Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page recipes (i know... i know...)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.14.2009, 05:49 PM   #41
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe11121
Oh wow, that was lame. hah

i love to toast dark bread and then eat it with honey, sliced strawberries and some fresh mint.

or quickly heat some nutbread and eat it with bree, slices of apple and honey.

bread with banana, sugar and some drops of lemon juice makes a great snack too.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:50 PM   #42
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Get some wraps. Almost anything tastes good in a wrap. Leftovers, eggs, deli meat. You can add whatever--lettuce, tomatos, other veggies. My favorites are spinach and sun tomato wraps.

Good call about the wraps. All I'm eating for lunch at the moment is falafel-wraps with yoghurt in them.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:50 PM   #43
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I eat toast about every other morning with my eggs.

My daily breakfast is three eggs, scrambled, sometimes mixed with salsa and a tiny bit of cheese.

And coffee with cream.
Old 05.14.2009, 05:51 PM   #44
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Good call about the wraps. All I'm eating for lunch at the moment is falafel-wraps with yoghurt in them.

falafel is the best meat replacer ever, when it's the right kind. i now go to organic shops to get it, since they don't have any decent kind in the regular supermarkets (my parents are in charge of the groceries and they dont have the ime to go to any other shop)

flickr

Old 05.14.2009, 05:51 PM   #45
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
All you need is mozzarella cheese, sliced veggies, olive oil, pita pockets, and a grill. Brush the pita with oil, layer on the veggies and cheese, and then grill until the pita is crisp, the veggies are tender and the cheese is melted.

Ingredients
1 pita bread round
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
Your choice of veggies

Directions
  • Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
  • Spread one side of the pita with olive oil and pizza sauce. Top with cheese and mushrooms, and season with garlic salt.
  • Lightly oil grill grate. Place pita pizza on grill, cover, and cook until cheese completely melts, about 5 minutes.
Prep Time:5m
Cook Time:15m
Ready in:20m
Yield:1 serving

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:52 PM   #46
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
here is the recipe for the pumpkin pea risotto, it is from the neil perry book the food i love. neil perry is the owner of the rockpool restaurant in sydney which is amonst the top 100 restaurants in the world according to gourmet traveller.

terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:52 PM   #47
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i love to toast dark bread and then eat it with honey, sliced strawberries and some fresh mint.

or quickly heat some nutbread and eat it with bree, slices of apple and honey.

bread with banana, sugar and some drops of lemon juice makes a great snack too.

*drool*
Sounds so good.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:52 PM   #48
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
I eat toast about every other morning with my eggs.

My daily breakfast is three eggs, scrambled, sometimes mixed with salsa and a tiny bit of cheese.

And coffee with cream.
three eggs a day? that's what my nutritionist told me to have in one week! and i can have more eggs than non-vegetarians for some reson (don't remember why exactly)

flickr

Old 05.14.2009, 05:56 PM   #49
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
All you need is mozzarella cheese, sliced veggies, olive oil, pita pockets, and a grill. Brush the pita with oil, layer on the veggies and cheese, and then grill until the pita is crisp, the veggies are tender and the cheese is melted.

Ingredients
1 pita bread round
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 tablespoons pizza sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
Your choice of veggies

Directions
  • Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
  • Spread one side of the pita with olive oil and pizza sauce. Top with cheese and mushrooms, and season with garlic salt.
  • Lightly oil grill grate. Place pita pizza on grill, cover, and cook until cheese completely melts, about 5 minutes.
Prep Time:5m
Cook Time:15m
Ready in:20m
Yield:1 serving

oooh la la!

sounds great!

so many good recipes in this thread! i will have to report back monday night.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 05:58 PM   #50
sarramkrop

Quote:
falafel is the best meat replacer ever, when it's the right kind. i now go to organic shops to get it, since they don't have any decent kind in the regular supermarkets (my parents are in charge of the groceries and they dont have the ime to go to any other shop)

Yes, it's not easy to find good falafels. You're also right that they don't make you miss eating meat at all.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 06:00 PM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
three eggs a day? that's what my nutritionist told me to have in one week! and i can have more eggs than non-vegetarians for some reson (don't remember why exactly)

My physician told me it's fine. Since I work out everyday, she said it's a great way to add protein (which helps muscle tone).

The worry over yolks is hype. Eggs in the morning also take me all the way to lunch. If I don't have them, I'm starving by mid-morning and then I resort to eating junk like donuts.
Old 05.14.2009, 06:02 PM   #52
sarramkrop

With eggs I find that I prefer frying them using butter, rather than oil.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 06:03 PM   #53
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
butter makes everything taste better.... even if you're english.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 06:03 PM   #54
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
My physician told me it's fine. Since I work out everyday, she said it's a great way to add protein (which helps muscle tone).

The worry over yolks is hype. Eggs in the morning also take me all the way to lunch. If I don't have them, I'm starving by mid-morning and then I resort to eating junk like donuts.

ok then, im not working out every day (unless you count stressing and running around as a real workout) so i guess i'm better off with my muesli-yoghurt-apple breakfast :P

and sarramkrop: i never miss eating meat since i became a vegetarian because i didn't like meat at all. the problem with me is that i hate the texture and taste of most meat replacers (they try to be like meat) so i usually have nuts or beans in my dishes.

flickr

Old 05.14.2009, 06:04 PM   #55
gmku
invito al cielo

Ha ha. Yeah. A little butter is fine.
Old 05.14.2009, 06:10 PM   #56
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
Ha ha. Yeah. A little butter is fine.

a bit of salted butter with chocolate sprinkles on bread. mm.

flickr

Old 05.14.2009, 08:02 PM   #57
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
I use a lot of Good Eats recipes. Today I made Potato and Leek soup. I'm also known to make a damn fine pizza, but I use boxed crust.

And yeah, butter makes everything better. I use like 1/4 of a stick to make 2 friend sandwiches .
Old 05.14.2009, 08:02 PM   #58
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
good thing flotzers is a robot.

I require the flesh of living beings!!!!!!!!

I knew that I should have specified further than" " and her dislike of meat.

she'll eat meat, sometimes (just not often). thinking about my earlier post made me fear a new fascist meatless regime.

HALP!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.14.2009, 09:45 PM   #59
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
hire a mexican ladeee who wants to come to the amerikkka to be yr cook?

you dont need to be in the kitchen, and flots gets mexican food.

win win?
Old 05.15.2009, 08:38 AM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
<<((("now to get gg out of the house while I "help" mi sancha make fish taco."))
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth