Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Alan Turing
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.11.2009, 11:49 AM   #41
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
but internal testes don't make the man, or do they?

what makes a man & what makes a women? are you born or must you become that way? syg needs to start catching up on queer theory!

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 11:50 AM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
that runner is a herm. does the extra testosterone give shim an advantage?
Old 09.11.2009, 11:53 AM   #43
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
that runner is a herm. does the extra testosterone give shim an advantage?

who cares about running, can she cook with it?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 11:56 AM   #44
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
also, while searching her name, google thought that I might like this instead: http://www.lulu.com/content/4956212

I don't, but you might.

in case you don't like clicking:
Quote:
Description:

Semen is not only nutritious, but it also has a wonderful texture and amazing cooking properties. Like fine wine and cheeses, the taste of semen is complex and dynamic. Semen is inexpensive to produce and is commonly available in many, if not most, homes and restaurants. Despite all of these positive qualities, semen remains neglected as a food. This book hopes to change that. Once you overcome any initial hesitation, you will be surprised to learn how wonderful semen is in the kitchen. Semen is an exciting ingredient that can give every dish you make an interesting twist. If you are a passionate cook and are not afraid to experiment with new ingredients - you will love this cook book!

^^^ in case you don't like clicking on page two. no way am I letting this little gem fall off due to page-format.

futher reviews:
Quote:
Amazing [ No Rating ] 9 Mar 2009 by steve O'hara

We raised 400$ for a church during the bake sale becuase people could not get enough of the cream cheese cookies we made. Thanks Semen cookbook
Old 09.11.2009, 12:40 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
what makes a man & what makes a women? are you born or must you become that way? syg needs to start catching up on queer theory!

and queer theory needs to catch up with science.

but anyway "man" & "women" are-- yes-- social definitions subject to politics.

but let's not overcomplicate the issue & bring lacan, foucault, & the whole bunch of wankers into this. pleeeeeeease....
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 12:45 PM   #46
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and queer theory needs to catch up with science.

but anyway "man" & "women" are-- yes-- social definitions subject to politics.

but let's not overcomplicate the issue & bring lacan, foucault, & the whole bunch of wankers into this. pleeeeeeease....

you forgot judge judy

no but seriously...i won't get started in my criticism of science as a hierarchical knowledge source. i'd rather do my job work.

Old 09.11.2009, 12:50 PM   #47
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
no but seriously...i won't get started in my criticism of science as a hierarchical knowledge source. i'd rather do my job work.

ok but before you go, remember:

humanities departments are more hierarchical than science! humanities journals do not require proof of anything-- just power--to publish something. oh yeah. the assholes are guilty of the crimes they denounce--the eye, the beam, however it is that goes-- yeah.
Old 09.11.2009, 12:53 PM   #48
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
ok but before you go, remember:

humanities departments are more hierarchical than science! humanities journals do not require proof of anything-- just power--to publish something. oh yeah. the assholes are guilty of the crimes they denounce--the eye, the beam, however it is that goes-- yeah.

of course, i never excluded social science from my critique....those also get pretty fucked up.

a problem with most science is that even if it has been proved, the studies remain inaccessible to most people. most just believe blindly bc some scholar at a university did some test and published some paper that they will never read thus insinuating blah blah balh

okay, but really...i got some calls to make. c'ya!

Old 09.11.2009, 12:55 PM   #49
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

You see what you've done there? You've made me rise to the bait. Don't make me resort to calling you Ned again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 12:58 PM   #50
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
of course, i never excluded social science from my critique....those also get pretty fucked up.

a problem with most science is that even if it has been proved, the studies remain inaccessible to most people. most just believe blindly bc some scholar at a university did some test and published some paper that they will never read thus insinuating blah blah balh

okay, but really...i got some calls to make. c'ya!

not true about science-- it's the only source of knowledge that we have that is designed to subvert itself. corporate-funded studies excluded, of course...

the reason it "remains inaccessible to most people" is because most people don't care to learn shit about science and much rather spend the day watching soap operas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_tvjqSrBk

ok, i should go to work too... it's fucking noon already.
Old 09.11.2009, 01:12 PM   #51
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I agree. "most" people CHOOSE to stayignorant and uneducated about science and it's advancements, with the exception of the latest bullshit "health" or "beauty" advancements touted by the local news and oprah.

I say FUCK THOSE PEOPLE. They deserve their ignorant lives.
Old 09.11.2009, 01:54 PM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Many people choose to be ignorant over the incorrect use of possessive apostrophes on 'its'.

I say let those big gay bears carry on.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 09.11.2009, 01:59 PM   #53
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

for real? I always thought it was it's for a singular, "science?"? damn. that's like half a point off on every english paper.
Old 09.11.2009, 02:13 PM   #54
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
it's the only source of knowledge that we have that is designed to subvert itself.
Nonsense, philosophy has been subverting itself since before science was born!

As for Turing, something is better than nothing even though more is demanded. I hope this isn't an act of appeasement rather than genuine progress.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2009, 02:14 PM   #55
Glice
invito al cielo

Yup. "Its" is the same as "his" or "hers" or "theirs".

A lesson learnt this evening, ladies and gents. Good work big gay Rob.

Quote:
Old 09.11.2009, 02:20 PM   #56
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Nonsense, philosophy has been subverting itself since before science was born!

As for Turing, something is better than nothing even though more is demanded. I hope this isn't an act of appeasement rather than genuine progress.

philosophy is not knowledge, just THOUGHT.
Old 09.11.2009, 02:25 PM   #57
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
philosophy is not knowledge, just THOUGHT.
Quote:
I agree. "most" people CHOOSE to stayignorant and uneducated about science and it's advancements, with the exception of the latest bullshit "health" or "beauty" advancements touted by the local news and oprah.

I say FUCK THOSE PEOPLE. They deserve their ignorant lives.

So that's a blindingly obvious grammatical error and a complete misapprehension. Yeah, FUCK THOSE people. They deserve their ignorant lives.

Quote:
Old 09.11.2009, 02:28 PM   #58
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

ya heard, nephew.
Old 09.11.2009, 03:14 PM   #59
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley

it was the result of a petition that's been going on for awhile.

I tried to sign it myself, but you had to be a UK citizen.
Old 09.11.2009, 03:40 PM   #60
Glice
invito al cielo

Gay marriage is legal in all of Great Britain. And they're legal in how many US states?

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth