, altho i know as a troll the only way you can back out of this is with more petulant whining and bitching. prove us all wrong, your point has been made. there is no more to say. the end.

i would also suggest you take the time to carefully scrutinise all the posts over the past few pages and maybe then you will work out why you are being completely and incomprehensibly inappropriate and why everyone so far who has actually read everything is finding something out of line in your behaviour.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 01:14 PM   #98
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
ASP pulled "agnostic theist/atheist" out of his ass AFTER the fact otherwise he would have called himself an "agnostic theist" in the first place.

You didn't even know -- apparently -- what agnostic theism was/is, since you said there's only one definition OF agnosticism to begin with! You've been proven completely wrong by EVERYONE who has replied to you, no one agrees with you in any way, and you have been politely asked to "stop" a few times now, and you simply won't.

Eh, you know what? I am just going to put you on ignore -- the first time I've put ANYONE on an ignore list in the 9 years I've been on this board. Usually, trolls get reported enough times that they get banned, or they just run out of steam, I commend your energy for never stopping in the face of everyone calling you out for being a moron, but I'm not going to feed you anymore. I realize that you probably really aren't that stupid, since there's no possible way ANYONE could be that stupid -- right? It's all a gimmick, all just trying to be as annoying as possible, and shitting all over what could be interesting threads, ha ha ha, we get it, pretty funny stuff, unfortunately I don't really have time for it right now in this point in my life, so "This message is hidden because hevusa is on your ignore list." looks like a more worthwhile contribution to this thread than anything you could ever post for real.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 05:48 PM   #99
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death

exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Adams
In essence, religion was love; in no case was it logic.
I do believe Jimi Hendrix explained all this drama when he said, "Its because they're fucking not in love man..that's the problem sometimes."

To many people turn to the pride and security of supposed "logic/reason" but anyone with any sense in their head has come to understand that love trumps any kind of reason, is by its very nature illogical, and yet is the only thing worth living for, but you explained it best in saying

Quote:
"..it to miss the point of being alive entirely."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
^This

I seek truth

"What is Truth?"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.06.2010, 06:39 PM   #100
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

[quote=SuchFriendsAreDangerous]exactly.

I do believe Jimi Hendrix explained all this drama when he said, "Its because they're fucking not in love man..that's the problem sometimes."
/quote]

I've never read that particular quote (while I have certainly read enough on Hendrix to have an idea as to what he was attempting to get at)...but hopefully he wasn't saying "they're" as to describe what other people were doing. Hendrix was notorious for cheating on all his girlfriends and doing a lot of random "fucking". He hospitalized (at least...) two girlfriends as a result of getting drunk/jealous/violent. Lust, not love. Most people are guilty, and 98% of us are the "theys" he speaks of (including himself, if that's all there is to base that particular quote on). How does it (love) have anything at all to do with god or spirituality?

It CAN POSSIBLY just be an emotion felt, a byproduct of evolution, at least somewhat mandatory to a healthy mindset and human survival (we fall in love, we fuck, we procreate). Love has caused problems.

Love has caused people to go crazy and do less than logical things....

"you're not really in love, you just think you are"...ever heard that one? I'm sure you have.

Or better yet, ever thought you yrself were in love....but ended up changing yr mind about it (for whatever given raeson) later?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth