Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Scarlet Johansson, Edward Norton, Drew Barrymore, Johnny Depp, Chloe Sevigny
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.06.2007, 04:59 AM   #41
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i dont know about gandolfini's range though-- before the sopranos, he had been forgettable. norton is more of a... hm an anglo saxon, his emotional expression is quite restrained-- has more of a stiff face, tight lips, wooden expression. but that's cultural-- not everybody can play some hot blooded don juan. so he was very good in the painted veil, where he plays this very stiff british doctor/public servant-- his intensity is more restrained, he doesn't move his hands when he speaks. of course pair him against marlon brando and he's going to lose big. he's still a good actor though, does his job well, but yeah he's no dennis hopper, eh.

Ray Winstone doesn't seem to suffer from the same thing that you say Norton suffers, and he's an English actor, not American. That goes for Kathy Burke too.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 05:02 AM   #42
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Ray Winstone is going to have to break out of the mould set him by Nil by Mouth before anyone can properly judge his talent.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 05:10 AM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i'll take that hysterical man, what's his name, who did these cheesy movies and blew everybody else out of the water, and unfortunately plays these shitty movies like hairy pothead, what's his name-- hmm..

alan rickman-- yes-- what a waste of talent.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 05:13 AM   #44
sarramkrop

Alan Rickman is such an arsehole in real life. I hate him, and only occasionally he can be a decent actor.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 05:15 AM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Alan Rickman is such an arsehole in real life. I hate him, and only occasionally he can be a decent actor.

i've never met him, but i admire his acting chops when the movie allows. if you want revenge for some wrong, just look at his film career-- one ass movie after another. a waste.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 05:41 AM   #46
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
i dont care what you say, Rickman was great as the sheriff in Robin Hood...beating up on that stupide kevin costner....

as for LIT, sure the script is not so original...but what is these days? Whatever other movies you speak of that have this same style, are lacking one potent ingredient that LIT has in spades, and that is Bill Murray...

as for Norton, has anyone seen Rounders or The Illusionist? 25th Hour has finally been mentined as well...he's just great...I think he's also weird and pretty intelligent, if you've ever read an interview of him....also, deny Fight Club all you want, but it worked, and manages to be a very interesting film despite its hollywood sheen, and I can't think of another who couldve pulled it off as well as he did...Pitt helped in that one as well...but Norton was fantastic.
davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 08:56 AM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Scarlet Johansson - eye candy, nothing more. boring actress. the emotional depth of a saucer of milk.

Edward Norton - better director than actor. I do enjoy his movies, but he is nothing special to me.

Drew Barrymore - milked her eye candy bubblyness and her last name into a carreer. terrible actress.

Johnny Depp - the only one here that is a great actor. You are wrong about Johnny. he is amazing, and a very talnted performer. without him fear & Loathing would have been pointless. say what you will about the pirate movies, the first one is pure genius and depp is solid gold in it. a true masterpiece in my eyes. he has made some shitty movies but who hasn't?

Chloe Sevigny - ugly skank. SHIT actress. worst one on here. watching her on Big Love makes me want to barf on her moustache.
Old 06.06.2007, 09:32 AM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I'm glad you said 'at Norton's age' in reference to Dennis Hopper, who's been a diminishing talent for quite some time now.

Most actors are bound to a certain period of their life that will forever define them. Jack Nicholson is a perfect case in point in that his entire career is now largely defined by the series of movies he made between One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Shining. Actors that have managed to remain interesting throughout the duration of their career are few and far between. Paul Newman never really did. Robert DeNiro LOOKED like he was able to but then descended into a kind of pointless self-parody. For that reason, Marlon Brando remains one of the true Hollywood greats in that he can be identified with so many varying roles in films as different as A Streetcar Named Desire, Last Tango in Paris and The Godfather.

I think de niro has been fantastic throughout. from his early movies to raging bull, to taxi driver, to godfathers never forget that he was already old in goodfellas, a genius movie. also he was the single best thing in ronin, an underrrated movie. his comedies are something else. anything with benstille has the stink of shit around it.
Old 06.06.2007, 09:47 AM   #49
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
Ed Norton = he's one of those guys (Kevin Bacon?) capable of doing great performances followed by BAD movies. His expressions/acting in the first part of American History X is truly amazing, imo, and he's good (very good) ni fight club and 25th hour.

'25th hour' was one of the strongest performances i've ever seen from norton.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 10:42 AM   #50
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
A good rule for people who have a lot of things to say about film

Haha, not a real thread, just a fucking indictment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Unless you produce it or write about it in a more significant way , as well as breath it, it's useless and ultimately boring to hear over and over again about your views in contexts that don't add up to much, and in fact they are depressing for most of those who love it dearly . Really, do something about your frustrations or shut the fuck up.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 11:02 AM   #51
sarramkrop

Yeah yeah, atari. Now, stretch your arm like a good boy.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 11:28 AM   #52
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
So, do you like being an actor?
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 11:35 AM   #53
sarramkrop

Nope, why?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 11:48 AM   #54
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Best film (IMO) by each...

scarlet: The Man Who Wasn't There

edward norton: The Illusionist/Death To Smoochy

drew: E.T., and that says a lot

depp: Secret Window

chloe sevigny: KIDS (it's all I've seen with her in it)
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 11:55 AM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

sevigny's finest performance
Old 06.06.2007, 12:16 PM   #56
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

sevigny's finest performance

i knew that was coming....get it?

i wonder if she got mouth warts from sucking vincent gallo off?

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2007, 02:21 PM   #57
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Edward Norton is a pretty good actor I like him.
Now who wouldn't like Scarlette?
Drew, Johnny and Chloe are buttplugs...
Old 06.06.2007, 02:23 PM   #58
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Dude not cool Rob
Old 06.06.2007, 02:28 PM   #59
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
val-holla-ing - Vincent Gallo probably ripped that little number off from an ancient Richard Kern short, where Lydia Lunch is giving Jim Foetus' impressively large wanger her full attention.
Old 06.06.2007, 02:47 PM   #60
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
I don't give a shit about actors, really. If a movie is good, that's all I care about...unfortunately most are shite.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth