Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page worst movies you've ever seen
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.11.2008, 06:31 PM   #81
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAh
Some people will probably disagree, but I don't like Jack Black. He's the same in pretty much every movie, just acting like a huge idiot.

I fucking hate Jack Black! Completely unfunny, completely a twat! I really don't understand how anyone finds him funny.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2008, 08:27 PM   #82
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
epic trash is enjoyable! like ed wood and shit

this here though

is fucking suicide inducing

fucking hilarious movie, i love it.

---

requiem for a dream is one of the most pointless movies ever with some of the most despicable characters ever. i was glad they all went to shit in the end.

which reminds me of another of the worst movies i've ever seen:

not only is one of the most stupid movies i've ever seen with some of the most idiotic characters in history, but it's also incredibly bad executed, especially for the bad acting.

which in itself reminds me of these two turds:

(amazing soundtrack notwithstanding)

and

(gorgeous lead actress notwithstanding).
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2008, 09:40 PM   #83
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
fucking hilarious movie, i love it.

---

requiem for a dream is one of the most pointless movies ever with some of the most despicable characters ever. i was glad they all went to shit in the end.

which reminds me of another of the worst movies i've ever seen:

not only is one of the most stupid movies i've ever seen with some of the most idiotic characters in history, but it's also incredibly bad executed, especially for the bad acting.

which in itself reminds me of these two turds:

(amazing soundtrack notwithstanding)

and

(gorgeous lead actress notwithstanding).

Holy Bollocks, i actually agree with EveryNeurotic
Ive never liked this film, it lacks humanity and doesnt make up for it. Ive always felt it was cheap and didnt earn the right to have its main characters do what they did. Thankfully i came to pretty much all of the music before seeing the film

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2008, 09:49 PM   #84
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

it was so bad. they couldn't even get basic facts right.

It was funny.

I liked when the old lady was all fucked on speed.

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2008, 09:50 PM   #85
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
The only movie I can stand Jack Black in is High Fidelity, but I have to ignore him for most of it. Can't stand the guy.

Worst movie:
Ali
Old 06.11.2008, 09:54 PM   #86
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
its totally gotta be donnie darko, garden state and juno
am i right or am i right
Old 06.11.2008, 09:58 PM   #87
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Damn Marcos, you and I pretty much see eye to eye on just about everything... Biodome is hilarious. Kids is awful. And I've long considered Requiem for a Dream easily one of the worst movies ever -- the acting is just TERRIBLE, there is no story to speak of, the whole film is basically a music video... all these random cuts; it's pretty much the same style of directing Michael Bay always gets shit for. But it's so "Edgy" because it explores drugs? Fuck that. Spun is also terrible, though at least it's funny. I did like Trainspotting though, and I sort of liked Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas though it was pretty pointless....... Lost in Translation is absolute pointless bullshit, though it LOOKS good... same for Virgin Suicides... it has style, just not substance. Sofia Coppola is just a shitty director, period (and actress).

Also, regarding: "why are people listing so many bad Hollywood movies and not 'epic trash'?" The sad fact is, a lot of indie films that are trashy still usually have something Hollywood films almost never have: heart. And a good heart can at least make something watchable.

A lot of "bad" hollywood films are, strangely, amongst the most watchable: I LOVE shit like Hudson Hawk, Howard the Duck, Freddy Got Fingered (actually probably the best comedy ever made), Leonard Part 6, Cool as Ice, etc. It's usually the films that critics or film snobs jack off over that are the worst... and when I say "Worst", I mean "not entertaining in any way".

More shitty films I've seen:
The Last Samurai
Antibody
Asylum of Satan
all 3 Pirates of the Caribbean (I said this in my first post but I really need to stress it: UGH)
Grease 2
Bone Collector
Birth
Anaconda
Simon Sez
Alien Fury
Boa
Beast of the Yellow Night
Darkroom
Dracula Rising
Dracula 2000
American Psycho 2 (the first one is genius)
Ants
Jeepers Creepers
Darkness Falls
Day After Tomorrow
All Children of the Corn movies except III
Clown at Midnight
Dead Pit
Ghouls II
Ghost in the Machine
Edge of Sanity
Elektra
Fear Dot Com
From Dusk Till Dawn II (I and III are genius though)
DOGMA
actually, any Kevin Smith movie except Mall Rats... and Clerks is decent
Lucio Fulci's Conquest
The Gift
Demonia
Cut
Damnation Alley
Dark Crystal
Godsend
Willow
Gothic
Cthulu Mansion
The Village
pretty much every Witchboard film
Xtro III (never saw 2 but 1 is pretty good)
Zombie High
Bless the Child
Grim
Vineyard
Guilty as Charged
Letters from a Killer
Icebox Murders
Uncle Sam (William Lustig is usually an awesome director, but this one sucked)
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
Soul Survivors
Cameron's Closet
K-Pax
Metalbeast
Midnight Kiss
A Beautiful Mind
The Mangler 2
Unspeakable (Dennis Hopper one, not the brilliant Troma one)
Ultraviolet
Holes
Last Slumber Party
Land of the Minotaur
Mimic
Suspect Zero (how was this made by the guy who made Begotten?!!?)
13 Ghosts
House on Haunted Hill 1 and 2
Moon in Scorpio
Escape from the Planet of the Apes
The Sixth Sense
Birds II
Yokai Monsters Vol. 1
Ben
Men in Black II
Legacy
Stigmata
Legend of the Wolf Woman
Caligula
Sssss
Cathy's Curse (cool stop motion part though)
A Blade in the Dark (loved Lamberto's other films though)
Blood Sisters
Blood Surf
Phantasm IV
Lone Wolf
Mailman
The Psychic
Psycho remake
Spiderman 3
Mark of the Devil
Little Witches
Lost Boys
Milo
Patch Adams
Species II
Office Killer
A Dirty Shame [I love John Waters but this film was shit]
Snot Rocket and Super Detective
Paycheck
Candyman 3
Signs
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
Alien Predators
Next of Kin
City of Blood
Octopus 2
See No Evil
Scream 2
Scary Movie 2
Mountaintop Motel Massacre
Queen of the Damned
Revenge of the Dead (aka Zeder; actually this might be the worst film I've ever seen -- imagine, a zombie movie with no fucking zombies!)
Oasis of the Zombies
Night of the Demons 2
Bats
Sleeping Dogs

That's all I can think of at the moment.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2008, 10:02 PM   #88
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
And yes, Jack Black is completely worthless, it took people long enough to realize that. Actually, pretty much any "comedian" actor who isn't Bill Murray or Tom Green is pretty bad. People like Joe Pesci, Christopher Walken, Robert DeNiro, Dennis Hopper, Nicolas Cage... you know, serious actors... are almost ALWAYS funnier. Ben Stiller? Vince Vaughn? Owen Wilson? None of those fuckers have made me laugh once.

Juno wasn't that bad. The lead actress was cute. Hardly the worst film ever. It had fucking Dario Argento and H.G. Lewis references!

Donnie Darko is pure shit though.

Old 06.11.2008, 10:02 PM   #89
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
How do you remember all those?

I have such trouble remembering the names of things. Places, movies, people, bands, songs...

Old 06.11.2008, 10:03 PM   #90
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
in every movie thread you post you list a massive amount of movies 99% of the worlds population have never heard of with out fail
Old 06.11.2008, 10:10 PM   #91
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Really? Because I only listed a couple obscure films. I'd say most people have at least HEARD of 90% of the films I listed above, if not seen a bunch of them. Yeah, looking at the list now, I mainly steered clear of the obscure shit (except Yokai Monster Vol. 1; I had to list that atrocity). Check IMDB on those movies, I bet most of those have a hundred or so reviews. But yeah, I watch a lot of movies, I am 22 years old and have been watching movies my whole life. It's not that difficult to see a bunch of movies in 22 years. Most people just watch the typical bullshit, which is sad and ridiculous. But it's like I always say: People don't necessarily have bad tastes, they just haven't been exposed to (or searched out) anything good.

On the bad side, I haven't read that many books since I mainly just watch movies and play video games. I've read enough though.

I actually have friends who have more movies/seen more than than me. And the only reason I bothered listing anything half-way obscure is because the guy who posted asked for some terrible movies that wasn't Hollywood stuff (though I did list some Hollywood stuff).

But yeah... I try to watch a movie or two every day; not hard in this internet/netflix age when nearly every movie ever made is at your fingertips. Usually I'll watch one before I go to bed and then I end up watching another one with my girlfriends or friends.

...Yeah, looking back at my list, most of those movies are fairly well-known and have been shown on sci-fi channel and fear net at least. And a lot of my friends have some of those movies. So, yeah, it's just some people on this message board I guess... I'm willing to be 75% of the movies I listed have extremely active message boards for them over on imdb.

Also, I don't really understand the question about remembering movies.. if I wasted 90 minutes of my life watching something, I usually remember it. I've never forgotten a band name either. I do forget people and song titles though.

Old 06.11.2008, 10:15 PM   #92
EMMAh
invito al cielo

Maybe I just smoke too much weed.

Old 06.11.2008, 10:17 PM   #93
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Also, that reminds me, sometime I need to take a picture of my movie collection; nearly 900 movies..

I'll narrow it down to the 10 worst films I've ever seen:

1. Death Proof
2. Revenge of the Dead/Zeder
3. Dracula Rising
4. All 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies
5. Matrix III
6. Soul Survivors
7. Bodyguard Chiba 2
8. George Romero's half of Two Evil Eyes
9. Oasis of the Zombies
10. Manhattan Baby

When talking about TECHNICALLY the worst film I've ever seen, that'd have to be Orgy of the Dead. It's hilarious and definitely worth owning/watching repeatedly, but technically speaking, the entire idea and execution of it is by far the worst. It's 90 minutes of chicks dancing! No point whatsoever... and it's based on a novel.

Old 06.11.2008, 10:23 PM   #94
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i actually love spun, now that's a movie that's pointless but tons of things happen, the characters are hollow yet interesting and it's a well executed movie. well, it's mostly pointless, i love jason schwartzman's character's ex-girlfriend because at that point is when you realize there's a story going on and these people are beyond fucked.
Old 06.11.2008, 10:29 PM   #95
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Also, that reminds me, sometime I need to take a picture of my movie collection; nearly 900 movies..

I'll narrow it down to the 10 worst films I've ever seen:

1. Death Proof
2. Revenge of the Dead/Zeder
3. Dracula Rising
4. All 3 Pirates of the Caribbean movies
5. Matrix III
6. Soul Survivors
7. Bodyguard Chiba 2
8. George Romero's half of Two Evil Eyes
9. Oasis of the Zombies
10. Manhattan Baby

When talking about TECHNICALLY the worst film I've ever seen, that'd have to be Orgy of the Dead. It's hilarious and definitely worth owning/watching repeatedly, but technically speaking, the entire idea and execution of it is by far the worst. It's 90 minutes of chicks dancing! No point whatsoever... and it's based on a novel.
Haha orgy was acutally an ed wood project that he couldn't afford to direct. He wrote the whole debacle

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.11.2008, 10:36 PM   #96
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Spun's pretty funny but it's just too all over the place for my tastes, it's too self-aware of its own style or something. Too much of a smug tone. Also, it gives me a headache. John Leguizamo always picks the trashiest fucknig parts.

And yeah, some say Ed Wood actually co-directed Orgy of the Dead. Either way... genius film (but, y'know, terrible).

Old 06.11.2008, 11:03 PM   #97
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Spun's pretty funny but it's just too all over the place for my tastes, it's too self-aware of its own style or something. Too much of a smug tone. Also, it gives me a headache. John Leguizamo always picks the trashiest fucknig parts.

And yeah, some say Ed Wood actually co-directed Orgy of the Dead. Either way... genius film (but, y'know, terrible).
Of course of course. XD

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.12.2008, 09:12 AM   #98
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I agree with you on pirates of the caribbean 2 and 3
but the first one is a MASTERPIECE
Old 06.12.2008, 09:37 AM   #99
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

i wouldn't go as far as calling the pirates trilogy as either a masterpiece or the worst films i've ever seen. it's like an ok series of movies that look good and are funny in a snickering way.
Old 06.12.2008, 09:39 AM   #100
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think the first one is perfect. a fabulous family film, as good as those type of films get

the second and third are fucking horrible.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth